Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Biomedical science anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be the only one doing IB aha, if you have 666 higher level and 40 points and someone else has 766 higher level and still 40 points, does this mean that they have a better chance of acceptance?
    Anyone else applying for Law?

ReputationRep:
    How is mathematics in durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloxhamcj)
    I seem to be the only one doing IB aha, if you have 666 higher level and 40 points and someone else has 766 higher level and still 40 points, does this mean that they have a better chance of acceptance?
    Anyone else applying for Law?
    I'm doing IB too! Applying for History though not Law. I think if depends on what the 7 is probably (if it's the subject they're applying for that would probably give them an edge), but I'm really not sure.
    What are your subjects? I'm doing HL English, History and Philosophy and SL French, Maths Studies and Enviro.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for University College for Politics. What are my chances of being allocated to Castle as opposed to another college?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am going to apply to Durham for Politics and the college i really want it John Snow, it's perfect for me! however, when i try to input it on UCAS, John snow or Stephenson aren't options. What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    Politics Is based at durham city so you have to apply to a college at durham xity, john snow and stephenson are queens campus colleges
    (Original post by 90780)
    Hey guys, I am going to apply to Durham for Politics and the college i really want it John Snow, it's perfect for me! however, when i try to input it on UCAS, John snow or Stephenson aren't options. What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afern)
    I'm doing IB too! Applying for History though not Law. I think if depends on what the 7 is probably (if it's the subject they're applying for that would probably give them an edge), but I'm really not sure.
    What are your subjects? I'm doing HL English, History and Philosophy and SL French, Maths Studies and Enviro.
    I'm doing HL English lit and Lang, Biology and Economics and SL drama, maths and Latin.What are your predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whittick)
    Hoping to apply for politics and IR

5A*, 4A and 2B at GCSE
    AABB at AS
    A*A*A prediction this year
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Who else is doing Politics?

GCSEs: ABBBBCCC (I had extenuating circumstances)
    AS Levels: AAAA
    A Levels: AAA
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    I'm applying for University College for Politics. What are my chances of being allocated to Castle as opposed to another college?
    (Original post by 90780)
    Fellow Politics applicants!

Heyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantino_chr)

Heyyy
    hello
    which unis are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90780)
    hello
    which unis are you applying to?
    Exeter, York and LSE...

I now need an ABB option, so either Birmingham or Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedwig24)
    Biomedical science anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ME!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    GCSEs: 10A* 4A
    As: AAAAA in biology, chemistry, maths, german and general studies
    A2 predictions: A*AA but hopefully A*A*A in biology, chemistry and german
    Hoping to do biological sciences or biomed- havent quite decided yet

ReputationRep:
    Exeter, York and LSE...

I now need an ABB option, so either Birmingham or Southampton.
    ah I am applying to birmingham, LSE, durham, warwick and either York or Nottingham.
    What are your predicted grades?
    Also which college are you looking at for durham?

ReputationRep:

Heyyy
    Hey!

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A*A*AAAAAC

A' Levels: A*A*A (Politics, Philosophy and Ethics, History)

Either combined social science or just straight politics/international relations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90780)
    ah I am applying to birmingham, LSE, durham, warwick and either York or Nottingham.
    What are your predicted grades?
    Also which college are you looking at for durham?
    I believe my predicted are A*AA and I'm looking at either Grey or Aidan's. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloxhamcj)
    I'm doing HL English lit and Lang, Biology and Economics and SL drama, maths and Latin.What are your predictions?
    I have no idea what my predictions are because my school doesn't do mocks :\ I took the Enviro exam last year though (it's only a one year course at my school...) and I got a 6 on that though!

ReputationRep:
    I believe my predicted are A*AA and I'm looking at either Grey or Aidan's. Yourself?
    Ah thats good,mine should be similar. I'm really not sure! I I want a single en-suite room but, i think quite a few colleges share soo, I'm looking at St Cuthbert and Bulter but i haven't finalisied it. I think that the Politics building is quite far from the City Centre which is a bit annoying as I want to be close to the centre.

ReputationRep:
    Course: Biomedical Science
    GCSE's: A*AAAAAAAAC
    AS levels: Bio - A, Chem - A, Maths - A (F.Maths dropped)
    A2 levels: had to retake due to extenuating circumstances but I've heard they're fine with it and I do have a genuine reason. Maybe my grades in the previous years will prove them that I am capable of achieving well, even though they aren't standard A* across the board at GCSE.
    A2 predicted: A*A*A (Chem, Maths, Bio respectively)

My personal statement is going to be tailored to Biochemistry. Considering Biomed is the closest to Biochem and has a lot of similar modules, it won't be a problem, will it? Any advice appreciated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.