Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'd like to enter the competition.

Last year was horrible for me, I ended up doing badly (ADE) and not getting into uni. So now I'm on a gap year resitting a few biology exams and I'm also studying a level history in one year too.

I have an offer from UCL to study history providing I get AA in biology and history. I feel confident in getting an A for history (I'm actually aiming for A*) but an A in biology seems nearly impossible. Either way I'm gonna give it my all since studying history at UCL will be a dream come true.

ReputationRep:
    My Goal:

English Lit A
    Psychology A*
    Sociology A*

Want to get into Durham.. may have to resit A2 English next year

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently doing AS levels and feel I need extra motivation in fulfilling my goals.

My goals are:

A-Physics
    A-Maths
    A-Spanish
    A-Religious Studies
    B/C-Further Maths

It might sound strange but Further Maths is actually my most important goal as it is the subject I am struggling with the most.

ReputationRep:
    My goals for my AS levels are:
    A/B in History (depending on whether I pass the one exam I'm struggling with)
    A in Welsh
    B in English Lit

I really want to do well in History as that's the subject I want to study in university.

ReputationRep:
    Hiiii

I'm setting a big target for myself this year and it has been on the works however I have experience some downfalls due to my inexperience to deals with certain issues however now i'm very determine to excel on my final exams.

I'm currently finishing my A2

Economics - B (AS)
    Government & Politics - B (AS)
    Statistics - D (AS)

I'm aiming to push to A3 and I honestly think i can achieve that and this is a great opportunity to FURTHER encourage myself !!!

SO i really want to take part in this

need to guidance on further steps doe .... as for the blog and emailing puddle monkey etc....

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I'm doing IB and currently starting semester 2 of my grade 11

I really want to improve my grades because I want to go to a medical school. I'm setting my standards high on Cambridge and Oxford

My current grades are as follows:

Biology HL 6
    Chemistry HL 6
    Psychology HL 7
    Mathematics SL 6
    Bahasa Indonesia A Literature SL 7
    English A Language and Literature SL 7

Total: 39/42 , excluding core points

I'm not sure whether my school will send the predicted grades with or without the core points. So now, I'm just pulling my strings really hard. I just want to make sure that I will be put into the qualified bin when the admission officers see my CV.

My goal at the end of this semester is to get 41/42 and if possible 42/42.

Let's work hard !

ReputationRep:
    My goal is definitely an A in History as it is for all my other subjects, although I don't think it's that impossible as I know I haven't been revising enough. History in particular because I am working at a C but my teacher says I am well able to get an A

My other current Grades are:

Psychology D
    Biology D
    Chemistry U (I have since started to revise seriously due to kick up **** given by contrast to grades of small tests)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by zb91297)
    I'm really interested in this ! Current grades are
    Biology - E
    History -B
    Psychology -D
    religious studies - D

How do I email puddles ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Hey guys I'd like to enter the competition.

Last year was horrible for me, I ended up doing badly (ADE) and not getting into uni. So now I'm on a gap year resitting a few biology exams and I'm also studying a level history in one year too.

I have an offer from UCL to study history providing I get AA in biology and history. I feel confident in getting an A for history (I'm actually aiming for A*) but an A in biology seems nearly impossible. Either way I'm gonna give it my all since studying history at UCL will be a dream come true.
    (Original post by r0guebanana)
    My Goal:

English Lit A
    Psychology A*
    Sociology A*

Want to get into Durham.. may have to resit A2 English next year
    (Original post by CaptainDJJoe)
    Hi I'm currently doing AS levels and feel I need extra motivation in fulfilling my goals.

My goals are:

A-Physics
    A-Maths
    A-Spanish
    A-Religious Studies
    B/C-Further Maths

It might sound strange but Further Maths is actually my most important goal as it is the subject I am struggling with the most.
    (Original post by AmyGeorge98)
    My goals for my AS levels are:
    A/B in History (depending on whether I pass the one exam I'm struggling with)
    A in Welsh
    B in English Lit

I really want to do well in History as that's the subject I want to study in university.
    (Original post by fabio micolo)
    Hiiii

I'm setting a big target for myself this year and it has been on the works however I have experience some downfalls due to my inexperience to deals with certain issues however now i'm very determine to excel on my final exams.

Economics - B (AS)
    Statistics - D (AS)

I'm aiming to push to A3 and I honestly think i can achieve that and this is a great opportunity to FURTHER encourage myself !!!

need to guidance on further steps doe .... as for the blog and emailing puddle monkey etc....
    (Original post by zenlatte)
    Hi guys!
    I'm doing IB and currently starting semester 2 of my grade 11

I really want to improve my grades because I want to go to a medical school. I'm setting my standards high on Cambridge and Oxford

My current grades are as follows:

Biology HL 7
    Chemistry HL 6
    Psychology HL 7
    Mathematics SL 6
    Bahasa Indonesia A Literature SL 7
    English A Language and Literature SL 7

Total: 40/42 , excluding core points

I'm not sure whether my school will send the predicted grades with or without the core points. So now, I'm just pulling my strings really hard. I just want to make sure that I will be put into the qualified bin when the admission officers see my CV.

My goal at the end of this semester is to get 41/42 and if possible 42/42.

Let's work hard !
    (Original post by Gott)
    My goal is definitely an A in History as it is for all my other subjects, although I don't think it's that impossible as I know I haven't been revising enough. History in particular because I am working at a C but my teacher says I am well able to get an A

My other current Grades are:

Psychology D
    Biology D
    Chemistry U (I have since started to revise seriously due to kick up **** given by contrast to grades of small tests)

I'll PM you now! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'll PM you now! :woo:
    It won't let me add attachments in the reply to the PM and I only have my History, Psychogy and Chemistry Mocks (I could give you a previous biology mock)

ReputationRep:
    Im currently doing A2 and off to university soon hopefully. In AS I got a B in citizenship , B in Graphics , D English Lit&Lang and E in Spanish

I would like to get
    Citizenship: A*
    English Lit & Lang: A
    Spanish: A/B

I want to go on to study Law at university.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I think this is a really good idea and would love to take part!
    My goals are to :
    - Improve my geography grade from a low C to a good B (maybe A!)
    - Move from German foundation to higher
    - Lastly achieve an A* in biology and maths

ReputationRep:
    My goals-
    English, French, Computing and Product design-A
    Geography, Maths, Biology, Physics-A*
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by fabio micolo)
    Hiiii

Economics - B (AS)
    Statistics - D (AS)

Great aims!

As for the comp details, Puddles will send you a PM with the instructions to emailing her and verifying your grades, so don't worry about that If you go to the grow your grades forum and create a new thread, that acts as your blog You don't need to wait for Puddles to verify your grades to do that In your blog you should tell us a bit about yourself, what your aims are and what you're going to do to achieve them

ReputationRep:
    Currently at AS level... Not feeling too fantastic about how my grades are looking...
    Predicted a B in psych (feeling like that's possible)
    An A in EngLit (hmmm... I don't know)
    A C/D in archaeology
    And a C in photography...

Would LOVE

As in pysch and english lit
    and a B, maybe, in photography
    probably a C in archaeology (it's interesting, just hard)

arghh... the stresssss...
    Wanna study psych or english at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Id really like to enter this competition I think it's a really good idea and extremely motivating!
    So my current situation is that I am on a gap year as I unfortunately didn't get into my chosen university for last September to study Biological Sciences, I am therefore resitting my A2 AQA Biology modules and would really love an A this time round. My grades that I achieved last year are:
    Maths - B
    Chemistry - B
    Biology - D
    I need an A to get into my chosen university and I'd really appreciate any help and support I can be given
    Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I want to enter too!
    Currently in my 3rd year of sixth form as I messed up my first year by picking the wrong subjects. I already have:
    Fine Art A2: C
    Classics A2: C
    Law AS: B
    And I am currently studying and predicted:
    Law A2: A
    English lang AS: B
    English lang A2: B

But I'm aiming for all A's this year, possibly go for A* in Law if I resit my AS (undecided on this so far).
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Puddles the Monkey;53249933]
    Hello I have messaged you but haven't received a verification?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by chantellerose)
    [QUOTE=Puddles the Monkey;53249933]
    Hello I have messaged you but haven't received a verification?
    Your quote didn't work so I'll requote her in:
    x
    She's been very busy with entries, but I'm sure that she'll reply to your PM ASAP!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Yasdyxo)
    Im currently doing A2 and off to university soon hopefully. In AS I got a B in citizenship , B in Graphics , D English Lit&Lang and E in Spanish

I would like to get
    Citizenship: A*
    English Lit & Lang: A
    Spanish: A/B

I want to go on to study Law at university.
    (Original post by 21sophie21)
    Hello,
    I think this is a really good idea and would love to take part!
    My goals are to :
    - Improve my geography grade from a low C to a good B (maybe A!)
    - Move from German foundation to higher
    - Lastly achieve an A* in biology and maths
    (Original post by TheAlphaParticle)
    My goals-
    English, French, Computing and Product design-A
    Geography, Maths, Biology, Physics-A*
    (Original post by YellowMood)
    Currently at AS level... Not feeling too fantastic about how my grades are looking...
    Predicted a B in psych (feeling like that's possible)
    An A in EngLit (hmmm... I don't know)
    A C/D in archaeology
    And a C in photography...

Would LOVE

As in pysch and english lit
    and a B, maybe, in photography
    probably a C in archaeology (it's interesting, just hard)

arghh... the stresssss...
    Wanna study psych or english at uni.
    (Original post by paige09)
    Hey! Id really like to enter this competition I think it's a really good idea and extremely motivating!
    So my current situation is that I am on a gap year as I unfortunately didn't get into my chosen university for last September to study Biological Sciences, I am therefore resitting my A2 AQA Biology modules and would really love an A this time round. My grades that I achieved last year are:
    Maths - B
    Chemistry - B
    Biology - D
    I need an A to get into my chosen university and I'd really appreciate any help and support I can be given
    Thankyou!
    (Original post by inthechaos)
    Hey! I want to enter too!
    Currently in my 3rd year of sixth form as I messed up my first year by picking the wrong subjects. I already have:
    Fine Art A2: C
    Classics A2: C
    Law AS: B
    And I am currently studying and predicted:
    Law A2: A
    English lang AS: B
    English lang A2: B

But I'm aiming for all A's this year, possibly go for A* in Law if I resit my AS (undecided on this so far).
    Thanks!
    x

Hi everyone!

Puddles will PM you soon regarding verifying your grades! Thanks so much for your interest, in the meantime, you can get your blog set up and chat about the competition in the Discussion Thread!

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    :woo: Introducing TSR's new Grow your Grades Competition!! :woo:

Please keep this thread just for entries, head over to our discussion thread for chat

Need some motivation to get your grades where you want? For our brand new study help transformation competition, we're asking you whether there's one subject (or module if you're at uni) that you want to improve on.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Keep us all updated about how you're progressing in that subject through your blog and share with the TSR community your high and low points, strategies for success, latest assessments, and get help and feedback!

Why should I enter?

• Our Study Help team will be on hand to give you hints and tips on how to improve, along with help and motivation from the rest of TSR
    • Improve on your weakest subject to prepare for your exams
    • Share your experiences and gain advice from other participants

Plus on top of improving your grades, there's going to be great prizes for the entrants that...

• Make the biggest change in their grades
    • Keep the best blog
    • Overcame the biggest hurdle

How to enter:

• The closing date for entries is 9th February 2015
    • Reply to this thread to express your interest (remember to mention your goals!) :dumbells:
    • Email Puddles the Monkey a picture/proof of your current grades- she will then verify this to everyone else (so you don't have to post your details publicly).
    • Set up your blog here
    • The competition ends on GCSE Results day 2015

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

If you want to improve your grades and have the chance to win great prizes, then enter here and start your blog!

Linked image copyright Matt Biddulph.
    it would be amazing to get A's in biology and sociology and a B in chemistry!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.