Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5 watch

• View Poll Results: Who wins this mother****er?
    Mayweather - Decision
    34.29%
    Mayweather - KO/TKO
    7.62%
    Pacquiao - Decision
    16.19%
    Pacquiao - KO/TKO
    33.33%
    Draw
    2.86%
    The fight doesn't happen
    5.71%

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I have a feeling that Mayweather will win on points, but I really want Pacquiao to win!

Come on Pacman! :party:

ReputationRep:
    Interesting Floyd was in trouble, briefly, in his previous fights with Mosley and also didn't realise that Maidana caught him with a shot in the first fight that the ref, Kenny Bayliss, didn't rule as a knockdown(?) but Manny throws punches in bunches so that's surely something Floyd hasn't experienced before so how he handles that, especially in the first six rounds, will be very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Pac Man
    :excited::headbang::party::kungfu::party::headbang::excited:

ReputationRep:
    Please win pacman

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mayweathers real record is 54-0.

The extra 7 wins are against women he's beaten up haha

I dont care if pacquiao loses I just wanna see floyds ass connect with the ground. I will jump for joy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mayweather should win this comfortably. I can see Pacquiao having a few strong rounds though

ReputationRep:
    I reckon if Manny doesn't put Mayweather down in the first 4 rounds Mayweather will dictate the tempo as Pacquiao tires, and abuse his right hand as well as run around the ring until the fight ends, ending in a Mayweather S.D.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    I think from that second video what you really get is a sense of how good Mayweather's reflexes really are.
    The study of the footwork is interesting. Will be interesting to see how it works out with Floyd usually circling counter clockwise against a southpaw. Thats pretty much exactly what Manny will want, so I look forward to seeing whether Floyd just makes it work or Manny can force him into changing his style, and at which points in the fight if so.

So many different people analysing this fight and its funny how many different conclusions can be drawn from observing the same things. Ultimately I think such videos demonstrate there are a lot more versions of Floyd you could have to face than there are Manny, and I think that is what will cost Manny. Floyd is ring smart, and Manny has a limited window before Floyd will adjust to counter whatever weapon Manny is finding effective.

I kind of want Manny to sit Floyd down in the early rounds, just because it will probably mean we'll get a rematch.

ReputationRep:
    will there be a stream?

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the ring from the nosebleed's don't understand why you'd even want a seat there tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Looking at the ring from the nosebleed's don't understand why you'd even want a seat there tbh.
    I guess it's just for the atmosphere and to say "I was there"

ReputationRep:
    i predict Mayweather with a massive right hook and the uppercut to finish it, then once he's done practicing on his girlfriend he'll lose to manny on points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robster01)
    I guess it's just for the atmosphere and to say "I was there"
    I was there basically means you want snot and blood on your $500 suit.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Come on, Manny! Do yourself proud, my man.

ReputationRep:
    Loving how they are describing Loma's previous opponents as victims. This is the fight of the undercard.

ReputationRep:
    Undercard starting now btw, this should be a fun one, Loma's great to watch
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Backing pacman for the win.

ReputationRep:
    I really want Pacquiao to take this... LETS GO CHAMP!!

ReputationRep:
    Loma :coma:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 14, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.