Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Wawasan)
    Good on the whole, I suspect grade boundaries will be a little bit lower than last year maybe.

I'm just wondering - for the multiple choice, did any of you end of with the answer D for questions 7, 8, 9 AND 10? Or something similar - I can't remember. I was a bit surprised to end up with four in a row but I suppose Iwas confident of the answer being D at the time!
    yh i got 4 d's in a row around there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czj1997)
    i got loads of Cs though, not D...
    I barely got Cs omg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    yh i got 4 d's in a row around there
    Phew

On a different note, I chose Context 2 since the 12 mark question on Context 1 really did put me off. For the 25 mark evaluative question, I essentially argued why the market "works" and that government intervention would treat the symptoms not tackle the cause of any problems in the car and energy markets - dunno how valid that is, but we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and by the way for the Porduction Possibiltiy multiple choice question, I picked B (I think) - showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    I barely got Cs omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haahah omg i probably got them wrong, damn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czj1997)
    haahah omg i probably got them wrong, damn
    No, If anything, I probably got them wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh and by the way for the Porduction Possibiltiy multiple choice question, I picked B (I think) - showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resources.
    same

ReputationRep:
    Did you pick showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resource at this this period of time (or something similar) or only showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resources? because these two were quite similar..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridirahman)
    Did you pick showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resource at this this period of time (or something similar) or only showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resources? because these two were quite similar..
    Yep - I think A was similar to B and I picked B. It was a bit ambiguous I thought - if only I coudl remember exactly what A read

ReputationRep:
    The MCQs were pretty tough! I'm aiming for 20 on that, and 35 on the Data Response, but I didn't talk about government failure enough and basically said they were great . . . How many diagrams did everyone do? I did 2 for the 12 marker because I couldn't talk for that long about the price mechanism, and then 5 for the 25 marker, but I didn't finish the last one . . .

ReputationRep:
    For the definition of income inequality I put "uneven distribution of income throughout an economy". Will that be enough for 5 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Good on the whole, I suspect grade boundaries will be a little bit lower than last year maybe.

I'm just wondering - for the multiple choice, did any of you end of with the answer D for questions 7, 8, 9 AND 10? Or something similar - I can't remember. I was a bit surprised to end up with four in a row but I suppose Iwas confident of the answer being D at the time!
    why so? definitions werent bad, the context 1 25 marker was very general and you could talk about any market you wanted to (kind of) - so something you know best!

i don't think i did well but i can see people doing better since there was so much to talk about

does anyone have the actual MCQ questions and maybe answers so I can try remember and see what mark i got

ReputationRep:

I got D for 5,6,7,8,9 and 10 lol

ReputationRep:
    For question 2 on the multiple choice did you guys pick A - Delivery Van or B - Stocks & Shares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakelong1001)
    For question 2 on the multiple choice did you guys pick A - Delivery Van or B - Stocks & Shares?
    Delivery van

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakelong1001)
    I picked A, but I think B is financial capital so who knows . . .

(Original post by simran026)
    For the definition of income inequality I put "uneven distribution of income throughout an economy". Will that be enough for 5 marks?
    i doubt it you didn't define income

ReputationRep:
    Yep - I think A was similar to B and I picked B. It was a bit ambiguous I thought - if only I coudl remember exactly what A read
    I think I picked B but my memory could be failing me . . .

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys put for the MCQ question on the capital goods/derived demand?

ReputationRep:
    I did context 1. i talked about subsidies, taxes and Max price level. And some of the adv and dis of them. However my conclusion was just:
    Gov intervention may reduce market failure however it can lead to a further misallocation of resources. Will I lose marks?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.