This discussion is closed.
caiitliin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LutherVan)
If the cases are not going to court and assessed based on their merit, then how can anyone come to the conclusion that only less than 1% is a lie except they are pulling the figures out of their derriere?
Uh, not my quote. But you still haven't given me any evidence.
Let me tell you my evidence of how Ched Evans is innocent, you dimwit.

- A girl that claims she was too drunk to give consent, was not drunk enough to buy pizza and pay with the EXACT change which she fished out from her purse.

- A girl that claims she was too drunk to give consent, was not drunk enough to be able to be texting her friends from the hotel and did not make any error in grammar.

- A girl that claims she was too drunk to give consent, was not drunk enough to not be posting on FB how she slept with a footballer and later deleted the messages.

- A jury that found Ched Evans guilty of rape, found the first guy that had sex with the girl before Ched innocent of rape despite the girl accusing both men of rape. So are the jury saying she got more drunk after the first sex despite not taking anymore alcohol, dimwit?
Read: inscrutable evidence. Please do not quote someone having the exact change as inscrutable evidence. I have done some pretty impressive things whilst piss drunk, such as successfully taking off necklaces with elaborate clasps behind my head. It's a pretty co-ordinated manouevre that I wouldn't even be able to see, but hey, I have done it! That's evidence I was sober, right? Also, autocorrect? I can text in perfect grammar to my friends drunk. It has happened.
Can you now see how dangerous it is to
Read: "Can you now see how dangerous it is give women freedom? Men might get caught doing BAD THINGS! ACK!"

Any girl that has had any alcohol can claim rape if she later regrets giving it up so easily or if the man does not do as she wishes afterwards.
And again, how often does this happen? I did not quote the 1% statistic. If you want me to take give you even an epoch of consideration, you'd have to give me some sort of evidence with reliable sources. I've already asked you once.

Not to say that is what happened with OP, but we have to use our senses not to provide grounds for such stupidity, which you are too thick to spot. To you, that is rape apologist.

OP wants to know whether she was raped and I am giving my opinion based on conditions and circumstances.
You are not telling her whether she was raped: you are telling her whether she has the right to admit she was. The quality of the rapist's life is NOT an argument as to whether she was raped: what you ​are arguing is whether she should admit it or not. You are encouraging her to SILENCE herself.

OP: Don't worry about the imbeciles. Things will be alright; please do what you know is right, and if it makes you feel safer, pursue a police case against this rapist urgently. Best of luck for the future, and I hope you are alright.
eskimo_rising
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am giving an argument relating to an issue that can destroy a man's life and future if he is found guilty despite being innocent, like we have seen with Ched Evans, and you think that is trolling?

Get a grip, girl.

Regret sex is not rape and a law based on assumption one gender can claim it under certain circumstances, while another cannot in exactly the same circumstances, is a foolish law.
Ched Evans, you mean the rapist or was found guilty of rape in a court of law? It's not the potential victims place to be weighing up evidence and making a decision in this kind of ambiguous situation, it is the Polices job to weigh up the evidence.

With the recent change in law, whether we agree with it or not, this guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. At the very least given the basic facts it should now be a Police matter given. The new laws are very clear what you think about them is irrelevant.
Wattsy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Girl, you are so dimwitted it is shocking.

What other inscrutable evidence do you need to know that someone can give consent when they were of a state of mind to sing Gangnam style in perfect Russian during their supposedly incapacitating inebriation?

Or you just don't understand the concept of incapability of giving consent that you support so much?

Read better: Women should be responsible and held responsible for their own decisions just like men are. They should not be given a special female-only platform to pass responsibility to a man.

I suggest you go and do a survey to find out how often it happens if you are interested in that figure.

My argument is to prevent the opportunity for it to happen. If you have some evidential argument that it is impossible for such to occur then I am happy to argue that point with you if you have the sense to defend it.

I am telling her the conditions I would agree and disagree if she was raped.

The abuse of the fundamental human rights of the alleged possible rapist because of his gender is an argument.

I need to know what relationship exists between them and what her state and actions were. You are the one trying to SILENCE opposing and sensible statements with your dumb tags like "rapist apologist", "sexist" and "misogynist". I expect more of those lame tags.

She needs to worry about imbecilic men-hating feminists.
inscrutable
ɪnˈskruːtəb(ə)l/Submit
adjective
impossible to understand or interpret.

Can you:
1) Stop using long words you don't understand
2) Stop talking about a subject matter which you don't understand

OP, don't listen to this guy and go and seek legal advice. Only that can give you a clear answer. There are some good accounts of the law as it currently stands and to my law student eye there is potentially a case but go and talk to a real expert.
LutherVan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eskimo_rising)
Ched Evans, you mean the rapist or was found guilty of rape in a court of law? It's not the potential victims place to be weighing up evidence and making a decision in this kind of ambiguous situation, it is the Polices job to weigh up the evidence.

With the recent change in law, whether we agree with it or not, this guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. At the very least given the basic facts it should now be a Police matter given. The new laws are very clear what you think about them is irrelevant.
As if innocent people have never been found guilty in a court of law.:rolleyes:

The new laws might be clear but they are stupid.

What I think is relevant because many are thinking the same on similar issues, hence why they are moving towards UKIP to get rid of the fools that make such laws.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey everyone,

This is a very sensitive issue and the conversation seems to have now moved away from offering and advice and support to the OP, so I'm going to close this thread now.

If you'd like to continue the discussion it's best to make a new thread.

Thanks,

Puddles
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
13.33%
They might tell the bully (2)
13.33%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
20%
It might lead to more bullying (4)
26.67%
There's nothing they could do (4)
26.67%

Watched Threads

Latest