The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
I especially loved the question on fracking whilst Natalie was talking about the disappearance of vertebrate species.
Lol, I don't think she was at all convincing. To be completely honest, the Green Party campaign has been nauseating.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
YouGov:

Sturgeon: 28%
Farage: 20%
Cameron: 18%
Miliband: 15%
Clegg: 10%
Bennett: 5%
Wood: 4%
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Comres:

Cameron: (what's nine plus ten?)
Miliband: ditto
Cleggy: 9%
Farage: same as Cameron
Bennett: 5%
Sturgeon: 20%
Wood: 2%

ICM:

Miliband: 25%
Cameron: 24%
Farage: 19%
Sturgeon: 17%
Clegg: 9%
Bennett: 3%
Wood: 2%
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Everyone's agreed that Bennett and Wood are useless then. That's good.
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Average results of all three polls:

Sturgeon: 21.67%
Cameron: 21%
Miliband: 20.33%
Clegg: 9.33%
Bennett: 4.33%
Wood: 2.67%
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
Everyone's agreed that Bennett and Wood are useless then. That's good.
Farrage blaming HIV sufferers for NHS issues was awful...
but I think Bennett did much better then expected, just a lot of people are pre-bias against her due to all the media.

having see this I think sturgeon suprised everyone but a SNP, green, labour (maybe plaid) coalition in May is what I desire.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Talk about close.

An election for an executive president would be really interesting.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
having see this I think sturgeon suprised everyone but a SNP, green, labour (maybe plaid) coalition in May is what I desire.
Sturgeon is a much more inclusive SNP leader than Alex Salmond was.

Do you honestly think the Greens will gain seats though?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Shouldn't you weight them all? If one was from 1000 and another from 10,000 people...
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
Talk about close.

An election for an executive president would be really interesting.
It's about the right result for me. Tories will be happy that Cameron is rated the most capable of leading the country and has the best ideas for Britain's future according to the ComRes poll.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
Sturgeon is a much more inclusive SNP leader than Alex Salmond was.

Do you honestly think the Greens will gain seats though?
Aye.

i think they might gain Bristol South I think it was, and posibally a few in wales where plaid split the labour vote. I think there's the possibility of a London seat somewhere too so maybe 10 but at least they should have 5 after may. SNP are gonna dominate Scotland though...
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Aye.

i think they might gain Bristol South I think it was, and posibally a few in wales where plaid split the labour vote. I think there's the possibility of a London seat somewhere too so maybe 10 but at least they should have 5 after may. SNP are gonna dominate Scotland though...
Norwich south is their other target seat
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Shouldn't you weight them all? If one was from 1000 and another from 10,000 people...
Not really. These aren't usually raw figures, they're already weighted based on a number of things.

(Original post by Aph)
Aye.

The Greens will not win a seat in Wales.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DaveSmith99)
Norwich south is their other target seat
I remember green marches thought the streets of Bristol...
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A lot of pre bias in some of the commentary. I think Sturgeon did the best with Bennett close behind. Farage and Clegg were pretty good, Miliband and Cameron were just typical and average, and Wood...well, do I even need to mention Wood?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Fair enough, though ComRes haven't published the number of surveyed adults yet. With almost four times the number of respondents in the ICM poll than that of Yougov, a weighted average would currently increase the result for Labour and Farage whilst the result for the Greens and Plaid Cymru is even worse.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I remember green marches thought the streets of Bristol...
Yeah they are targeting Brighton, Bristol West (I think) and Norwich South as their three main seats. They should hold Brighton, maybe take Bristol if they have a really, really good night but unlikely to get anywhere in Norwich.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DaveSmith99)
Yeah they are targeting Brighton, Bristol West (I think) and Norwich South as their three main seats. They should hold Brighton, maybe take Bristol if they have a really, really good night but unlikely to get anywhere in Norwich.
I think the student vote will carry them thought in Bristol, but I don't know much about Norwich. Although I was told by a fellow green that they were doing well in bath or near there (not where mogg stands)
Fair enough, though ComRes haven't published the number of surveyed adults yet. With almost four times the number of respondents in the ICM poll than that of Yougov, a weighted average would currently increase the result for Labour and Farage whilst the result for the Greens and Plaid Cymru is even worse.
Again I would suggest that it would also be worth looking at peoples pre-dispositions, having said that sturgeon did clearly win that debate.
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Again I would suggest that it would also be worth looking at peoples pre-dispositions, having said that sturgeon did clearly win that debate.
What? I'm not trying to perform any significant statistical analysis of the debate here. It's only meant to be a simple snapshot.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it time to have the debate over whether we should have a debate before our election?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads