Turn on thread page Beta

Having lots of "culture minority" MPs is NOT good watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    If you make the claim, then you provide the evidence. Simples.
    He won't be able to. He is trolling, just ignore him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subject1)
    He won't be able to. He is trolling, just ignore him.
    See, I don't think he actually is. These are his actual views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Firstly, it depends on the phrase "ethnic minority". However, the point I am trying to make is that, considering how members of a certain culture **cough cough** don't exactly have a good record of integrating/adapting to the host culture, is it really smart if our Parliament is made up of people from different cultures? I would quite like Britain to retain its British culture. Thats very unlikely to happen if 400 MPs in Parliament do not embrace British culture.....

NB: Its not "waycist" to want your country to preserve its identity/culture.....
    do you support UKIP??

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is the British culture? Are your referring to the races of the ethnic minorities or their ideals? What then happens to and "actual full on" Brit who takes on the ideals of the ethnic minority and wants to be in a position of leadership or vice versa? Once again is it about the colour or the ideals?

In my opinion, Britain has always been ambitious and curious which is why it is one of the richest and successful countries in the world. It has always embraced other cultures for whatever reasons be it the curiosity or the ambition. This has led to changes within the society, the constitution, it has affected the norms. Those of ethnic minorities can now become citizens who can be voted for. To suggest that the the representation of ethnic minorities in the parliament has a negative impact on the continuity of your culture is your right and I can understand. However, it should also be noted the very first set of action carried out the by forefathers of Britain to "invite" cultures from all over (be it due to curiosity or ambition) is what affected your culture. Thus integration began. Although your intentions might differ (as clearly stated) I find your statement to be racist and pro-segregation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farah_786)
    do you support UKIP??
    From the rest of his comments in this thread he probably supports BNP, Britain First, or the National Front.

ReputationRep:
    You don't see the advantages of multiculturalism because you are a racist. No one actually cares what you say so why don't you shut up.

Most people in Britain are tolerant and does not think that someone's colour of skin would mean that they should be treated differently.

So why don't you stop trolling because no matter what you say no one is going to vote for the bnp and national front like you do. No matter what you say the 'immigrants' will come and stay. No matter what you say your narrow minded views will not be shared.

Don't reply.
    Sorry but I do think I should reply to this.

First of all it always amuses me when someone on a forum tells me that no one cares what I think.

For two reasons: 1) Because the very act of telling me that no one cares what I think implies that at least one person does care what I think.

Trust me,by far the best way to let someone know you don't care what they think is to just ignore them.

2) I have always assumed that indeed no one cares what I think. I can't think of a single reason why anyone should give a damn what I think about anything.After all I'm a nobody.

However I write for my own benefit. As long as what I write is not hurtful to anyone and doesn't break forum rules I will continue to do so I'm afraid. Ok?

But it seems that somehow I've upset you . And I have to confess I havnt the faintest idea how I've managed that.

So I'm going to go by your accusations.

You say I vote for the BNP and accuse me of being a racist!!

I am happy to point out that I'm not a racist and I've just made it clear on this forum that I'm about to join the Lib Dem party!

As for the implication that I am anti- immigrant I can assure you that on this forum I have made it quite clear many times that in fact I'm one of the increasingly fewer people ( it seems) that has no problem at all with immigration.

It's really interesting to me to see how even a university student ( if that's what you are) can manage to so comprehensively misunderstand someone from perfectly innocent comments.

No wonder there is so much conflict in the world.

ReputationRep:
    All it takes is a handful of high net-contributers and they could offset MANY net-leechers......

There aren't 7.5 million immigrants here.... its about 1.5-2 million.
    In 2011, there were 7.5 million foreign-born residents in the UK, corresponding to 11.9 per cent of the total population. A 2010 estimate shows that 4.76 million (7.7 per cent) were born outside the EU and 2.24 million (3.6 per cent) were born in another EU member state.

<https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=number+of+immigrants+in +uk&oq=number+&aqs=chrome.2.69i5 7j69i65j69i59.2567j0j7&sourceid= chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Sorry but I do think I should reply to this.

First of all it always amuses me when someone on a forum tells me that no one cares what I think.

For two reasons: 1) Because the very act of telling me that no one cares what I think implies that at least one person does care what I think.

Trust me,by far the best way to let someone know you don't care what they think is to just ignore them.

2) I have always assumed that indeed no one cares what I think. I can't think of a single reason why anyone should give a damn what I think about anything.After all I'm a nobody.

However I write for my own benefit. As long as what I write is not hurtful to anyone and doesn't break forum rules I will continue to do so I'm afraid. Ok?

But it seems that somehow I've upset you . And I have to confess I havnt the faintest idea how I've managed that.

So I'm going to go by your accusations.

You say I vote for the BNP and accuse me of being a racist!!

I am happy to point out that I'm not a racist and I've just made it clear on this forum that I'm about to join the Lib Dem party!

As for the implication that I am anti- immigrant I can assure you that on this forum I have made it quite clear many times that in fact I'm one of the increasingly fewer people ( it seems) that has no problem at all with immigration.

It's really interesting to me to see how even a university student ( if that's what you are) can manage to so comprehensively misunderstand someone from perfectly innocent comments.

No wonder there is so much conflict in the world.
    I do apologise, that post was directed at billydisco, I typed that on my phone so I probably pressed the wrong reply button.

ReputationRep:
    I do apologise, that post was directed at billydisco, I typed that on my phone so I probably pressed the wrong reply button.
    How disappointing

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, it depends on the phrase "ethnic minority". However, the point I am trying to make is that, considering how members of a certain culture **cough cough** don't exactly have a good record of integrating/adapting to the host culture, is it really smart if our Parliament is made up of people from different cultures? I would quite like Britain to retain its British culture. Thats very unlikely to happen if 400 MPs in Parliament do not embrace British culture.....

NB: Its not "waycist" to want your country to preserve its identity/culture.....
    Not trying to b waycist but I want pm to be from ethnic minorities. Its about getting feeling of bring equal if u knwo wat I mean!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    and I will ask you again, with the high number of British applicants for medical school, why do we need doctors from Pakistan?

Is it fine for native people to be outnumbered in their own capital city?
    i live in London and have always done and natives are not outnumbered here please take your bigoted views elsewhere. When i was growing up here, the BNP was quite big in my local area. the leader of the BNP before nick griffin stood of election here. the ethnic minorities here used to have windows smashed, racist graffiti.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daindian)
    i live in London and have always done and natives are not outnumbered here please take your bigoted views elsewhere. When i was growing up here, the BNP was quite big in my local area. the leader of the BNP before nick griffin stood of election here. the ethnic minorities here used to have windows smashed, racist graffiti.
    The 2011 census states that 44.9% of London is white British. That's outnumbered in most peoples books.

Two thirds of newborns in London have at least one foreign parent.

ReputationRep:
    This is the exact issue with UKIP. Even though they might not be "racist" officially, they make racists feel empowered that they can do what they want. I watched a documentary which showed how racism and social tensions have increased in South Thanet when Nigel Farage decided to stand as MP there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    The 2011 census states that 44.9% of London is white British. That's outnumbered in most peoples books.

If you think that is a problem because of the colour of their skin, you are racist.

ReputationRep:
    If you think that is a problem because of the colour of their skin, you are racist.
    I would rather be called a "racist" by the political correctness Stasi than be made a minority in my homeland.

ReputationRep:

61% were born in the uk. Also 57% of London is white of any kind
    This is the exact issue with UKIP. Even though they might not be "racist" officially, they make racists feel empowered that they can do what they want. I watched a documentary which showed how racism and social tensions have increased when Nigel Farage decided to stand as MP there.
    exacty. Last year I had the unfortunate privledge to be stuck in the middle of an EDL rally in leicester square central london it was scary and quite the eye opener

ReputationRep:
    I would rather be called a "racist" by the political correctness Stasi than be made a minority in my homeland.
    Not politically correct, it just matches the dictionary definition of racism.

"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

You feel that somehow ethnic minorities are not as good as you and they all don't belong to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Nice little break down for the bigots in this thread.
    op 10 ethnic groups

London, 2011, All usual residents

Rank Ethnic group Thousands Per cent
    1 White: English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish/British 3,669 44.9
    2 White: Other White 1,034 12.6
    3 Black/African/Caribbean/Black British: African 574 7.0
    4 Asian/Asian British: Indian 543 6.6
    5 Asian/Asian British: Other Asian 399 4.9
    6 Black/African/Caribbean/Black British: Caribbean 345 4.2
    7 Asian/Asian British: Pakistani 224 2.7
    8 Asian/Asian British: Bangladeshi 222 2.7
    9 White: Irish 176 2.2
    10 Other ethnic group: Any other ethnic group 175 2.1
    Total population 8,174
    Table source: Office for National Statistics

ReputationRep:
    61% were born in the uk. Also 57% of London is white of any kind
    Do you suddenly find it unacceptable at 45%? 35%? 5%? Why this focus on the numbers (which is akin to denial)?

exacty. Last year I had the unfortunate privledge to be stuck in the middle of an EDL rally in leicester square central london it was scary and quite the eye opener
    Fascinating. I myself have attended UKIP meetings which were picketed by so-called "anti-racists" and "anti-fascists". Their behaviour was vile.

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as a "homeland". There is no thing called a "white country". The white Anglo-Saxons just moved to an island away from the Continent which people have decided to call "Europe". This is like saying white people in America are not "Americans" because they aren't as you would call "native".

That is the major flaw in the argument of racists.

If you are born here you are British, and that is not up for debate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.