Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohan taneja)
    The exchange rate question I had no idea what to write because I ran out of time because i left the question till the end but i got the one mark and second mark for the right box and definiton of exchange rate
    I think it was that people from the UK are likely to go to India as they get more rupees for their £. I went on to say why the other answers were incorrect e.g. more Indian people coming to the UK was not the answer as they would have to pay more of their own money for £

ReputationRep:
    "what is the most likely cause for this?" Straight after stating the difference in 31% of sales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatthewPaulW)
    I was unsure on this question.

I went for the consumer wants answer as the question doesn't ask for why there is a difference in the UK and International market it just asks why the sales increased.
    Fairly sure that UK unemployment wouldn't lead to such an increase in sales as cath kidson products are handbags and designer goods right?

Do think the question could have been worded slightly different as you could interpret it in a couple of ways.
    ye exactly i can completely see how it can be interpreted both ways

ReputationRep:
    Also Q3 is not retained profit it is human resources because in a business plan the person already states what finance they use...?
    Swear it was human resource plan which would make retained profits right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex.crichton)
    About question 8, it clearly is CUSTOMER WANTS WERE MET. There's no way unemployment can increase sales unless they give you some more evidence about it.
    AGREED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieMarsh)
    Look the question didnt once mention about luxury goods at all, you don't need any background information at all so you can forget about what cath kidson actually is. The only thing you needed to know was the difference between the two growth of sales. Now, as you say meeting the consumers wants, would increase both sales, but it wouldn't separate the margin by 30%. The only possible explanation for this is unemployment rate increasing in UK, which limits the growth, which we see as the growth rate decreases compared to the international rate.
    100%agree that was my logic if you look at the question it explicitly said UK and International for a reason

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    About question 8, it clearly is CUSTOMER WANTS WERE MET. There's no way unemployment can increase sales unless they give you some more evidence about it.
    please google your statement. completely false. Supermarkets like Aldi and Lidle have done so well with an increase in unemployment. Please do seem research before you put across your opinion

ReputationRep:
    Thank you . Can you remember the question roughly?

ReputationRep:
    So Looking at last year grade boundaries an A was 48; B was 43 and C was 38

I reckon this year 43 or 44 would be an A; B would be 35 and c would be 32 what do you guys think...?

Also each one of you on this forum how many mark do you have dropped?

ReputationRep:
    This is what I thought.

I can't remember how the question was worded but if it said why is there a difference in UK sales increase of 20% vs 50% Internationally, you could have said UK unemployment increase has lead to less sales as there is a difference of 30% in sales VS internationally, BUT it asks why there was an increase in sales volume in both UK and Internationally right? So it has to be customer wants met!

ReputationRep:
    please google your statement. completely false. Supermarkets like Aldi and Lidle have done so well with an increase in unemployment. Please do seem research before you put across your opinion
    Yes Aldi and Lidl have done well with a drop in unemployment, but that is groceries, the question was about designer goods from Cath Kidson which would be different results completely?

Not too sure on this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sosa)
    Swear it was human resource plan which would make retained profits right

Posted from TSR Mobile
    His business is a start up so they have no retained profits to write about in their business plan!

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the question 'why did the pound appreciate' for the india one?
    Or did I read it wrong?
    Because then I thought the awnser must be more Indians visiting the UK because they are injecting their money into our economy by spending in our shops and changing the currency to ours and hence making te pound stronger ...
    If not can someone explain what the q actually was asking?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizzydag)
    His business is a start up so they have no retained profits to write about in their business plan!
    Klkl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes but aldi did well because it is an inferior good while the good it was talking about is expensive so its not the same scenario

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizzydag)

Yeah so which one did you put that for q3...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randomer98)
    Wasn't the question 'why did the pound appreciate' for the india one?
    Or did I read it wrong?
    Because then I thought the awnser must be more Indians visiting the UK because they are injecting their money into our economy by spending in our shops and changing the currency to ours and hence making te pound stronger ...
    If not can someone explain what the q actually was asking?
    Thanks
    The question stated that the pound had become stronger so that £1 that originally bought a UK resident 60 rupees when converted has increased so that £1 now purchases 80 rupees. Thus meaning that a UK resident can get more rupees for their money and are more likely to go to India as they receive a higher rupee amount than in the past

ReputationRep:
    With regards to this question on Cath Kidston, the answer was the fact that they have had increased sales revenue because they have met the wants of their customers. Unemployment would lead to a fall in sales because people have less disposable income and so would not be able to spend large sums on luxury items from Cath Kidston. These are luxury goods and their demand falls during a period of unemployment as incomes fall due to people being out of work.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so which one did you put that for q3...?
    The answer was retained profits.

The question asked which of the following was NOT in a business plan, which is retained profits. All of the other answers are included in the plan so not the correct answer as it asked for what isn't in a business plan

ReputationRep:
    Okay for all you ignorant people out their im going to explain once more and once only.

The question mentioned two very important facts, that sales INCREASED by 20% in the UK and 51% internationally. Now following this exact statement was the question "what is the likely cause of this"

please tell me how, "meeting consumer needs" will in any way create a 31% difference in growth? its not possible? and for all those that respond saying "the UK market is saturated" for a uk market to be saturated, growth is around 1.3% not 20%...

Therefore the only justifiable answer is unemployment rate increased in the UK, which would show a miniature lack of growth increase. Some might say "unemployment causes a decrease in sales" no this is wrong because Lidl and Aldi etc thrives from unemployment rate. Now other might say Cath is luxury goods, well it didn't once mention it in the question, and you also don't need any background information so you cannot interpret that.

Therefore the only viable answer is D.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.