The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Geography Unit 1 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HannahMFO
Ah yes now I realised I put 138 and 1912. Although I might have put 136 but I'm pretty sure I put those.

The examiner will probably accept a range such as 136-139 etc because it wasn't 100% clear :smile:
Original post by cherryblossoms
You shouldn't be, I re-sat unit 1 this year because last's year paper was horrible.
But UNIT 2 nearly all of us in our class got an A, it is easier. Also on 1 question I made all the data up and i got 9/10 :biggrin:

wow really? how did you structure your answer if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by jake4198
Unofficial grade boundaries

- Generally the exam was seen to be easier than previously years, namely 2014.
- Most people found the fair trade 5 marker, and the 4 marker on 'iHub' the most challenging in section A.
- Many people struggled to identify two natural causes of short term climate change.
- Question 7 was the most popular question in section B.
- Question 10 was the most avoided question in section B.

A - 67 (64-69)
B - 61 (57-62)
C - 56 (54-57)
D - 51 (48-52)
E - 47 (44-49)

Woah, these are so high
I checked my revision notes and the answers were Volcanic Eruptions and something to do with Solar Output and how the Earth orbits the sun???

Meteor impacts could also be one :smile:
I found the exam average. I would expect the boundaries to be higher than last year but not massively. I also answered question 10 from part B

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it will definitely matter because the question specifically asked for the impact on host countries.

I named the UK hosting Polish/EU migrants and I also named Spain hosting UK pensioners who have migrated.

That's exactly what I did :smile:
what did you put for the population graph? i said increased for both?
Original post by grammar12
I just found a really helpful revision guide on my computer for the unit 2 (GEO2) exam on Friday (I got a high A in it last year) with case studies and general info, also some examiners tips etc. If anybody wants it, drop me a message and Ill send it to you
could you please send me the unit 2 revision notes? Thank youuuu :smile:))))
Original post by MimiRuby
could you please send me the unit 2 revision notes? Thank youuuu :smile:))))

PM me your email please
thanks
Reply 269
Original post by kaaatiiie
Yeah i put floods and landslides too!

I wrote floods and storms does this count and get me 2 marks
Original post by nozzer800
what did you put for the population graph? i said increased for both?
That is what I put, as the example in the middle said 'decreased' and didn't reference figures so should be enough, definately
Reply 271
also i did talk about the milankovitch cycle such as the 41,00 year cycle of the tilt would this get me 2 marks if explained properly for short term cc
What did everybody put for the effects of 'locally purchased products' on African farmers??
Original post by cherryblossoms
You shouldn't be, I re-sat unit 1 this year because last's year paper was horrible.
But UNIT 2 nearly all of us in our class got an A, it is easier. Also on 1 question I made all the data up and i got 9/10 :biggrin:

Wow well done! Im really bad at coasts though I don't understand the questions half the time.

Do you have any tips?

Also the answer for the short term thing was volcanic activity and sunspots. I made a bunch of notes off of mark schemes and I remember for sunspots they wrote that it is an 11 year cycle linked to short term climate change - edexcels words.
Reply 274
Original post by kinkiro
I didn't think it had anything to do with the tipping point as it said human activities and how it contibuted to the enhanced greenhouse effect. so enviromental degradation less carbon sinks, more demand for transport meaning more fossil feuls burned, and more up and coming NIC which means more industry so more fossil feuls burned and so2 causes degradation. I think thats it IDK:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I wrote the exact same thing really, I ignored positive feedback and tipping point cause I presumed human meant they wanted nothing natural:| hoping that was what they wanted!
For short term causes of climate change you could have chosen between 3 options; Volvanic activity/eruptions , sunspots, or meteor/asteroid impact
Reply 276
Original post by jake4198
Unofficial grade boundaries

- Generally the exam was seen to be easier than previously years, namely 2014.
- Most people found the fair trade 5 marker, and the 4 marker on 'iHub' the most challenging in section A.
- Many people struggled to identify two natural causes of short term climate change.
- Question 7 was the most popular question in section B.
- Question 10 was the most avoided question in section B.

A - 67 (64-69)
B - 61 (57-62)
C - 56 (54-57)
D - 51 (48-52)
E - 47 (44-49)

**** hope they're lower than tha...they seem really high compared to like the 60ish marks for an a in other years :'(
Original post by MimiRuby
What did everybody put for the effects of 'locally purchased products' on African farmers??

Completely bull****ted that one, put something like the locals may be too poor to buy the products + they rely heavily on exports and something else but I'm trying to forget it hahaha
Original post by Manexopi
Wow well done! Im really bad at coasts though I don't understand the questions half the time.

Do you have any tips?

Also the answer for the short term thing was volcanic activity and sunspots. I made a bunch of notes off of mark schemes and I remember for sunspots they wrote that it is an 11 year cycle linked to short term climate change - edexcels words.

Yey as that's what I wrote :smile:
A little late but what did u guys say for population question about why the certain age group populations increased?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending