The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology - Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by torilee
Damn, I definitely went wrong then - I wrote about how the lowland soils had more nutrients than the upland soils. So far I'm the only one who wrote anything like that :eek:

No I've seen loads of people talking about mineral ions, i just tried to come up with something logical cos I had no idea:smile:
Original post by torilee
Was I the only one who didn't know that hormones could be denatured? That was the hardest question on the exam for me...I guessed something to do with it being denatured, but it was a total guess

now you say it im not so sure either lol
but the examiner was like "dumb unscientific christian catholic Jew says hormones bad- a true scientist about to rescue the earth says no" so i guessed you have to make "scientific" remarks to impress the examiner
Reply 262
On the X axis I wrote years.

I didnt write every single year. Just every single set of values. Eg. 1969-73 etc.

Then on the Y axis I wrote number of heart attacks etc and I went up in 10s.

What do you think?
I wrote the same. Already has potassium (or w/e mineral) in it as opposed to the other rice
Original post by maya_vv
No I've seen loads of people talking about mineral ions, i just tried to come up with something logical cos I had no idea:smile:

Okay that's kinda relieving, thanks! It wasn't that many marks anyway, so it shouldn't be too bad
Original post by yupppp89
wait so can hormones denature???

Yes, I didn't know that until the question mentioned that the growth hormone is a protein (which can denature like enzymes)
Original post by Deano1

I didnt write every single year. Just every single set of values. Eg. 1969-73 etc.

What do you think?

That's exactly what I did, so here's hoping we're right!
Original post by aacargo
Yes, I didn't know that until the question mentioned that the growth hormone is a protein (which can denature like enzymes)

oh so they can- thats a relief

it said "suggest" which has to have multiple answers
Original post by Deano1

What do you think?

I did this too. Took me a few minutes of staring at the page to finally figure out how to do it but this seemed like the only correct method to me.
Reply 269
Original post by torilee
That's exactly what I did, so here's hoping we're right!

Original post by Ambrosia_angel
I did this too. Took me a few minutes of staring at the page to finally figure out how to do it but this seemed like the only correct method to me.

But I didn't do a bar graph!! Fmllll
Original post by Ambrosia_angel

I took so much time trying to figure out an appropriate scale before I realised that method but midway through doing it the exam had finished :frown:
Original post by Deano1

You will get some marks for that, I'm sure. It's okay, this is just your post-exam brain stressing out :wink:
Reply 272
Original post by torilee
You will get some marks for that, I'm sure. It's okay, this is just your post-exam brain stressing out :wink:

Thanks so much...
I needed that....

I need to CRUSH chemistry now to average out. How hard is it to get 90/120 if I'm usually an A/B borderline chemistry pupil
you get three marks for doing the wrong graph (previous exam mark scheme)Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 19.11.29.png
Original post by Deano1
guys do you know how much marks those questions carried of oviduct(the cutting ones)and the cutting of sperm duct one?Please tell me the marks and answers and the genetic ones too like the phenotype and all
Original post by Deano1
Thanks so much...
I needed that....

I need to CRUSH chemistry now to average out. How hard is it to get 90/120 if I'm usually an A/B borderline chemistry pupil

That definitely sounds achievable, just revise as best you can - I've been the idiot who didn't bother revising for biology until TODAY, no joke - and I reckon you'll be able to get 90/120, no problem.
Reply 276
Original post by maya_vv
you get three marks for doing the wrong graph (previous exam mark scheme)Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 19.11.29.png

Cheers...
Tbf it was 6 marks tho
-For the ' Name a system that isn't on here'
i put the blood circulatory system, because it had no blood vessels, is that correct?
I think that's a different paper, the edexcel individual sciences didn't have anything about dogs, but about Hungtindon's disease and cystic fibrosis
Reply 279
Original post by torilee
That definitely sounds achievable, just revise as best you can - I've been the idiot who didn't bother revising for biology until TODAY, no joke - and I reckon you'll be able to get 90/120, no problem.

=) Thank you!! We've got this...

Do you go to a private school as most private do IGCSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending