Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science_geeks)
    thats exactly how I started off! But the mark scheme says the answer is 86400? I have no idea how they go that'!
    Could you link us to the question? There's probably two cells or something.

ReputationRep:
    Praying that the P3 6 marker is instructions for finding the centre of mass of an object

ReputationRep:
    Guys can someone explaining earthing to me really quickly. Does it work like so: So let's say the metal casing is live and someone touches it. The current instead of going through that person is diverted through the earth wire into the earth. At which part does the fuse blow? and like does it go through the fuse before reaching the earth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    RCCB's detect a difference in current between the live wire and neutral wire and this trips a switch to break the circuit and turn the current off. This happens quickly.

When the current gets to high, the fuse will melt and break the circuit and turn the current off. This is much slower and fuses can't be reset.
    Very helpful, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vagner.DSC)
    I'm not very good at physics so I won't explain to you but these three videos should solve some of your questions. Well, i hope

http://freesciencelessons.co.uk/aqa/...-a-3-pin-plug/

http://freesciencelessons.co.uk/aqa/...ses-and-earth/

http://freesciencelessons.co.uk/aqa/...ses-and-earth/
    Thank you!! this is so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone I've come across 2 questions now that have asked for the similarities between an eye and a camera?!?! Can someone please outline the features/functions of a camera and how they link to eye. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to learn the majority of P2 the night before the exam?😅 what main topics should i be looking at?

ReputationRep:
    is there any good video tutorials on physics 2 and 3? youtube channels or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomlfc)
    is there any good video tutorials on physics 2 and 3? youtube channels or anything?
    Use MyGCSEscience, you probably have enough time to read over the whole of P2 twice😅

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what they think will come up in p2 and p3? (Sorry if it's already been said but 14 pages to read through is v long haha)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Please can someone explain how a camera produces an image that is real, inverted and diminished?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Assuming that this is what I did get (not for sure)
    ISA - 42/50
    Biology - 44/60
    Chemistry - 47/60
    ..and the A* grade boundary was 45 tomorrow (P2), what do you think I'd need in physics for an A* overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardevs)
    Is it possible to learn the majority of P2 the night before the exam?😅 what main topics should i be looking at?
    Focus more on the "wordy" topics as your given the equations so you just need to plug the numbers into the formula which you should be able to do anyway!

Emphasise topics like mains electricity, radiation, nuclear fusion and fission, life cycle of stars and static electricity. Etc

I can give you a hand with some topics if it helps, it's helps me aswell!

ReputationRep:
    What is everyone predicting in this exam? I really need a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly2789)
    Hello everyone I've come across 2 questions now that have asked for the similarities between an eye and a camera?!?! Can someone please outline the features/functions of a camera and how they link to eye. Thanks in advance
    hi, are these questions on a P2 exam???
    I've seen several people talking about lenses but both my textbook and teacher haven't mentioned anything about it and I'm in a bit of a panic!!

ReputationRep:
    p2 6marker predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrissies)
    I've seen several people talking about lenses but both my textbook and teacher haven't mentioned anything about it and I'm in a bit of a panic!!
    No, this is P3, you can relax now

ReputationRep:
    P3 bro

ReputationRep:
    Sorry If i made you panic! I should have mentioned its on P3 exam

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys!!!
    I was just about to accept my fate of failure haha

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.