Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd putthis question on again last minute seen as a lot think ot might come up.
    How far do you agree that the clash between essentially rural and urban cultures was the fundamental cause of division and social conflict in the USA in the years 1919-29?
    How would you.structure that?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys!!!!!!! We can do this

ReputationRep:
    Finished this exam an hour ago
    Okayyy so i did first part of A and second part of B
    For part A about the social question i included KKK/immigration/Monkey Trial/Women and how all these created tension and i talked about Red Scare+McCarthy and when i came to political i thought it would be worth mentioning prohibition
    For Part B second question it was later new deals i sort of i agreed that social reforms helped each part to society and i talked of different sources and put quotes. I mainly talked about farmers /AAA/ second AAA and afro americans i mentions CCC/ TVA and the work opportunities and i said at the end that despite that some sectors of social class were in more advantage and better off on a general level everyone was entitled to relief. I talked along these lines.
    I am very worried i dont know if what i wrote is relevant i am kind of freaked out,having bas panic attacks. Please tell me if what i wrote is right or wrong i just want a second opinion i am the only person i my school doing A2 history so i have noone to compare to.
    Thankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very good questions in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Yas! Thought the paper was really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilohrisl)
    Finished this exam an hour ago
    Okayyy so i did first part of A and second part of B
    For part A about the social question i included KKK/immigration/Monkey Trial/Women and how all these created tension and i talked about Red Scare+McCarthy and when i came to political i thought it would be worth mentioning prohibition
    For Part B second question it was later new deals i sort of i agreed that social reforms helped each part to society and i talked of different sources and put quotes. I mainly talked about farmers /AAA/ second AAA and afro americans i mentions CCC/ TVA and the work opportunities and i said at the end that despite that some sectors of social class were in more advantage and better off on a general level everyone was entitled to relief. I talked along these lines.
    I am very worried i dont know if what i wrote is relevant i am kind of freaked out,having bas panic attacks. Please tell me if what i wrote is right or wrong i just want a second opinion i am the only person i my school doing A2 history so i have noone to compare to.
    Thankyou
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it all sounds good and relevant to the questions, well done!However, for section A you mentioned McCarthy but the years were just 1919-1929, and McCarthyism was the second red scare from 1950-54

ReputationRep:
    How did we all find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky___)
    I think it all sounds good and relevant to the questions, well done!However, for section A you mentioned McCarthy but the years were just 1919-1929, and McCarthyism was the second red scare from 1950-54
    See i was confused about that but according because i was referring to events in 20s. I messed up MacArthur with Mitchell Palmer. I am an idiot.i am such an idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilohrisl)
    See i was confused about that but according because i was referring to events in 20s. I messed up MacArthur with Mitchell Palmer. I am an idiot.i am such an idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry about it too much! As long as you wrote enough about the other things then it shouldn't affect your grade as much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Overall I thought it was a good paper, I done the social and political tensions for part A which I thought was such a vague question but oh well!

For political I done the red scare/immigration with the legislation that went with it eg sedition and espionage act, immigration laws and as well Palmer raids
    For social I done the tensions that divide rural and urban America eg culture, religious fundamentalism, and prohibition

Part B was lovely I thought for both questions but I done the new deal question because the sources were better but overall happy with the paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also chose the question on social/political tensions, im scared because I missed out women completely! But wrote about rural vs urban, scopes trial, sacco and vansetti case, immigration and kkk in depth so I'm hoping it doesn't matter too much! Also rushed for time really badly in the Section B (i picked the depression question) hoping I did alright.
    Really hoped for WW1 to come up gutted it didn't!

ReputationRep:
    I thought Part B was awful - I don't understand why they asked about the main cause of the Depression then the sources blamed it entirely on Hoover's policies AFTER it had already hit??? I've spoke to my teacher and she said you could talk about the 1920s and 1930s, which most questions haven't normally done.

Very weird question - just hope I've done okay!

Really enjoyed the political/social tensions question. I talked about KKK, Immigration/Red Scare/Sacco and Vanzetti and finally Women.

I did intend to mention Prohibition and the Scope's Monkey Trial but I ran out of time and had to write a conclusion so only ended up doing three paragraphs.

I'm not sure how I feel really

ReputationRep:
    sat this paper today, did the first question for part A on social and political tensions and the Depression controversy in part B!

For part A i said about rural vs urban america and the tensions/Monkey Trial/prohibiton/KKK/immigration and Sacco and Vanzetti case and also a bit on women as well

Section B I thought was okay but had to rush it and could have written so much more with more time:/

Hopefully it will be okay, didn't find it a disastrous paper anyway so I guess that's good.

How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiemont)
    I also chose the question on social/political tensions, im scared because I missed out women completely! But wrote about rural vs urban, scopes trial, sacco and vansetti case, immigration and kkk in depth so I'm hoping it doesn't matter too much! Also rushed for time really badly in the Section B (i picked the depression question) hoping I did alright.
    Really hoped for WW1 to come up gutted it didn't!
    this is exactly what happened to me! I wrote similar things for part A and also had to really rush the Depression question.. hopefully we'll have done fine!

ReputationRep:
    I did the social and political tensions question and my paragraphs were: immigration, prohibition, Monkey trial, KKK, and laissez faire. I wrote about laissez faire as it created political tensions within the Republican party in terms of agriculture policies as well as increasing the divide between rural and urban. I also wrote about women within my prohibition paragraph. The only thing I didn't mention was Sacco and Vanzetti but not sure if that will affect my mark as I wrote about other things instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by florencegarnham)
    I did the social and political tensions question and my paragraphs were: immigration, prohibition, Monkey trial, KKK, and laissez faire. I wrote about laissez faire as it created political tensions within the Republican party in terms of agriculture policies as well as increasing the divide between rural and urban. I also wrote about women within my prohibition paragraph. The only thing I didn't mention was Sacco and Vanzetti but not sure if that will affect my mark as I wrote about other things instead?
    Examiners don't mark for what isn't there, you can't be given a lower grade for leaving something out if everything else is valid, which it appears to be in your little summary. At least that's what my teachers tell me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Answered this question today and was the luckiest person alive,

-I answered the social tensions question for part A and included Immigration Laws/KKK/Prohibition/Also spoke about Crime and Gangsterism and how leaders such as Al Capone had influence on politicians to turn a blind eye, and in the KKK they had influence in the same way but for southern politicians. I countered it with the social position of Women and how the prohibition which they saw as a tool of male oppression gave women a new found independence (and then talked about Women's suffrage which I believe was 1920 and in the time period) and I also spoke how Picture Palace's gave new leisure activities such as speakeasies and new technologies gave people a purpose and an income, there was tension but they didn't necessarily suffer from it it spurred competition between families as to who could get the next radio or car etc etc but I don't know if I was chatting air or I was on task!

For Part B I did the depression questions but I thought the actual sources were so weird. It's my own fault as I struggled with the New Deal so didn't revise anything of it at all so I'm lucky in that sense, but the question seemed to point out international happenings but all the sources talked about Hoover's policies and how they were making it worse in the long run? So I got a bit muddled, I did disagree with the question in my final conclusion and used Hoover's RFC, Nature of American Business as my own knowledge paragraphs for the causes of New Deal, and of course spoke about Wall St. but I'm not upset - overall a good paper (I just hope what made sense in my head made sense on the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressedbrownboy)
    How much of a risk am I taking by just revising POLITICAL AND SOCIAL FOR part A ????

Anyone else risking it?
    Hahaha your risk paid off ! Jammy or what

ReputationRep:
    I answered the second question on Part A about the effects of WW2 and I added other factors like the baby boom, construction and home ownership and US trading position.
    I also did the New Deal for section B, there were parts where I thought i was drifting from the question and started talking about the successes of the New Deal but i think I managed to focus on the social groups by the end of it. My main focus was African Americans as thats what most of the source focused on, and I mentioned women, the elderly, unemployed, farmers and general workers. I generally found the paper a nice surprise, just got to wait for results now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeefoster)
    Answered this question today and was the luckiest person alive,

-I answered the social tensions question for part A and included Immigration Laws/KKK/Prohibition/Also spoke about Crime and Gangsterism and how leaders such as Al Capone had influence on politicians to turn a blind eye, and in the KKK they had influence in the same way but for southern politicians. I countered it with the social position of Women and how the prohibition which they saw as a tool of male oppression gave women a new found independence (and then talked about Women's suffrage which I believe was 1920 and in the time period) and I also spoke how Picture Palace's gave new leisure activities such as speakeasies and new technologies gave people a purpose and an income, there was tension but they didn't necessarily suffer from it it spurred competition between families as to who could get the next radio or car etc etc but I don't know if I was chatting air or I was on task!

For Part B I did the depression questions but I thought the actual sources were so weird. It's my own fault as I struggled with the New Deal so didn't revise anything of it at all so I'm lucky in that sense, but the question seemed to point out international happenings but all the sources talked about Hoover's policies and how they were making it worse in the long run? So I got a bit muddled, I did disagree with the question in my final conclusion and used Hoover's RFC, Nature of American Business as my own knowledge paragraphs for the causes of New Deal, and of course spoke about Wall St. but I'm not upset - overall a good paper (I just hope what made sense in my head made sense on the paper
    i thought the exact same about the Depression question!!! I didn't revise New Deal because i felt there was way too much I'd never remember it all so would mess up a Q on it and quite strong on Hoover. The sources were strange i just talked about all the other factors gov policies/banking/wall st crash etc etc and idk whether i misunderstood the international part but i wrote a little about international problems such as tariffs/trade wars, war reparations etc and concluded that although these were significant there were other factors which could be more significant for why the Depression hit America and remained

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.