Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    The lady doth protest too much methinks
    :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Lets be extra honest, its most defiantly both parties.
    Mostly one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    You aren't answering my question
    As I said, if you can't attack the arguments made, then don't try and resort to ad hominems or try and perceive, or attempt to slur the character of the participant of a debate.

You're not asking questions to further the debate and to develop your own understanding, but to simply record another confirmation bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    So now I am joking about people being killed? Are you schizophrenic?
    Well considering I am from there but you want me to "Go back" where it's most likely I will lose a limb, starve to death or get shot by snipers.
    I don't find it funny especially since my family know people who have died. Thankfully not anyone from our direct family as most of them found refuge in Lebanon with the rest of the family who live there.

I am just fed up of people getting involved in our business and being so out there about trying to force everyone to hate us.

Just get over it and let us live how we want to.

ReputationRep:
    http://lostislamichistory.com/5-musl...ged-the-world/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm16)
    As I said, if you can't attack the arguments made, then don't try and resort to ad hominems or try and perceive, or attempt to slur the character of the participant of a debate.

You're not asking questions to further the debate and to develop your own understanding, but to simply record another confirmation bias.
    I have responded tho, I don't care enough to make every disagreement I have into a debate. Usually when I mock said friend for believing horses can fly I'll tell him briefly that it isn't physically possible, but I'm obviously not going to lecture him on evolution, mutations and the laws of physics.

You don't need to answer my question btw, I can tell by the way you argue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    ....it won't be a god damn dictatorship it will be just people with same views who don't let their politics be side lined by religious interference.

Who says all politics can't survive without religion? Does left wing politics use religion as their basis?

No, religion should be separate from the state and I would go further to say religion should be excluded from the state.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By state, do you mean government, or the entire country as you implied earlier?

ReputationRep:
    I have responded tho, I don't care enough to make every disagreement I have into a debate. Usually when I mock said friend for believing horses can fly I'll tell him briefly that it isn't physically possible, but I'm obviously not going to lecture him on evolution, mutations and the laws of physics.

You don't need to answer my question btw, I can tell by the way you argue.
    Why mock when you can do as you suggested and simply briefly explain your point of view?

ReputationRep:
    Outlaw religion? How illiberal can you be?

You have a lot more in common with ISIS than you might think.

ReputationRep:
    Without religion/religious people, we wouldn't have so many of the luxuries we have today.
    You want to outlaw religion, but don't realise that some of the biggest humanitarian disasters in the world were committed by atheists/non-religious groups. E.g. Hiroshima, Nagasaki, WW1, WW2, the cold war, Hitler, Stalin etc. Crimes committed by religious groups are dwarfed in comparison to these.

ReputationRep:
    Why mock when you can do as you suggested and simply briefly explain your point of view?
    I've explained already, it discourages other stupid opinions in them and other people present. The psychology behind it is the same as when parents tell off their kids for doing something stupid, or you shout at someone annoying you. It's just extra reinforcement. That way they think before coming to such a stupid conclusion next time.

I really shouldn't have to explain basic social concepts to you ffs

ReputationRep:
    Your just a bitter atheist because religion is growing around the world.

If anything it's atheists who should be banned. They contribute to the decedance of society.

ReputationRep:
    I've explained already, it discourages other stupid opinions in them and other people present.
    But they might think such an opinion is valid because they may not be aware of a contrary opinion.

Belittling someone so that they are afraid of speaking out is the mark of an authoritarian regime. Is that what you want?

The psychology behind it is the same as when parents tell off their kids for doing something stupid,
    I'm sorry I can't relate. I wasn't subjected to verbal and virtolic abuse as a child.

or you shout at someone annoying you.
    I tend to avoid shouting matches, preferring civilized debates/discussion. Sometimes, it's incredibly infuriating but I have enough patience in me.

It's just extra reinforcement. That way they think before coming to such a stupid conclusion next time.
    Perhaps they've thought about it and to them, it makes sense.

I really shouldn't have to explain basic social concepts to you ffs
    No, you'd rather others just shut up and follow whatever it is you are trying to peddle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    So now I am joking about people being killed? Are you schizophrenic?
    Why are you back again? You cant be taken seriously since you're a deep heroin addict.

Comical you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    If only there was a country where religion was outlawed, I would move to this atheistic heaven on earth!

What do you think it would look like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That would mean outlawing Islam, so it's an Islamaphobic thing to say, and therefore racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Equality-)
    That would mean outlawing Islam, so it's an Islamaphobic thing to say, and therefore racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not this rubbish again. Islam isn't a race so criticising it or mocking it isn't racist :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Not this rubbish again. Islam isn't a race so criticising it or mocking it isn't racist :facepalm:
    There are forms or strands of Islamaphobia which are indeed racist.

For example, attacking a Sikh man because you perceive him to be a Muslim due to his attire.

Telling Muslims to go back to their country, implying that Muslims are a racial group originating from Arabia.

In fact, the only people who seem to bring out that line are the very same people who would probably use "I'm not a racist but..." or "I have Black friends so I can't possibly be racist" cards...

ReputationRep:
    There are forms or strands of Islamaphobia which are indeed racist.

For example, attacking a Sikh man because you perceive him to be a Muslim due to his attire.

Telling Muslims to go back to their country, implying that Muslims are a racial group originating from Arabia.

In fact, the only people who seem to bring out that line are the very same people who would probably use "I'm not a racist but..." or "I have Black friends so I can't possibly be racist" cards...
    No, what said poster said was that islamaphobia is racism when it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Try Sweden.

And honestly, this country is pretty much secular now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunken Bard)
    Try Sweden.

And honestly, this country is pretty much secular now anyway.
    There are plenty of muslims christians and orthodox jews in Sweden. Its not secular at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.