The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F585 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by starwarsjedi123
not too sure. it could very well be as portfolio investment is related to FINANCIAL assets. i believe bonds may come under that.

+debt investment
Original post by Lostrider
Extract 4 Predictions
There's really not many options for this extract, it's likely to be question 1 or 2 or 3

1) comment on the significance of remittances in reducing poverty and promoting economic development (10) (or it could be the same question but instead of comment on, it would be analyse for 6 marks)
2) comment on whether remittances are more significant than Official Direct Investment (foreign aid in other words) or FDI or Debt and Portfolio investment (definition: financial investment in shares, bonds and other financial securities in a foreign country) for developing countries in promoting development (10)
3) Distinguish between FDI and debt and portfolio investment (4)
4) Suggest why India was the largest recipient of remittances (4)
5) Suggest reasons why Tajikistan receives a higher percentage of GDP in the form of remittances than any other country (4)
6) Evaluate the consequences of emigration for developing countries (4 or 6)

Posted from TSR Mobile
do we need to know about the stages/effects of economic integration?
Original post by 24601jvj
do we need to know about the stages/effects of economic integration?

Yeah for extract one its do to with globakisatikn

Would love to see your extract 5 predictions now.
shall we all pitch in and do some quick essay plans for the 20 marker predictions? (just a quick plan)
i think it would be a good idea.
does any on have any model 20 mark and 10 mark answers, would much appreciate if you could link them for thanks :smile:
Extract 5 potential 20 markers...

I've looked at all the past five years of f585 questions, and all the 20 markers are one the last sentence of the final paragraph of the introduction. So if this year follows the pattern then it will be:

Discuss whether reforms to the supply side of the economy are the key to promoting long run economic growth in zambia (20)

But also, I watched gconomics videos and his two predictions are pretty good too:

Discuss the challenges to zambia 's long run growth (20)
Discuss how effective the zambian government has been in promoting long run economic growth (20)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by starwarsjedi123
Would love to see your extract 5 predictions now.
shall we all pitch in and do some quick essay plans for the 20 marker predictions? (just a quick plan)
i think it would be a good idea.

Yeah that's a really good idea, I'll pitch in when I've got some free time and access to a computer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by uzochi97x
Ignore my really awful spelling and my awful paragraph I'm actually using voice recorder to type this message what I meant to say is that trade as a percentage of GDP is increasing due to higher integration of global markets through globalisation therefore there is heavy interdependence between economies therefore if trade is a huge part of the GDP it means it is vulnerable to global shocks e.g. the global recession in 2008 it is especially worse when these experts are primary commodities e.g. Zambia is copper and inelastic good because it means as global demand for total revenue will for and therefore X minus M falls and therefore there is a fall in A.D. and total GDP therefore it's not really the best

Thanks so much! I really couldn't get my head around it all, but this is a great help!
Original post by JonnieBlanch
Thanks so much! I really couldn't get my head around it all, but this is a great help!

No problem !
Do we need to know about economic stability?
How is everyone revising for this exam? I really have no idea what I should be doing. When I have asked my teacher he has been very vague, just saying to practice the predicted questions. He has only taught us the topics which are mentioned or alluded to in the extract. Is there no chance of the the other topics coming up??Please help!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BrwnSugR1
How is everyone revising for this exam? I really have no idea what I should be doing. When I have asked my teacher he has been very vague, just saying to practice the predicted questions. He has only taught us the topics which are mentioned or alluded to in the extract. Is there no chance of the the other topics coming up??Please help!

There's a guy on YouTube who has a play list on f585, of you watch the videos where he tells you what to revise you should be fine, his channel is called Econplusdal.

Also, of you need help on going through all the data that the extracts give you and if you want more in depth (longer videos) information on the extracts then go to gconomics on YouTube

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lostrider
There's a guy on YouTube who has a play list on f585, of you watch the videos where he tells you what to revise you should be fine, his channel is called Econplusdal.

Also, of you need help on going through all the data that the extracts give you and if you want more in depth (longer videos) information on the extracts then go to gconomics on YouTube

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love Econplusdal he has done wonders
Ar there any other predictions for the 20 marker? other than the supply-side reforms
Original post by 24601jvj
Ar there any other predictions for the 20 marker? other than the supply-side reforms

Not that I've seen no. But you could make up your own, if you think there's a topic on extract 5 that could be discussed for 20 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 276
If the 20 marker's not on supply side **** is going to do down heavily here and on twitter
Anyone know which questions we MUST use a diagram for? Like 6/10 mark analyse questions? And how many diagrams do we need for our 20 mark essay question? Thanks!
Reply 278
Original post by JonnieBlanch
Anyone know which questions we MUST use a diagram for? Like 6/10 mark analyse questions? And how many diagrams do we need for our 20 mark essay question? Thanks!

You only HAVE to use a diagram in the 20 marker though using it in the 10's or others to help answer your question is perfectly acceptable. You can score 20/20 with one diagram though you will most likely end up using two.
Also if anyone has any essay plans they would like to share, that would be much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending