Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just completed mine, pretty pleased! Analytical was funny as I found the first 5 questions to be the hardest, I used up loads of time on these and was panicking but It was pretty easy after that and I actually had time left over at the end! Logical reasoning... what can I say!! I loved it, wish every test was like this! But then again I did some assessments for another scheme the other day and I thought I did great but apparently scored average in both, so we will see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDeeC)
    I've just done both of mine and it said my deductive took an extra 10 mins and my analytical an extra 3. So I think they just make it up tbh. Lol

How do you think you did?
    I think I did pretty well on the deductive, but definitely not quite so confident about the analytical one. Someone had said you have plenty of time but I just got the analytical one completed and had to rush the last couple of answers so they're probably wrong! I have a feeling (hope) that others found it equally difficult. But sure at least it's done now anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah and it appeared to add on time for numerical as it said I took a few minutes over the hour. Logical I completed in 58 minutes, took advantage of time to double check answers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theduffman82)
    I think I did pretty well on the deductive, but definitely not quite so confident about the analytical one. Someone had said you have plenty of time but I just got the analytical one completed and had to rush the last couple of answers so they're probably wrong! I have a feeling (hope) that others found it equally difficult. But sure at least it's done now anyway!
    I spent over an hour on deductive which I'm not happy about. Spent too much time checking my answers.

I just finished the analytical and also thought the 1st couple questions were hardest. I feel I did better on this one over the numeracy one at stage 1, but that probably means nothing.

Fingers crossed all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDeeC)
    I spent over an hour on deductive which I'm not happy about. Spent too much time checking my answers.

I just finished the analytical and also thought the 1st couple questions were hardest. I feel I did better on this one over the numeracy one at stage 1, but that probably means nothing.

Fingers crossed all!
    I wouldn't worry about your time taken on the deductive. They've said you won't be disadvantaged for taking around an hour compared to someone who took, say, 30mins.

I agree - I really panicked when I looked at the time and I'd taken almost 15 mins for the first 3 or 4 questions. Would be very easy to get flustered at that stage.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about your time taken on the deductive. They've said you won't be disadvantaged for taking around an hour compared to someone who took, say, 30mins.

I agree - I really panicked when I looked at the time and I'd taken almost 15 mins for the first 3 or 4 questions. Would be very easy to get flustered at that stage.
    It was over an hour but can't doing anything to change it now. Just have to hope for a miracle.

I felt stressed for the 1st few and was relieved they were the worst questions. Ha ha

Let's hope they tell us a bit earlier, like stage 1.

ReputationRep:
    Is the numerical multiple choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123456!)
    Is the numerical multiple choice?
    Yeah, multiple choice.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, multiple choice.
    Phew! I panicked a bit there. I just reread the instructions and only the deduction test said multiple choice. I can breath a little easier now!

ReputationRep:
    Just did the two and at the risk of sounding like a complete and utter bell, I have to say that was very straightforward. The time pressure of the earlier numerical made that one far more challenging, I thought. Pretty certain I got 24/25 having made a silly error on one and I'm now in some doubt as to whether that itself will be good enough given the level of the test. Deductive was simple too, no timer meant I actually rushed it more though, not a fan of that.

These marks are forgotten about if we make it to the next stage, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justdoit25)
    Much, Much harder. But give it a go. I managed to get all the practice questions correct and I think I only got 2 max 3 wrong in the stage 1 test. But if I say I got 3 confidently right in this round I would be lying.
    The logic test was good fun.
    I have to say I disagree with this.

The first test was much more related to mathematical knowledge whereas the second was more about the ability to read the questions carefully and perform a few basic calculations to get to an answer.

I found the second much easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vereor)
    I have to say I disagree with this.

The first test was much more related to mathematical knowledge whereas the second was more about the ability to read the questions carefully and perform a few basic calculations to get to an answer.

I found the second much easier.
    You can't really disagree with MY experience of the test. You can say yours was different but you can't say you disagree with what I've said. If you read through you will see everyone has their own opinion. One chap said it was super easy another said it was really hard. I happen to fall in the latter.
    Please remember what you find "basic" could be "extra challenging" for someone else.
    As I said in my first comment I feel the first test were 100x easier. And the practice sent by HMRC was not an accurate reflection of the actual test.

ReputationRep:
    How would you practice for the deductive reasoning test? It has nothing to do with all the logical reasoning, diagrammatical questions right so practicing those would be useless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperial Blitz)
    How would you practice for the deductive reasoning test? It has nothing to do with all the logical reasoning, diagrammatical questions right so practicing those would be useless?
    Type seating arrangements into Google and practice those. However I don't really think you can practice for them. Just use lots of paper and draw out the scenario. It's really fun, do not panic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    How did everyone find the analytical test? On some questions, I couldn't decide between 2 options and was partly guess work.
    Same here! May as well juat sit back and see what happens I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else still need to do the tests? Been too busy recently so I have to do them tomorrow... leaving it too late!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dole238)
    Anybody else still need to do the tests? Been too busy recently so I have to do them tomorrow... leaving it too late!
    Same here....been trying to practise the seating arrangement questions to get the hang of them...will probably do mine tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too. I still can't do seating arrangement questions. is the deadline today midnight or tomorrow ?

Also do we have to do both the tests in one go ? Which comes first if anyone knows .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbdb)
    Yeah me too. I still can't do seating arrangement questions. is the deadline today midnight or tomorrow ?

Also do we have to do both the tests in one go ? Which comes first if anyone knows .
    Tomorrow night, I think. I hate midnight deadlines as they can seem a little ambiguous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbdb)

Midnight tomorrow.

You can do them separately.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.