Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just cause he is muslim ffs
    And it is impesive to build a clock out of a pencip case
    I wouldnt know where to begin
    #istandwithahmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Might be the case but don't see how a kid can have access to the resources required.

Especially in one of the biggest counties combating terrorism.
    Bombs can be made with regular household products you'd buy in Walmart or wherever (no terrorist lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Let them try and carry it freely in supermarket like white people do,they'd get shot before the gun drops to the floor
    They wouldn't get shot for simply carrying a weapon.

ReputationRep:
    But what made them think it was a bomb? That's what I'm trying to get at. All they heard was beeping and they assumed it was a bomb. You can't just assume everything that beeps is a bomb! What if it was a phone. That beeps, is that a bomb?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    this is so sad, what has the world come to

ReputationRep:
    poor kid
    he must have been traumatized

when Muslims want to do good things we always get frowned upon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahlam_Abdi)
    But what made them think it was a bomb? That's what I'm trying to get at. All they heard was beeping and they assumed it was a bomb. You can't just assume everything that beeps is a bomb! What if it was a phone. That beeps, is that a bomb?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at that and honestly tell me that you can identify that as an alarm clock.

What are they supposed to do? Simply take his word for it and let him go?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not asserting that this was a bomb, but why an earth does his clock have so much circuitry?? There's about four different chips over several PCBs and half a dozen capacitors, tbh he should work on his clock-building skills. He seems to have over complicated the device somewhat.

However of course this was an overreaction, a simple and brief examination should have revealed that this was quite obviously not a bomb. Take it to any engineer or chemistry teacher and they would tell you it quite clearly isn't...

ReputationRep:
    Let them try and carry it freely in supermarket like white people do,they'd get shot before the gun drops to the floor
    I see black people openly carry weapons at walmart and McDonalds all the time when I'm in the US all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iss123)
    poor kid
    he must have been traumatized

when Muslims want to do good things we always get frowned upon
    Oh boo hoo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namandi)
    LOL. There's already a thread about this.

Why is it disgusting that it was mistaken for a bomb?

USA doesn't mess around with security. That is common knowledge.

Once they suspect something could be a threat, they act accordingly.

Even if it is something as small as a pencil case or in this case, a handmade clock, they act accordingly.

Are they paranoid? Perhaps

Would they rather be paranoid than have parents mourning the lives of their children? Definitely
    This is not in the name of security. The US are now attacking non-existent threats. They are the threat

ReputationRep:
    No, they should at least have checked before they arrested him and expelled him don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Growing up on cartoons and Hollywood blockbuster movies has given them the idea that if a clock is sprouting with wires and makes funny noises then it must be a bomb.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you people need to grow up,

Arresting him YES was overboard, there is no denying that.

However, confiscating and checking his clock was NOT an overboard measure, we live in an era where Islamic extremism is very common. Save me your apologetics about Christians, Buddhists etc do it too, extremism has in the last half century been overwhelmingly Islamic in nature, there is no denying that. As such, naturally when someone that pertains to that somewhat justified stereotype it raises higher alarm. If you want to end this stereotype tackle it at its root by ending Islamic extremism regardless of what you think is the origin.

If you feel so victimised in the west nobody is stopping you from going back to wherever you came from. Would any of you immigrants even have the freedoms you do here in the country you most probably escaped from? This is coming from an immigrant, this victim complex is cringeworthy.

ReputationRep:
    No, they should at least have checked before they arrested him and expelled him don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where does it say he was expelled?

ReputationRep:
    Everywhere, it was said that he was expelled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Furthermore, forget expelled but arrested. That was way overboard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoomCha!)
    Oh boo hoo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suppose it's easy for you to dismiss comments with a 'boo hoo' when you cannot put yourself in the shoes of an everyday Muslim; I'm not sure you understand the experience of having your personality scrutinised because of the religion you were brought up into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gijops)
    yes: look

Muslim:

muslim:

This guy didn't used to be religious but once he turned muslim look what he did:

This list doesn't even scratch the surface...

and again...

If you wanna talk in pictures then I could equally pull up pictures of the KKK, the LRA, the IRA who were mainly Catholic, George Bush who went to war "because God told me to" The bomb blasts on abortion clinics, the Christian extremist who killed someone cos he was gay, Sara Agassi for a Jewish extremist, the Tamil Tigers, and the fact that the first documented form of suicide terrorism was done by Jewish people against the Romans. But nope, all terrorists are Muslim...

In a documentary that Reggie Yates did, some RUssian people said they'd kill gays just like in the Bible ie: by stoning, if they could get away with it. Breivik definitely didnt exist either, right?

Look at the irony

Attachment 461915
    Tbf, that's in the UK, not the USA

ReputationRep:
    I feel nauseous knowing an innocent boy got arrested over a clock, while white people strut around holding guns #IStandWithAhmed
    Considering some of the stuff you've posted in this thread and the fact you failed to even read a few sentences of an article posted in your thread to inform yourself of the basic information of this incident, I very much doubt you care about this, or Islamophobia (and probably other forms of discrimination) at all.

I've thought this for a while but whenever something like this happens there is always a certain type of person close by who seems far more concerned with either making themselves look like a saint or attacking a particular group of people under the guise of righteousness and justice and that's basically all you've done.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.