Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koh.s.p96)
    international applicant here but haven't gotten yet! so worried!
    which country r u from? do u mind sharing ur stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caoshuo)
    which country r u from? do u mind sharing ur stats?
    hey there! I'm from malaysia! ukcat was 715, gcse 7a* 3a, predicted 4a*. and guess what? i found something really comforting on kcl website! This is what i found! :

"No offers are made without an interview. Interviews are held between January and March and you must be available for interview in order to be considered for admission. Interviews for international applicants are held in late January or early February. A large number of applications are received for Medicine. Although we recognise that this is an anxious time for you, all applications are carefully considered, and therefore you should not expect a response until the cycle has been completed in early May."

so for any international applicants who haven't gotten replies yet, just relax okay

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU applicant and I have been asked questions about my English IGCSE.
    I got an A star in English First Language and they are asking me questions like "what marks did you achieve in speaking and listening". But I did first language english so i do not have those marks to give! When I told them this, I got asked to upload a IGCSE certificate!

Does this not sound odd? Does this mean there is a problem with my application and they might reject me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaliisa123)
    I am an EU applicant and I have been asked questions about my English IGCSE.
    I got an A star in English First Language and they are asking me questions like "what marks did you achieve in speaking and listening". But I did first language english so i do not have those marks to give! When I told them this, I got asked to upload a IGCSE certificate!

Does this not sound odd? Does this mean there is a problem with my application and they might reject me?
    I don't have any first hand experience but from what I know from classmates who applied last year (we're EU students) most universities ask about your english language qualifications. I think it's just a formality and they ask this of a lot of people, I wouldn't be worried.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student and havent received an interview yet so i'm getting sort of nervous!
    My stats are :
    Ukcat : 712.5 Band 1
    GCSE equivalent: 8A*s 2As
    Predicted A2 : A*AAA (bio chem phy maths)

what are my chances?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at kings for the 14th, does anyone know what sort of things they'll ask at all??? I'm so nervous!!

ReputationRep:
    Are they still sending out interview invites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsianGal)
    Got an interview at kings for the 14th, does anyone know what sort of things they'll ask at all??? I'm so nervous!!
    What are your stats? (UKCAT + Band, GCSEs, A2 predicition?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badaman)
    What are your stats? (UKCAT + Band, GCSEs, A2 predicition?)
    8A*s 4As, AABB, predicted AAA, UKCAT 705, SJT band 2

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Congrats

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats!! Can I ask when you received the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Literally the Thursday just gone so I think that was the 19th of Nov?

ReputationRep:
    Literally the Thursday just gone so I think that was the 19th of Nov?
    Ahh right! That's helpful to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what the UKCAT "cutoff" score is? I got 690 for UKCAT and I'm worried I won't be able to make the cutoff for interviews

ReputationRep:
    How are people preparing for MMI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasaminO_o)
    How are people preparing for MMI?
    By crying at the fact that I haven't received an interview yet ;((( lol jk but I think maybe practice ethical scenarios with friends and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm really worried about getting a preinterview rejection now!
    My stats are
    GCSEs: 13A*s2As1B
    A2 Predictions: A*A*A (and an A* in Welsh Bacc)
    UKCAT: only 670 - is this way too low this year for an interview?? Everyone seems to have 700+!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b2247)
    Hi, I'm really worried about getting a preinterview rejection now!
    My stats are
    GCSEs: 13A*s2As1B
    A2 Predictions: A*A*A (and an A* in Welsh Bacc)
    UKCAT: only 670 - is this way too low this year for an interview?? Everyone seems to have 700+!
    Your stats are amazing and your UKCAT is definitely not too low. I just think you might be in the second batch of interviews, rather than the first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When will the second batch of interviews come in? I'm worried that I'm not in the first batch of interviews despite my ukcat score of 797.5

ReputationRep:
    When it says attach exam certificates, is it just gcse? Because i dont have any AS certificates

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.