Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

German Hunter pays £39,000 to kill largest elephant in living memory watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeremyOU)
    Really there are several levels of cruelty here, killing a (supposedly) protected, wild animal for fun, which is completely morally indefensible. vs killing a domestically bred animal grown expressly for food, to feed people. which is sort of ok because people have to eat.
    at least that's the majority opinion.
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Maybe from your perspective there are different grades of death, but for me there is being alive and not being alive. When an animal is dead, it is dead. It didn't have a choice and died regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    You think we are equal with corals.

Man I want some of that sh*t you've been smoking.
    I could say the same thing of you for thinking my stance on animals to treat animals as equals is "morally flawed"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    I could say the same thing of you for thinking my stance on animals to treat animals as equals is "morally flawed"
    See my edit!

ReputationRep:
    Respect. I used to go deer hunting, this must be much better.

ReputationRep:
    See my edit!
    so instead of a lion you are using words which kids into guilt tripping me for not caring about all animals?

Yes they are nasty things but I would not kill it if I saw one. I would let it live. I am not a killing of any living animal. And it is not morally flawed to treat an animal as an equal. It is morally flawed to think eating meat and killing animals is acceptable. Please don't lecture me on morality when your lifestyle makes you one of the least moral people on this planet.

ReputationRep:
    so instead of a lion you are using words which kids into guilt tripping me for not caring about all animals?

Yes they are nasty things but I would not kill it if I saw one. I would let it live. I am not a killing of any living animal. And it is not morally flawed to treat an animal as an equal. It is morally flawed to think eating meat and killing animals is acceptable. Please don't lecture me on morality when your lifestyle makes you one of the least moral people on this planet.
    So killing a lamb and eating it is just as bad as killing a child?

ReputationRep:
    So killing a lamb and eating it is just as bad as killing a child?
    Yes, can you think of any other examples for me to agree with? :rolleyes:

Killing is wrong period!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, can you think of any other examples for me to agree with? :rolleyes:

Killing is wrong period!
    I know deep down you don't truely feel like that. Practically nobody on Earth values the life of EVERY animal (including horrible parasites) equally to other human beings. Nobody actually believes that haha

ReputationRep:
    I know deep down you don't truely feel like that. Practically nobody on Earth values the life of EVERY animal (including horrible parasites) equally to other human beings. Nobody actually believes that haha
    You don't know me very well. . I truly, fundamentally believe non-human animals are equals with humans. I believe all killing is wrong. If you don't believe me then you don't understand veganism enough and should go away and do a bit of research into it and why people become vegans.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely weird that people can kid themselves into believe that the shooting of a wild animal is somehow more heinous than the mass farming and slaughter of millions of animals so we can have a cheeky nandos with the lads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    It's definitely weird that people can kid themselves into believe that the shooting of a wild animal is somehow more heinous than the mass farming and slaughter of millions of animals so we can have a cheeky nandos with the lads.
    What's more heinous is this rock climber guy believes that all animals, including parasites are somehow equal to human beings..

ReputationRep:
    You don't know me very well. . I truly, fundamentally believe non-human animals are equals with humans. I believe all killing is wrong. If you don't believe me then you don't understand veganism enough and should go away and do a bit of research into it and why people become vegans.
    Can you fall in love with an animal?

ReputationRep:
    Can you fall in love with an animal?
    no, not in a sexual way...I don't like where this is going :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What's more heinous is this rock climber guy believes that all animals, including parasites are somehow equal to human beings..
    Yeah, no. I'm not quite at that level...yet.

ReputationRep:

sorry but I can't let this go. in what ways are corals/parasites equal to humans

ReputationRep:
    sorry but I can't let this go. in what ways are corals/parasites equal to humans
    I can't be bothered with this debate anymore. They are equal to us in that they are both living and want to live. Goodbye

ReputationRep:
    Why?

Does that offend you?

ReputationRep:
    Why not? If they are our equals..they should have the ability to consent to such an idea, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Why?

Does that offend you?
    The idea that a parasite is my equal offends me yes.

ReputationRep:
    The idea that a parasite is my equal offends me yes.
    Well it's like you have all your priorities wrong if it winds you up that much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.