Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else who had an interview 3rd Feb got the 'informal, you got an offer!' email today??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemdarkstone)
    Anyone else who had an interview 3rd Feb got the 'informal, you got an offer!' email today??
    Yeah I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    They haven't replied to the email yet, guess it would've been much better to call like Jabberjay said. They replied after 10 minutes the last time I emailed so I just expected the same this time.
    Did you hear back about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Hp)
    Yeah I'm so happy! Now i just hope that the requirements aren't too high...
    Good luck man, usually takes them about a week to put grades on UCAS Track, let us know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    Did you hear back about that?
    Not yet, sorry

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did too. I'm guessing we wont be asked for STEP if we are not doing JMC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alby1234)
    Yeah I did too. I'm guessing we wont be asked for STEP if we are not doing JMC?
    No, some people applying for MEng/BEng Computing have been asked for STEP as well, even if they are doing full Further Maths. Usually a 2 in STEP I this year when it's been required.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer: A*AA and Grade 2 in STEP 1. Pretty happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumboyaught)
    Do you do further maths by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberjay_)
    Do you do further maths by any chance?
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    How long can it take to hear back? I wrote the online test last weekend, and they did confirm straightaway that they've got my final score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumboyaught)
    Congrats! Are you gonna firm Imperial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suyash2099)
    How long can it take to hear back? I wrote the online test last weekend, and they did confirm straightaway that they've got my final score.
    I wrote the online test last weekend but they have yet to confirm that they have received my final score...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r1fad)
    I wrote the online test last weekend but they have yet to confirm that they have received my final score...
    If its been 5 days since, why don't you call them up / drop in a mail?

ReputationRep:
    If its been 5 days since, why don't you call them up / drop in a mail?
    I sent them an email. They replied swiftly saying that have received my test.
    Turns out it'll take them a month or more to make a decision...

#TheWaitContinues
    129 days since I sent my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r1fad)
    I sent them an email. They replied swiftly saying that have received my test.
    Turns out it'll take them a month or more to make a decision...

#TheWaitContinues
    129 days since I sent my application
    Yeah, just received the exact same email - ffs.

For other majors, like Electrical and Chem. Eng, they reply within 2 - 3 weeks. I assume (hope) the one month is just a placeholder - considering someone on this page got an informal offer within 2 weeks. Hmm... it all hinges on the test / UCAS anyways - there's not much security that it'll be an offer!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if they'll have another interview day because on the website it says the last one is today, but they still haven't rejected me so I am really confused as to what's going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganja_Saurus)
    I wonder if they'll have another interview day because on the website it says the last one is today, but they still haven't rejected me so I am really confused as to what's going on
    http://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing/staff/

I'm also waiting to hear for interview for JMC. In the link there is one more interview date - 2nd March. So we should here if we got rejected this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horse.jojo)
    http://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing/staff/

I'm also waiting to hear for interview for JMC. In the link there is one more interview date - 2nd March. So we should here if we got rejected this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohhh okay, I thought that 17th was the last interview day because on this link:
    http://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing/...eng-computing/

On the how to apply section it says that today is the last interview day so thanks I guess there is a glimmer of hope after all

I'm awaiting an interview for BEng Computing. BTW what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just received the exact same email - ffs.

For other majors, like Electrical and Chem. Eng, they reply within 2 - 3 weeks. I assume (hope) the one month is just a placeholder - considering someone on this page got an informal offer within 2 weeks. Hmm... it all hinges on the test / UCAS anyways - there's not much security that it'll be an offer!
    I just hope I don't have to wait 1 month to receive a decision. My finals start on 1st March...
    If it is a rejection, I may ruin my final grades....

Where are you from?When did you apply and what subjects do you do? Also, what are predicted grades if you don't mind my asking?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.