Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetraynor)
    Sent my UCAS off on Oct 6th, received a Kent offer on Oct 15th, Reading on Oct 20th, and Exeter about an hour ago! Not holding out much hope for Oxford or Kings, any idea when Kings (non-scholarship) applicants should hear back? I know they say 60 days after they receive the LNAT (sat mine on Oct 14th), but is there any rough average time where most applicants hear back?
    hey, congrats on your offers! that's fab! I've applied to exeter too. do u mind me asking your GCSE, AS and predicted grades? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmabeth)
    And me!
    hey, congrats on your offers! that's fab! I've applied to bristol too. do u mind me asking your GCSE, AS and predicted grades? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    thanks! of course I can tell you I applied on 25th Sept, so it took them aaaaggges. GCSEs 11A* 1A (pesky Drama!), AS 6As, A2 predictions 5A*, best of luck! I think I was in the first batch of Bristol decisions so theres still offers to be going out
    wow you did amazing! congrats, you deserve that offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmayo97)
    hey, congrats on your offers! that's fab! I've applied to exeter too. do u mind me asking your GCSE, AS and predicted grades? xx
    Thanks!
    At GCSE I got 4A*, 5A and 2B, and at AS I got AABB, predicted A*AA! Not the best, I know, but good enough for Exeter, apparently?

Good luck! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    wow you did amazing! congrats, you deserve that offer!
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Cambridge, Durham, QMUL, Manchester and Liverpool.
    Got offers from QMUL Manchester and Liverpool and an interview offer from Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    hey, congrats on your offers! that's fab! I've applied to bristol too. do u mind me asking your GCSE, AS and predicted grades? xx
    Aw thank you! Yeah sure! I applied on the 6th of October but had already done the LNAT, got 14A*'s and 2A's at GCSE, AABB at AS in Biology, History, Chemistry and English Lit and I'm predicted A*A*A*, good luck with your applications! Where else have you applied?xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetraynor)
    Thanks!
    At GCSE I got 4A*, 5A and 2B, and at AS I got AABB! Not the best, I know, but good enough for Exeter, apparently?

Good luck! Where else have you applied?
    I've also applied to Bristol, Manchester, Southampton and leeds - all for law
    i'm acc very worried, i hope my grades are good enough
    I got a*aaaaaaaab at gcse and aabbd at as but I dropped the d and have been predicted either aaa or a*aa (still confirming with my school).
    wbu?

ReputationRep:
    I've also applied to Bristol, Manchester, Southampton and leeds - all for law
    i'm acc very worried, i hope my grades are good enough
    I got a*aaaaaaaab at gcse and aabbd at as but I dropped the d and have been predicted either aaa or a*aa (still confirming with my school).
    wbu?
    I'm sure you'll be fine! I've had offers from Exeter, Kent and Reading so far, and now I'm just eagerly awaiting my Kings and Oxford rejections aha!

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer from Warwick for AAA!

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine 3 weeks ago, I've got SOAS, Manchester and City but probs taking a gap year anyway

ReputationRep:
    Woow congratss xx ive also applied for manchester, can i ask what ur gcse, as and predicted grades were?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else get a mail from Bristol>

"Thank you for your application to study Honours Law (LLB) at the University of Bristol.

I am writing to let you know that we are still considering your application, but are not yet able to make a decision. We are assessing applications on a daily basis, but as we receive a large number of high-quality applications this may take a little while."

I applied on the 14th OCT with LNAT already completed. As others are already getting offers, I guess it means I'm in the "If we can't find anybody better qualified we'll get back to you" pile.

At the same time they send a mail about applying for a drama scholarship, don't know if that's a hint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)

"Thank you for your application to study Honours Law (LLB) at the University of Bristol.

I am writing to let you know that we are still considering your application, but are not yet able to make a decision. We are assessing applications on a daily basis, but as we receive a large number of high-quality applications this may take a little while."

I applied on the 14th OCT with LNAT already completed. As others are already getting offers, I guess it means I'm in the "If we can't find anybody better qualified we'll get back to you" pile.

At the same time they send a mail about applying for a drama scholarship, don't know if that's a hint.
    I got one of those too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)

I also got this email, and had the exact same interpretation as you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saule1116)
    Haha, so is mine! Is yours in the morning or afternoon?
    afternoon i think wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c146)
    my York interview is on the 10th Feb too haha, i might see you there! im sure its not a bad thing because i thought that too.. but it seems that most of the people who have early interviews applied during october for the oxbridge deadline, unless you did too? My UCAS was only sent on the 9th November so im hoping thats why and its not because of my grades, i know York is a very popular uni too so i expect they have a lot of people to interview, when did you apply/receive your invitation?
    Hi, yes hopefully!

Oh okay that seems to make sense as I sent my UCAS of last week on the 11th of November, and I received an email about the interview on the 13th of November. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ht11928)
    When is everyones interviews for York?
    Mine is the 10th of feb which seems much later than everyone else, do you think that is a bad thing?
    Mine is on the 15th December, is anyone else's???
    And no of course not ! 😊 I spoke to them on the open day and they said whoever applies first gets put into the December interview slots and then the next lot of interviews is in February

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by npstudent)
    Just received an offer from Warwick for AAA!
    when did you send your app bro? also how were your GCSEs and AS?

ReputationRep:
    that's fab! I've applied to Manchester too. do u mind me asking your GCSE, AS and predicted grades? xx also did you apply for law or law with politics
    dw they let anyone into manchester

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.