Turn on thread page Beta

St. John's College 2016 Applicants thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yavanna)
    I’m an overseas applicant and I got a (rejection) email. I can’t say that I’m surprised though-let’s just say I’m a bit superstitious- the more I tell people about something (it’s not my fault, when they heard I went there for the summer, they wouldn’t stop pestering me about, “Are you going to apply?” “Have you applied?” etc, etc. And you can only hold up the “I haven’t decided yet” bluff for so long…), the higher chance there is of me failing miserably. I’m not joking, there has been a trend throughout the years, and I kind of noticed it a few months ago. Though, I do have to say that I’m happy they rejected me now rather than after an interview, because, well… airplane tickets aren’t cheap, especially if it’s just for a one or two day thing, and that would probably just make me mad that I spent the money and got virtually nothing from it, except for an interview experience (so I guess I should silently thank the admissions board for that haha) Speaking of emails, I don’t really know much about the etiquette in terms of replying… Do I send an email to the address that emailed me the letter thanking them for considering me, or should I physically mail it, or…?
    Please email them and thank them, though you got a rejection email.

ReputationRep:
    Any medics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShivvKolhe)
    Any medics?
    Have you got an interview offer yet? What was your UMS? Im applying for medicine also . They are gunna interview 65 people and trim that down to around 17 after interview. So about 1 in 4 get offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leg1t)
    Have you got an interview offer yet? What was your UMS? Im applying for medicine also . They are gunna interview 65 people and trim that down to around 17 after interview. So about 1 in 4 get offers.
    How do you know how many people they're interviewing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokepal02)
    Please email them and thank them, though you got a rejection email.
    Okay, I ended up doing that anyway because it felt a little rude to just ignore it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glowingvegan)
    Any UK students heard about Maths yet?
    I heard on the 21st but it seems like a lot of people haven't so who knows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e62)
    Anyone staying at John's on the night of the 9th? I need friends!!
    I'll be staying on the 9th, I have a maths interview for the 10th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if maths interviewees have a written test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    Does anybody know if maths interviewees have a written test?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yitbling)
    Do they send out a rejection letter/email to overseas applicants? I've been waiting for a reply for about 2 weeks but alas, no dice :/ A rejection letter would seriously be better than this silence right now.
    I hope you got a response. If not, give them a call. They are very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    Any idea when it is sat? The invite listed my 3 interviews but did not mention the test. Nor did the college website. Only the university's main website mentions it but provides no further details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    Any idea when it is sat? The invite listed my 3 interviews but did not mention the test. Nor did the college website. Only the university's main website mentions it but provides no further details.
    I am wondering this as well.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yes
    Are you applying for Maths?

ReputationRep:
    Mech eng anyone on the 7th? i'm staying over on the 6th and the 7th's accomadation is arranged for me as I'm coming from scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZachyS7)
    Mech eng anyone on the 7th? i'm staying over on the 6th and the 7th's accomadation is arranged for me as I'm coming from scotland.
    I'm there one the 7th and staying the sixth, I'm Scottish too haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What time is your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Runner0204;60996281]What time is your interview?

I think the first is at 12.30 then the last is at 6.30pm, I'm staying in the city street permier inn also flying in coz it was cheaper you?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think the first is at 12.30 then the last is at 6.30pm, I'm staying in the city street permier inn also flying in coz it was cheaper you?
    Cheaper than free? Why not stay in college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Cheaper than free? Why not stay in college?
    I was only offered accomadation for the 7th and obviously I can't get a train down on the same day in time for the 12.30 interview..

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ZachyS7;60996453]
    (Original post by Runner0204)
    What time is your interview?

Mines is at 9am, the college gave me accommodation. What are your grades/predictions if you don't mind me asking? (I always ask other Scottish people haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.