Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2016 entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    At Notts you can have below 50 in one section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. At notts S2 is min 55, and the others are min 50/55 (doesn't matter which way).

No gamsat uni accepts below 50.

ReputationRep:
    At Notts you can have below 50 in one section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The minimum for Notts is a bit higher isn't it (55 in two sections bar the essay ) or something like that I think

ReputationRep:
    For anyone whos interested Liverpool posted this FOI request regarding application statistics

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-759301

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    For anyone whos interested Liverpool posted this FOI request regarding application statistics

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-759301
    Thanks! So I'm guessing around 100 interviews at 40 offers this year give or take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! So I'm guessing around 100 interviews at 40 offers this year give or take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd guess about that! And about 27-29 places available.

Fingers crossed guys

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess about that! And about 27-29 places available.

Fingers crossed guys
    Fingers crossed indeed! 1 in 3 chance of being offered a place- sounds like a great stat but terrifies me slightly !

ReputationRep:
    I was just looking on the emails from Liverpool and there is nothing about bringing ID on the day? I've just had to send my passport away so I'm hoping drivers license is ok. I've been really ill for 2 weeks now so haven't done much prep recently although I did so much in the previous weeks it does make me worried ! And they are so secretive about the stations compared to Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    It says a passport or driving licence is required at registration.

Also they tell us the names if each station which I found really useful in prep!

(Original post by Catherine1193)
    I was just looking on the emails from Liverpool and there is nothing about bringing ID on the day? I've just had to send my passport away so I'm hoping drivers license is ok. I've been really ill for 2 weeks now so haven't done much prep recently although I did so much in the previous weeks it does make me worried ! And they are so secretive about the stations compared to Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    It says a passport or driving licence is required at registration.

Also they tell us the names if each station which I found really useful in prep!
    Is that Birmingham that told you the names of the stations ? Or are you still talking about Liverpool ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kethan)
    Is that Birmingham that told you the names of the stations ? Or are you still talking about Liverpool ?
    Liverpool, I didnt apply to brum. Its in the additional info document.

7 stations:
    Ethics prep (not assessed), ethics, numeracy in practice (written station), communication/values & attitudes, team working, healthcare awareness & insight, learning from caring contribution.

6 mins per station, 1 min break.

Seems pretty detailed to me.

Should mention that it states it is a guide and these topics may change, but seems a reasonable base for prep work.

ReputationRep:
    Just to confirm the interview is in a Cathedral right and not the uni?

ReputationRep:
    Driving license it okay i think, says so on the interview docs

ReputationRep:
    Is the work experience form something we fill out or do we have to get the employers to fill out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

7 stations:
    Ethics prep (not assessed), ethics, numeracy in practice (written station), communication/values & attitudes, team working, healthcare awareness & insight, learning from caring contribution.

Should mention that it states it is a guide and these topics may change, but seems a reasonable base for prep work.
    Totally didn't see that when I was reading ! Thanks il look again . learning from caring contribution? As in what have you learnt from being in a caring role maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Totally didn't see that when I was reading ! Thanks il look again . learning from caring contribution? As in what have you learnt from being in a caring role maybe.
    I assume so. I'm focusing on team work and communication examples from my work experience. With empathy examples and ideas for dealing with difficult situations.

ReputationRep:
    I assume so. I'm focusing on team work and communication examples from my work experience. With empathy examples and ideas for dealing with difficult situations.
    Ok thanks. Well it's very similar to my previous prep so I'm hoping it will be ok on the day.

ReputationRep:

7 stations:

completely missed it as well! Thanks for sharing the breakdown of it

ReputationRep:
    It's says we need certificates. Is this actual copies as well as photocopies or just photocopies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is the work experience form something we fill out or do we have to get the employers to fill out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    pretty sure we can fill it out

ReputationRep:
    It's says we need certificates. Is this actual copies as well as photocopies or just photocopies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It says we need both the originals and photocopies

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.