Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone tell me where to get the F321 June 2015 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danllo)
    Please could someone tell me where to get the F321 June 2015 paper
    You should do it as a mock closer to the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Great notes thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys me again (help)

I really don't know how to go about this question?? I am guessing I use the moles to write a balanced equation but I don't know how to work out what the products would be?

20.0 cm3 of 0.02moldm-3 aqueous sodium bromate(V), NaBrO3, was found to react completely with 80.0cm3 of 0.01 moldm-3 hydroxylamine, NH2OH.

The half equation for the reduction of bromate (V) ion is given as shown.
    BrO3-(aq) + 6H+(aq) +6e- -------->Br-(aq)+3H20(l)

I have to identify the nitrogen containing product in this reaction

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I am resittig both F321 and F322 modules this year and was wondering if you think the grade boundaries will be higher than usual as no new lower sixth are taking the exams.. only people resisting like myself?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William1771)
    Hi Guys,

I am resittig both F321 and F322 modules this year and was wondering if you think the grade boundaries will be higher than usual as no new lower sixth are taking the exams.. only people resisting like myself?

Thanks
    We were talking about this in class the other day, its so hard to tell. They could also be slightly lower because people who did really well at AS won't be resitting so they won't pull the grade boundaries up? But like you said the fact it's only resits could also make the boundaries higher so I guess it could even out? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks
    Ah I'm resitting F322 I never even thought about this :/ hopefully they don't rise too much...I need an A!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    Ah I'm resitting F322 I never even thought about this :/ hopefully they don't rise too much...I need an A!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think it can be predicted really, lots of factors and no data Just try your best, and make yourself proud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)
    We were talking about this in class the other day, its so hard to tell. They could also be slightly lower because people who did really well at AS won't be resitting so they won't pull the grade boundaries up? But like you said the fact it's only resits could also make the boundaries higher so I guess it could even out? Good luck!
    the thing with this is a lot of people I know who got A's and B's at AS are actually resitting so to make the A2 exams easier if they get very high ums in the easier exams - even I was suggested to resist by my school despite getting a reasonable A at AS (I decided decided not to though), so hard to tell really
    The grade boundaries can't be sooo high though having said that as no one knows how difficult the AS exams would be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    the thing with this is a lot of people I know who got A's and B's at AS are actually resitting so to make the A2 exams easier if they get very high ums in the easier exams - even I was suggested to resist by my school despite getting a reasonable A at AS (I decided decided not to though), so hard to tell really
    The grade boundaries can't be sooo high though having said that as no one knows how difficult the AS exams would be
    Ooh really? At my school the only people who are resitting got below a C at AS, I asked to resit because I got a low A and I need an A in chem for uni but my teachers said that was a bad idea because apprently most people get higher at A2 than at AS at my school? Idk I guess it's different at every school and in different subjects, I've got to resit C1 in maths even though I got a mid A at AS overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Thread is in considered complete. Comment if a link is broken and I'll fix it asap; ask any questions and I'll reply with help.

Hi I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with results: (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve a similar set of results. I created these resources for myself in my A-Level year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a chemistry counterpart to a new thread I've made this year for Chemistry and incorporates all but the practical element of the OCR Chemistry A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to physics thread
    Unlike the physics thread
    I'm going to sort of build this as I go so it may not be complete for a month-ish

Important Links
    Physics and maths tutor: Includes extra past papers from other exam boards, and the extremely useful questions by topic
    A Level Chemistry Website, mostly older spec past papers, and questions with solutions!
    Memrise - Excellent for rote learning definitions, equations and reactions (Good iOS and Android App!)

F321
    Definitions
    Standard Answers

F322
    Definitions
    Standard Answers

F324
    ah organic chemistry, I decided to go with a unique 'on a page' model for this unit, inspired by maths which condensed units down to a single page. I'm going to release a PDF version of this, so you can print out pages as required
    Interactive Definitions
    Interactive Important Reactions and Conditions
    Full PDF of on a page
    Standard answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
    Legacy Past Papers

F325
    Interactive Definitions
    Notes
    Standard Answers compiled from all legacy and current specification
    Legacy Past Papers & This
    Past Paper Spreadsheet Excel Template

Good Post from pp. 2
    For OCR A as 2016, do we need to know adsorbtion in terms of how the heterogenous catalyst works?

ReputationRep:
    For as OCR a, do we need to know adsorbtion in terms of how the heterogenous catalyst works?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccajane1026)
    For as OCR a, do we need to know adsorbtion in terms of how the heterogenous catalyst works?
    I don't think so, but I think you should know about what catalyst are used for certain reactions, such as phosphoric acid catalyst for iodide atom and not sulfiric catalyst. I would check the specification again, but I can't seem to find it.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help with this question? I got the right answer but really by guessing - don't think understand it:
    Question:
    As part of an investigation a student needed to prepare a pH value of 8.71. From the Ka value of phenol (1.3x10^-10) the student thought that a mixture of phenol and sodium phenoxide could be used to to prepare this buffer solution. The student decided to use 0.2 moldm^-3 solution of phenol mixed with an equal volume of sodium phenoxide. We your knowledge of buffers solutions to determine the concentration of sodium phenoxide solution the stuent will need to mix with the 0.2 moldm^-3 phenol solution.

My answer:
    0.2 x 2 = 0.4 moldm^-3 new phenol concentration.
    [C6H5O-] = ka x [C6H5OH]/[H+]
    = 1.4x10^-10 x 0.4 / 10^-8.71
    = 0.026669
    x2 = 0.05333758
    /0.4 (New concentration of phenol) = 0.13 moldm^-3

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks
    i have a weird feeling that they'll be lower tbh, then again the last papers/first papers are always lenient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamsaidk)
    i have a weird feeling that they'll be lower tbh, then again the last papers/first papers are always lenient
    Do you think this year's papers are gonna be better than other years? I assumed that they would make it really hard because it's the last year of the spec and the papers last year were pretty bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)
    Do you think this year's papers are gonna be better than other years? I assumed that they would make it really hard because it's the last year of the spec and the papers last year were pretty bad?
    I think papers are made a few years im advance hmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,I'm really confused how many oxidation states do we need to remember the colours for Transition metal section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsgod98)
    Hi ,I'm really confused how many oxidation states do we need to remember the colours for Transition metal section
    I'm pretty sure we don't need to know all the oxidation states and colours from that table on page 205 in the textbook. I think we just need to know the colours for the precipitation reactions, ligand substitution and redox titrations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty confused about this reaction on page 63 in the textbook. I swear that the inorganic product is normally just HCl and you don't need reflux?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.