Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Shehzar)
    Ahhh!!! its not right friend.. He was a messenger of Allah but not a god himself.. Most of the believes that christians have r right but the most biggest of their dis-believes is that they believe Jesus to b god..
    And Christians will just say that Muslims are the biggest of disbelievers, so nothing new there.

ReputationRep:
    Would you consider marrying a Christian girl who was a different race or is it a taboo?

ReputationRep:
    Show me religious book that has references to the expansion of the universe, the different roles of bees, mountains as well as morals and predictions that have come true.... All in 1 book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    And Christians will just say that Muslims are the biggest of disbelievers, so nothing new there.
    Bible says that God is not man‘God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)
    ‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible‘a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40)‘Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)‘He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed’ (Acts 17:31)‘the man Christ Jesus’ (Tim. 2:5)

ReputationRep:
    FAM, there are never any plants in your toilets but always a watering can. Da***?

ReputationRep:
    Bible says that God is not man‘God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)
    ‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible‘a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40)‘Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)‘He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed’ (Acts 17:31)‘the man Christ Jesus’ (Tim. 2:5)
    We've been through this before. The bible is full of verses proclaiming Jesus' divinity and quotes where Jesus himself says he's God.

What you're failing to grasp is that all religious people are convinced that their religion is the right one and no one can prove their religion is more correct than another.

ReputationRep:
    What are your thoughts on Ouija boards because I really want 2 do 1 but apparently it's haram and I don't even think u can communicate with the other side. I'm really inquisitive lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishba-rosex)
    What are your thoughts on Ouija boards because I really want 2 do 1 but apparently it's haram and I don't even think u can communicate with the other side. I'm really inquisitive lol
    Why do you want to use the ouija board? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ermahgerd11)
    Why do you want to use the ouija board? :curious:

I don't want to communicate with anyone I just want to see if it works or not. Ever since I watched Ouija, it's been on my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    We've been through this before. The bible is full of verses proclaiming Jesus' divinity and quotes where Jesus himself says he's God.

What you're failing to grasp is that all religious people are convinced that their religion is the right one and no one can prove their religion is more correct than another.
    The Proven Truth[19:34] That was Jesus, the son of Mary, and this is the truth of this matter, about which they continue to doubt.[19:35] It does not befit GOD that He begets a son, be He glorified. To have anything done, He simply says to it, "Be," and it is.[19:36] He also proclaimed, "GOD is my Lord and your Lord; you shall worship Him alone. This is the right path."*

ReputationRep:
    The Proven Truth[19:34] That was Jesus, the son of Mary, and this is the truth of this matter, about which they continue to doubt.[19:35] It does not befit GOD that He begets a son, be He glorified. To have anything done, He simply says to it, "Be," and it is.[19:36] He also proclaimed, "GOD is my Lord and your Lord; you shall worship Him alone. This is the right path."*
    More circular reasoning. Christians will just provide biblical verses supporting that Jesus is God.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to communicate with anyone I just want to see if it works or not. Ever since I watched Ouija, it's been on my mind.
    No idea if it works or not but I would stay away from it if i were you. Besides it's haram

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you communicate with the one who created the 'other side', the one listens but without any ears, He sees but without any eyes, He was and He will always be, He is outside time, matter and space. Ever thought about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mil88)
    Why don't you communicate with the one who created the 'other side', the one listens but without any ears, He sees but without any eyes, He was and He will always be, He is outside time, matter and space. Ever thought about that?

You mean communicate with Allah?

ReputationRep:
    You mean communicate with Allah?
    Well if you're Muslim, then we address him by Allah but yes I mean God. He clearly states in the Quran to ESTABLISH prayer, which just doesn't mean read it, but it should be ingrained in daily your life, not talking to imaginery beings via a man made device- it may lead to Shirk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Hey

Still waiting for a reply to my post 162

"Do you believe in forgiveness? Please give some examples if your answer is yes or no". Thank you

Also, do you believe in the Holy Spirit? Thanks
    Soo sorry, Of course, i do believe in forgiveness. Islam is all about forgiveness, for example my self i used to get bullied everyday by one of my mate from the class than we became really good friend at the end which i forgave him. I used to think he soo smart when i started school he can speak English properly unlike me but end of the day i got wayyy better grades than him even though i started late secondary. also it is mentioned in hadith that a “A prostitute saw a dog lolling around a well on a hot day and hanging his tongue from thirst. She drew some water for it in her shoe, so Allah forgave her.”

2. not sure of second one

ReputationRep:

Once again, to clear up this constant misunderstanding , Christians worship one God. One God alone. If they didn't they would be going against their own faith which includes the ten commandments. The very first commandment says:-

You shall have no other gods before Me.
    You shall not make idols.
    You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
    Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    Honor your father and your mother.
    You shall not murder.
    You shall not commit adultery.
    You shall not steal.
    You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    You shall not covet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAREQ003)
    Soo sorry, Of course, i do believe in forgiveness. Islam is all about forgiveness, for example my self i used to get bullied everyday by one of my mate from the class than we became really good friend at the end which i forgave him. I used to think he soo smart when i started school he can speak English properly unlike me but end of the day i got wayyy better grades than him even though i started late secondary. also it is mentioned in hadith that a “A prostitute saw a dog lolling around a well on a hot day and hanging his tongue from thirst. She drew some water for it in her shoe, so Allah forgave her.”

2. not sure of second one
    Hi, thanks for the reply. The quran says 'Allah sanctifies whom He wills', therefore what assurance do you have that you will be forgiven and enter paradise.

Would you mind looking into the second question if you have time, about the Holy Spirit, to give me an idea of your thoughts on it, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAREQ003)
    I respect every Religion whether you are Christian, Hindu, Shia, Buddhist, Atheists, Jews, Sikhs... My dad is Imam(Islamic Scholar) he Teaches in Islamic School. I also do Islamic Studies while i go to college.

I am More Than Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks
    If you came out as gay would you be:

a) disowned
    b) taken to pakistan and honour killed
    c) something else (explain)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    But Jesus rose again. Don't forget that He is simultaneously the Lord God, so He was always alive in that sense. Check out http://www.100prophecies.org/page4.htm
    before you start debating whether the Bible did actually predict Jesus' death...

Can I just ask another question btw...
    You say that the Bible was corrupted, but what is the evidence, and how early is it from? I think that it might just be from after the original gospel.
    No one has answered my question

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.