Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confusedschubert)
    Hello world! Just got an offer for LLB Law this morning!

Still in shock and i'm questioning whether they made a mistake :x this can't be right
    Haha literally my reaction when I got accounting and finance offer last Thursday, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else been given their room number from Urbanest Westminster?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer to study economic history with economics! :')

ReputationRep:
    Possibly an unpopular notion but is anyone thinking of putting down LSE as their insurance choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey4live)
    Possibly an unpopular notion but is anyone thinking of putting down LSE as their insurance choice?
    Kind of- like im not sure but im confused between st andrews for "economics and international relations" and lse for "economic history with econ" :/ what would you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabeeh123)
    Kind of- like im not sure but im confused between st andrews for "economics and international relations" and lse for "economic history with econ" :/ what would you suggest?
    Personally I can't seem to decide between econ and business at UCL and econ and econ history at LSE. I'm gonna wait till I've attended the respective offer holders open days and after reading some books suggested by the departments to gauge which aligns more with my interests.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for geography at LSE yesterday (yay) but I have no idea about accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey4live)
    Personally I can't seem to decide between econ and business at UCL and econ and econ history at LSE. I'm gonna wait till I've attended the respective offer holders open days and after reading some books suggested by the departments to gauge which aligns more with my interests.
    I got an offer from UCL as well, but I need A*AA to meet its requirements; whereas I only need AAB for LSE haha, so i really doubt I am gonna pick UCL. However, for St. Andrews I got AAA, so I guess I can meet those requirements fairly easily.
    My problem is that I live in Pakistan, so I can't exactly attend the offer holders open day haha.

ReputationRep:
    received my offer for Law yesterday! I was in shock for hours because I've been waiting for their rejection for a while now.
    I was 100% going to firm UCL but I'm kind of stuck now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freefood)
    received my offer for Law yesterday! I was in shock for hours because I've been waiting for their rejection for a while now.
    I was 100% going to firm UCL but I'm kind of stuck now
    I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL (sorry caps lol)
    UCL vs LSE is like... tough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL (sorry caps lol)
    UCL vs LSE is like... tough
    IT'S THE TOUGHEST DECISION
    I don't even know how I'll make the decision, the thought of having to reject one of those unis is killing me

Have you firmed/insured yet?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know how I'll make the decision, the thought of having to reject one of those unis is killing me

Is UCL actually that good a uni? I was under the impression that LSE is better than UCL at whatever it does? Thats why i havent really considered firming ucl :O

ReputationRep:

Did LSE in the end, even though I loved UCL on the Offer Holders' Day

ReputationRep:
    Did LSE in the end, even though I loved UCL on the Offer Holders' Day
    I never really considered LSE because I was so sure the offer wouldn't come, I'm having deep second thoughts now, how did you decide?

ReputationRep:
    I never really considered LSE because I was so sure the offer wouldn't come, I'm having deep second thoughts now, how did you decide?
    Reputation + the fact that I know a couple of people who have gotten into the same course already (admittedly not the best decision maker ) + the fact that it's almost identical to UCL on the rankings in every other way (student satisfaction, money spent per student, even contact hours are similar)

To be fair, I'd be happy going to either of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabeeh123)
    Is UCL actually that good a uni? I was under the impression that LSE is better than UCL at whatever it does? Thats why i havent really considered firming ucl :O
    They're both amazing for Law, the UCL offer holder day had me convinced, I think I'll probably end up firming them.

ReputationRep:
    Reputation + the fact that I know a couple of people who have gotten into the same course already (admittedly not the best decision maker ) + the fact that it's almost identical to UCL on the rankings in every other way (student satisfaction, money spent per student, even contact hours are similar)

To be fair, I'd be happy going to either of them
    Did you go to the offer holder day on Wednesday? It was great but I might wait for the LSE day to make up my mind.

(don't know why I'm being so aspirational, my progress this year has been horrific)

ReputationRep:
    Did you go to the offer holder day on Wednesday? It was great but I might wait for the LSE day to make up my mind.

(don't know why I'm being so aspirational, my progress this year has been horrific)
    I had gone to one on the 27th of January, but haven't gone to an LSE Open Day yet. It's not an issue, because I've visited LSE in the past with my parents, and I know the Holborn area quite well, but yeah.. I've signed myself up for the Offer Holders' Day in April.

Hope that your grades end up alright The fact that it's only one A* that they're looking for personally gave me hope when I saw a couple of my classmates' getting A*A*A or A*A*AA offers from Cambridge :O

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys congrats on the offers for those I haven't already praised btw

So a bit of a dilemma: I've received 4/5 acceptances (incl. LSE duh ) and since I have been deciding on accommodation.

I'm still waiting on a decision to be made by St Andrew's, but at the same time I don't want to miss the boat for accommodation, especially given everyone seems to be applying for bae: Passfield :drool:

Any advice? 90% sure I'm firming LSE but I still wanna wait a bit for the offer y'know? But if if compromises my accommodation imma just have to withdraw from St Andrews

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by redwhiteandbrit)
    Hiya guys congrats on the offers for those I haven't already praised btw

So a bit of a dilemma: I've received 4/5 acceptances (incl. LSE duh ) and since I have been deciding on accommodation.

I'm still waiting on a decision to be made by St Andrew's, but at the same time I don't want to miss the boat for accommodation, especially given everyone seems to be applying for bae: Passfield :drool:

Any advice? 90% sure I'm firming LSE but I still wanna wait a bit for the offer y'know? But if if compromises my accommodation imma just have to withdraw from St Andrews

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because of the lottery system there doesn't appear to be an advantage in applying early. Many students who applied early last year did not get the first and second choice. Maybe check last last years posts. You have to consider the conditions of each offer and if St Andrews could be your insurance. I heard passfield had an open bar during Freshers week which proved very popular it depends on the social committee which changes each year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.