Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask the TSR Government - 22nd Parliament watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So this time it's even slower than the first time? How long until lab-lib governments take all term to decide upon their cabinet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any delay will only be because Fez and Petros are having difficulty deciding who to appoint, which I'm sure you'll agree is an indicator of the many multitalented individuals we have within the government.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Will the Prime Minister be convening a session of PMQs to coincide with the cabinet reshuffle announcement?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Will the Prime Minister be convening a session of PMQs to coincide with the cabinet reshuffle announcement?
    I hope to do so, probably beginning Monday, depending upon my schedule for the festive week.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Any delay will only be because Fez and Petros are having difficulty deciding who to appoint, which I'm sure you'll agree is an indicator of the many multitalented individuals we have within the government.
    Or a sign of gross incompetence and a case of who will do the last damage it is most likely to actually t do something given that we currently have James driving up bills and THB tying to look like he's doing something and failing miserably.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Or a sign of gross incompetence and a case of who will do the last damage it is most likely to actually t do something given that we currently have James driving up bills and THB tying to look like he's doing something and failing miserably.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Merry Christmas to you too!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tahret)
    Merry Christmas to you too!
    So has there been a lot of departmental stuff that has been released and I have, somehow, completes missed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you suddenly expecting an onslaught of legislation over the Christmas period or something?

From what I can tell, a Defence SOI is done and waiting confirmation from the relevant people, my Home SOI is almost done but I admittedly haven't touched it in a few days due to issues at home that I really do not want to go into, Joe has pretty much finished his SOI for Education which will be passed on to the next Education secretary as he's getting a nice fancy promotion, Imperion has outlined his plans for an SOI in the office for Culture, Communication and Connectivity, which shouldn't take too long to get done, the new chancellor is starting the budget and we also have a few bills being debated at the moment in the Government Subforum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Are you suddenly expecting an onslaught of legislation over the Christmas period or something?

From what I can tell, a Defence SOI is done and waiting confirmation from the relevant people, my Home SOI is almost done but I admittedly haven't touched it in a few days due to issues at home that I really do not want to go into, Joe has pretty much finished his SOI for Education which will be passed on to the next Education secretary as he's getting a nice fancy promotion, Imperion has outlined his plans for an SOI in the office for Culture, Communication and Connectivity, which shouldn't take too long to get done, the new chancellor is starting the budget and we also have a few bills being debated at the moment in the Government Subforum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was more expecting a steady trickle over the whole term, not a massive blob mid term.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've just gone through the Speaker's Chamber thread and over the last month we've had 3 government bills, 3 statements, and 1 motion, none of which were written by James, who as I recall has had a job which requires him to work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week for some time now. Over the same time period, we've had a grand total of one Tory bill. I am not sure why you're accusing us of incompetence or of having all our bills written by one member because that isn't the case. First cast the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I was more expecting a steady trickle over the whole term, not a massive blob mid term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Things take time to write though, and a lot of people were busier at the start of term for whatever reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've just gone through the Speaker's Chamber thread and over the last month we've had 3 government bills, 3 statements, and 1 motion, none of which were written by James, who as I recall has had a job which requires him to work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week for some time now. Over the same time period, we've had a grand total of one Tory bill. I am not sure why you're accusing us of incompetence or of having all our bills written by one member because that isn't the case. First cast the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
    Why don't I throw back at you what we always get thrown "we are incredibly active in the subforum, so active that we almost break the site, and there is so much being worked on that you will see it all soon [never]"

Things take time to write though, and a lot of people were busier at the start of term for whatever reason.

We are also, what, coming up on two months in? Even if people just gave an hour every few days that is more than enough time to have had departmental stuff from more than 1 department.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Why don't I throw back at you what we always get thrown "we are incredibly active in the subforum, so active that we almost break the site, and there is so much being worked on that you will see it all soon [never]"
    I've never said that which means I get to say you're a massive hypocrite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I, on the other hand.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    PRSOM

I, on the other hand.....
    Ah well, teamwork is the essence of government.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PRSOM

Ah well, teamwork is the essence of government.
    Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As Petros as highlighted, the singular member vs the government, when was the last time a government didn't come out with that sort of line when asked why they aren't being much of a government.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    As Petros as highlighted, the singular member vs the government, when was the last time a government didn't come out with that sort of line when asked why they aren't being much of a government.
    Its difficult to say much else seeing as we've been doing very well so far.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It's always amusing to read updates on what is going on in the subforum by people who don't know what's going on in the subforum.

Well, as I hope you have worked out by now, you only see the finished product, and the finished product doesn't come at the start of the writing process, it comes at the end. Ergo, you need to wait for the finished product.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    It's always amusing to read updates on what is going on in the subforum by people who don't know what's going on in the subforum.

Well, as I hope you have worked out by now, you only see the finished product, and the finished product doesn't come at the start of the writing process, it comes at the end. Ergo, you need to wait for the finished product.
    I somehow doubt that any of it will look like it's had the sort of time put in that is implied. We constantly hear about a hive of activity with a logical inconsistency; we also have thongs taking months. I wonder how many will look like they've had a few hours at most put in rather than dozens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I somehow doubt that any of it will look like it's had the sort of time put in that is implied. We constantly hear about a hive of activity with a logical inconsistency; we also have thongs taking months. I wonder how many will look like they've had a few hours at most put in rather than dozens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How much time has been put into tory policy so far this term?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.