Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Indian Premier League 2016 Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    What a knock from ABD and Abdulla the other night had ABD not been so good Abdulla was probs RCBs 2nd best player with his contribution with the bat aswell as his early wickets stalling Gujarat

Hoping RCB can win the IPL tommorow and in theory we should we have the much 'stronger' side particularly if Mustafizur isn't back fit. Our batting everyone knows about but our bowling has slowly improved aswell. Arvind and Abdulla are decent, Watson and Jordan should bowl well and Chahal has been sensational for me - the wkts he's taken after missing 2/3 games early on.

However, I stress the 'In theory' part, SRH have a good bowling attack and in a 1 off game that fragile middle order could suddenly stand up and perform.

Question - in the pressure of a final - do you bat first? Or do you still stick with chasing theme of IPL. Personally I'd ask Gayle, Kohli and ABD what they prefer and go with that as if we get 220+ batting first that'll be enough. (This is all based on assumption that Bangalore track will be flat unlike Qualifier 1)

ReputationRep:
    RCB should win it tomorrow their batting is much better and they have bounced back in the bowling department particularly: Watson, Chahal and Abdullah. Not to mention Jordan who is also a very good bowler

I think they will win the win comfortably SRH have no real batsmen who can bat 20 overs except Warner the others can't stay till 20 over
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think Warner really enjoys defending totals, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sunrisers opt to bat first if they win the toss. After all, Warner has said how he is a firm believer in runs on the board.

I expect RCB to lift the trophy, largely because of Kohli. Five straight wins is formidable form - and it all points to RCB breaking their duck, winning the tournament, after years of being the nearly men.

Bhuvneshwar Kumar will be critical for Sunrisers - but they're sweating on Mustafizur Rahman's fitness.

Kohli is 81 runs away from becoming the first batsman to score 1000 runs in an IPL season. I hope he gets there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i really dont want srh winning - mainly to avoid dhawan getting an extended run in the shorter format and also because they are only in the final due to warner lets not kid ourselves, they are totally incosistent.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The way I see it, Warner is crucial for Sunrisers - but he'll be reliant on Dhawan and Bruvneshwar too. The latter has 23 wickets and an economy rate of 7.50. Impressive.

Sunrisers' seamers have the most IPL wickets this season (78) at an economy of 7.50. They will need to fire and strangle RCB.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a SRH fan and have been ever since deccan first played in IPL and finally they have a chance, but their middle order is still fragile, but yuvi fixed that a little bit so it's gonna be a good contest
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yuvraj has done big things on big occasions in the past - and the short boundaries may prove his best friend today. I'm so excited.

ReputationRep:
    Cmon team fiz <3
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    RCB :ahee:

raman_17

ReputationRep:
    we saw the cutting, now it's time to see the cutter, Mustafizur <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    RCB :ahee:

raman_17
    yup yup we gonna win.......................... commoooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnn #Playbold

ReputationRep:
    Wow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    go chargers go, I mean go sunrisers go. nice to see the spirit of the chargers rise like the sun

. David warner needs to get man of the match and tournament. chances are kohli should get tournament for his batting alone but warner was good in field, strategy and (obvs) with bat.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    on a side note, id hate to be in banglore right now with an orange and black shirt (rcb did lose at home in the finals)

ReputationRep:
    Omfg im so happy for srh, mustafizur rahman u legend <3

ReputationRep:
    IPL is crap. Too many foreigners in it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    OK guys, as OP, id like to have your thoughts on the tournament some questions:

Biggest Disappointment of the tournament?

Biggest shock / surprise match of the tournament?

Batsman of the tournament?

Bowler of the tournament?

Wicketkeeper of tournament?

Rookie of the tournament?

MVP of the tournament?

Captain of the tournament?

Team of the tournament?

match of the tournament?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bolly_mad)
    just cos rcb lost? lol
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by bolly_mad)
    who cares!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Fair play to SRH but I'm gutted for Kohli 973 runs in 16 inns at an average of 81 with a S/R of 152. Legend! :adore:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.