Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxswagmasterxx)
    i will try to condense the polarquestions from legacy papers after 5 pm, tell me if anyone is interested
    me pleaseee

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Polar.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  329.4 KB
    sorry, I didn't have pdf tools so it's in jpeg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxswagmasterxX)
Views: 256
Size:  329.4 KB
    sorry, I didn't have pdf tools so it's in jpeg
    <3 Thank you, is there anyway you could send a better quality version?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPencil)
    <3 Thank you, is there anyway you could send a better quality version?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the quality is decent when i press on it, does it not work for you? I dont reallt know how to upload otherwise

ReputationRep:
    For limits questions, do people use "+..." or "+O(x)" ? Not sure which one i should use or if i should state what O(x) means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qcomber)
    For limits questions, do people use "+..." or "+O(x)" ? Not sure which one i should use or if i should state what O(x) means.
    can you give an example?

ReputationRep:
    I normally put O(x^n) where n is whatever the degree of next term in sequence is.

ReputationRep:
    I use o(x)
    I've seen it in mark scheme and also TeeEm's workbook. Tbh even if the examiner doesn't know the notation it should be quite obvious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I use o(x)
    I've seen it in mark scheme and also TeeEm's workbook. Tbh even if the examiner doesn't know the notation it should be quite obvious
    Yeah I do this too (having seen it used in the mark schemes all the time). Although for people using 'O', that's wrong. It should be a little 'o': it's officially called 'little o notation' and there is in fact another thing called 'big o notation'.

ReputationRep:
    Written solutions Swag master?

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify the above.

Big O (f(x) = O(g(x)) is: for at least one choice of a constant k &gt; 0, there exists some constant a such that the inequality f(x) \leq k g(x) holds for all x \geq a.

Small o (f(x) = o(g(x)) is: for every choice of a constant k&gt;0, you can find a constant a such that the inequality f(x) \leq kg(x) for all x \geq a.

Note that both O and o are sets and that the above should be written with absolute values in the relevant inequalities but it looks ugly, so I'm leaving them out.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=XxswagmasterxX;64879791]I think he meant it as a joke the second time

Hey, where's that worksheet?

ReputationRep:
    I use o(x)
    But we can use '+...' right?

ReputationRep:
    Has Euler's identity been used in a paper yet? What sort of question could we expect it appear in?

I've only seen it being mentioned in the FP3 textbook but never any actual questions on it in papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Yeah I do this too (having seen it used in the mark schemes all the time). Although for people using 'O', that's wrong. It should be a little 'o': it's officially called 'little o notation' and there is in fact another thing called 'big o notation'.
    Haha thanks I will make sure my o's are small.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME_CHG)
    But we can use '+...' right?
    Ofc
    (Original post by Anonymoose12)
    Has Euler's identity been used in a paper yet? What sort of question could we expect it appear in?

I've only seen it being proven in the FP3 textbook but never any actual questions on it.
    The way it's mentioned in the spec sounds as thought we only need to know what h k1 etc all mean and be able to use the formulae

ReputationRep:
    Ofc

The way it's mentioned in the spec sounds as thought we only need to know what h k1 etc all mean and be able to use the formulae
    Alright, cool. I was worried it would end up being a suprise question 7 that everyone ends up flopping. Right in between the 14 mark polar co-ordinate question 6 and the 16 mark polar co-ordinate question 8.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone explain Q8bii? Tried sine rule but I think it's the ambiguous case which then confuses things

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...3-QP-JUN14.PDF

ReputationRep:
Views: 102
Size:  329.4 KB← the worksheet, sorry if the quality is bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabadon)
    Could anyone explain Q8bii? Tried sine rule but I think it's the ambiguous case which then confuses things

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...3-QP-JUN14.PDF
    There are several ways (I think like 4) to do this question but i think using sine rule is the easiest
    Name:  13223647_992694760820927_439652959_o.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  94.7 KB where K is (pi - pi/6 - alpha)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.