Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    To get an A* overall do you need to get 90% in the applied modules such as S1,M2 etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quido)
    Yup, this year in C1 I always get a low A in papers whilst with the other modules I get high As. Hoping the FP1 paper will be easy.
    Whoop. Me and you both. I think I did well in C1. Now just need to tear FP1 up in pieces. I want a B in FM

ReputationRep:
    Please sign this petition to lower the grade boundaries!
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...edium=copylink
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    Anyone doing FP1 on Friday?
    Yasssss. Ready?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swingrx)
    Please sign this petition to lower the grade boundaries!
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...edium=copylink
    Thanks
    No. Come on. The exam board isn't stupid. Just because you may have thought it was hard, doesn't mean everyone else has. + Exactly what grade boundaries do you want them to lower? They haven't set them yet! xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kira Yagami)
    For the question about finding the intersections points

you had to find 3 points right

and the increments of x and y both went up in 0.2 yes?

Does anyone remember some of their coodrinates? I remember getting -5.8 for onmy x coordiantes for the root on the far left... soud famililar?
    Yas! And I think -1.8!??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedMyMocks)
    Yasssss. Ready?
    idk really! I'm just hoping its an easy paper as when MEI make FP1 difficult, they make it difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    idkf really! I'm just hoping its an easy paper as when MEI make FP1 difficult, they make it difficult.
    Lol.. I think we'll be okay if we get a NICE Proof by induction.

I like FP1. It's a nice module. I also hope that the matrix questions are straightforward as they usually are.

Something tells me they're going be tough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethygirl)
    I think I got something like X^2 + X -5 or something but that could be wrong, however the graph did intersect Y axis at -5 so I'm presuming mine is correct ??
    Phew! I got that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo2351)
    I think he didn't do MEI , I think he just did OCR C1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    by the proof I meant the 90 degrees triangle question - I did do MEI

ReputationRep:
    A-60
    B-54
    C-48

sound reasonable?

ReputationRep:
    looking over the unoffical mark scheme im pretty sure I got all the questions right in section A, do you think its still possible to drop some marks even if you got all the answers correct (of course I showed all my working)?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for question 9) iii. (B) find the equation of the translated curve? I can't find the answer on the mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockjam)
    A-60
    B-54
    C-48

sound reasonable?
    I personally think it will be a bit higher than that, so like A - 61, B - 56, C, 49. Although I really messed up the last two question parts (Will get some method marks) so I am really hoping the grade boundaries are as low as possible ahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suziew00zie)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...dGh_P5F40/edit the link you're looking at has q3 wrong on both parts, this one looks right for that
    Ah right, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studious_Student)
    I personally think it will be a bit higher than that, so like A - 61, B - 56, C, 49. Although I really messed up the last two question parts (Will get some method marks) so I am really hoping the grade boundaries are as low as possible ahaha.
    yeah i think the harder long mark questions in section b will make it lower than last years ive predicted my mark to be between 58 and 62 so im right on the A border and hoping the B grade is lower in case i've done worse than predicted

ReputationRep:
    I mixed up the two and so put them as coordinates but i'm guessing i would still get the working out mark
    (Original post by Pra99)
    I just checked and just x coordinates is fine. 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockjam)
    A-60
    B-54
    C-48

sound reasonable?
    Hmm, I'm thinking a bit higher. But hopefully the grade boundaries are low.

ReputationRep:
    Voting poll for what we think will be the A grade boundary get voting and spread the word!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4099631

ReputationRep:
    looking over the unoffical mark scheme im pretty sure I got all the questions right in section A, do you think its still possible to drop some marks even if you got all the answers correct (of course I showed all my working)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.