The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is actually a really stupid metaphor. At least the lock and key metaphor is true; if lots of different keys can open a lock them it's probably not too great but this one makes no sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Oi have you been possessed by some social justice lord or something :lol:

"Beliefs ingrained" oh yes because I remember my mum telling me that I have to only like virgin girls Wtaf dude, it's called a preference, which stems from a conclusion made after balancing the arguements. Stop with your nonsense it's childish.

Since when does having a preference make you sickening :lol: "Oh you like chocolate, you are sickening. You have tastes ingrained in you that you don't even understand" :lol: :lol: what a load of *******s

Oh, I'm the one being childish but you're the one talking saying things like "your mum didn't sit down and tell you this" and "lol" and using what's very clear to me, strawman fallacies.

1) when I said beliefs are ingrained it means that it's been embedded in your thinking, the 2nd class citizen treatment of women, the ingrained notion that "women aren't supposed to do this" and "a girl is supposed to act like this". That's what I'm talking about, surely yall have your own ideas so you'd take whatever misinformation that's been fed to you by society and put it into your own situations and words and soon or late you'd be saying things like "oh she's a slut because she slept with 10 men in one year". A guy does the same thing and he's "pulling" he's a "lad"

You said that you've got into Cambridge? I'd expect that those that got into to be wiser and think critically for themselves, to move above the fray, to be above social indoctrination, but I guess not.
This thread devolved slower than I thought it would.
Original post by QuothTheRaven
This thread devolved slower than I thought it would.

feminist detected
Original post by Underscore__
That's like saying 'there isn't actually any proof unicorns don't exist'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's actually my point. We make assumptions on the past but we don't actually know what happened with either gender. There's little more evidence that men spread seed than women hoarded their eggs for one penis.

Or why it's relevant now. Modern society is a lot safer so men don't need to guarantee offspring with multiple partners.

---

As for the addiction comparison..I'm glad you brought that up. Sex can be compulsive and as difficult to overcome as a drug addiction. It comes with physical withdrawal too. You're just making assumptions with no real basis of fact.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ~Tara~
That's actually my point. We make assumptions on the past but we don't actually know what happened with either gender. There's little more evidence that men spread seed than women hoarded their eggs for one penis.

Or why it's relevant now. Modern society is a lot safer so men don't need to guarantee offspring with multiple partners.

---

As for the addiction comparison..I'm glad you brought that up. Sex can be compulsive and as difficult to overcome as a drug addiction. It comes with physical withdrawal too. You're just making assumptions with no real basis of fact.

Modern society is of course safer but if men truly are hard wired to seek out multiple partners that doesn't just phase out overnight.

Not that I ever mentioned addiction but there's no consensus on the existence of sex addiction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
don't mind loose girls, wouldn't respect them enough to marry one though.
(edited 8 years ago)
I wasn't sure how to multi quote so I was responding to another poster about the addiction comparison.

sex addiction falls under the same bracket of addiction in Internet gambling etc. Whether I personally agree is besides the point, compulsive sexual behaviour exists and so does the physical withdrawal the keeps people locked in behaviours which are dangerous and/or damaging to their life.

I'm not saying every person who sleeps around has that unhealthy compulsion but it's certainly a large factor to consider.
Original post by ~Tara~
I wasn't sure how to multi quote so I was responding to another poster about the addiction comparison.

sex addiction falls under the same bracket of addiction in Internet gambling etc. Whether I personally agree is besides the point, compulsive sexual behaviour exists and so does the physical withdrawal the keeps people locked in behaviours which are dangerous and/or damaging to their life.

I'm not saying every person who sleeps around has that unhealthy compulsion but it's certainly a large factor to consider.

Falls under the same bracket? Where are you getting this information? The APA don't even recognise sex addiction or hyper sexuality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 269
Original post by keturah
So you wouldn't care? I've always been asked and I'm nosy so like to know their number too.

Unless she used to organise gangbangs in basements or suck cocks in back alleys, I wouldn't care.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Oh, I'm the one being childish but you're the one talking saying things like "your mum didn't sit down and tell you this" and "lol" and using what's very clear to me, strawman fallacies.

1) when I said beliefs are ingrained it means that it's been embedded in your thinking, the 2nd class citizen treatment of women, the ingrained notion that "women aren't supposed to do this" and "a girl is supposed to act like this". That's what I'm talking about, surely yall have your own ideas so you'd take whatever misinformation that's been fed to you by society and put it into your own situations and words and soon or late you'd be saying things like "oh she's a slut because she slept with 10 men in one year". A guy does the same thing and he's "pulling" he's a "lad"

You said that you've got into Cambridge? I'd expect that those that got into to be wiser and think critically for themselves, to move above the fray, to be above social indoctrination, but I guess not.

You are making up absurd ideas, with nothing but a few insults towards me to back it up. I can't imagine how you thought that would work.

I've never once said a promiscuous man is a "lad", and I'm sure very few people have. Nor have I ever called a girl a slut, so you're just generalising there.

It all stems from traditional roles with men having to work to impress and essentially earn the girls love (you can try and argue it but it's just how it tends to work, even childhood stories revolve around the idea, and there's nothing wrong with working to impress someone). So a guy that has earned many girls' love, has done well, and a women that has had her love earned many times, is too easy. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just open minded enough to understand it all. I also think your magnifying the issue, everybody gets insulted for something, and if one of your worst characteristics is that fact you've slept about a lot, there will always be people saying something. You can't stop people voicing opinions, otherwise freedom of speech gets harmed and that's more important than someone getting "offended".

I have not been taught to believe/ think anything, I've made my own decisions. Just because someone follows a majority view, it doesn't make them victims to a brainwashing attempt on a nation lmao :lol:

I have not mentioned Cambridge at all in this, so I have no idea how you got that info. Additionally, you're right, I am able to think critically for myself, that's how I'm able to see the issues with society, but not spend my life forcing my opinions onto other people like you. It's cool, some people feel the need to moan about the problems with society so they don't have to take the blame for their failures, I can't fault you, everyone's different.

Since when does using the term "lol" decrease someone's IQ? Wow, can't argue pure stupidity :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Darien91
Unattractive, shows she's not a challenge, I'd worry she'd cheat, increased risk of STD's, baggy vagina, loose, more people to compare me to in sex

You need to seriously learn science. There is no such thing as a 'loose' vagina. Rich coming from a chode.
Reply 272
Probably the same reason you lot complain about **** boys...
Original post by Napp
Probably the same reason you lot complain about **** boys...

Not many women even use the word '****boy'. Calling him a 'slut' or a 'manslut' is easier.
Reply 274
Original post by narunaru1995
Not many women even use the word '****boy'. Calling him a 'slut' or a 'manslut' is easier.

That has not been my experience. Either way same difference.
Original post by Napp
That has not been my experience. Either way same difference.

A ****boy is not defined as a slut by the way. Usually, a ****boy is a guy who doesn't respect women and is highly misogynistic. Some women also describe a ****boy as a guy who hits on multiple women or a delusional guy who thinks he has all these women under his belt.
they are basically idiots with huge ego's and no respect for women or themselves in that matter.
Original post by Fenugreek
Obviously not.
Men do not respect a women who cannot respect herself.
We do not value someone who does not value themselves, its not possible.
If we know you sleep around, thats all we will see you as.

Yes it is misogyny you ****. You guys get so butthurt that women strive for equal rights and equal status.

Do you even read before you type? So it's ok for a guy to sleep around and not a woman? Seriously, guys like you deserve a slap in the face.
Personaly I don’t care how many a girl has slept with...What gets to me is..If there comparing me to other people, saying I was worse or I’m not good looking as this other person blah blah (which really is my insecurity)Or always talking about having sex with other people, just sounds so cringey to me...
Depends tbh, in a short term relationship? Idm, but marrying them/settling down? Probs not (just my preference)

Latest

Trending

Trending