Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What happened to women's rights in the muslim world? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Well, I haven't read anything about it, OP, or thought about it at all, but I reckon it's probably the West's fault.
    It has nothing to do with the west mate. Go and read the Qu'ran and Hadith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Wrong. Islamophobia isn't a real word, it's merely a made up word used to silence those who criticise Islam. In reality you can say whatever you want about Islam and the false prophet (pbuh), as long as you don't diss musselmen in general you're not being "islamophobic"

Secondly, none of the people on here who diss Islam are dissing musselmen. You just perceive it that way because you either can't read properly or look at things maturely and objectively.
    It is a real word you moron smh

Now dont ever quote me again you arrogant prick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    That's certainly a perfectly valid question if islamophobes like yourself assumed that each and every one of these women were forced to wear these.
    "There is no compulsion in religion" is a fundamental verse of the Quran that is widely neglected by islamophobes and extremists

Oh and btw you can still find both covered and uncovered women in all "islamic" countries so the pictures of individual groups of women mean nothing. You can take pictures of both groups of women in any period of time and decide which one you want to use for your propaganda and how you wanna spin it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You made this thread with 100% knowledge that this will turn into the usual islam bashing thread. I genuinely don't see why you want to make TSR a medium for spreading hate.
    You're totally right. These women have made a decision to dress this way, and the years of childhood indoctrination into a religion that rates them less highly than animals has nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    It has nothing to do with the west mate. Go and read the Qu'ran and Hadith.
    Sorry, if it wasn't clear I was making a hilarious joke.

Wrong. Islamophobia isn't a real word, it's merely a made up word used to silence those who criticise Islam. In reality you can say whatever you want about Islam and the false prophet (pbuh), as long as you don't diss musselmen in general you're not being "islamophobic"

Secondly, none of the people on here who diss Islam are dissing musselmen. You just perceive it that way because you either can't read properly or look at things maturely and objectively.
    Funnily enough, Trevor Phillips, the chap who coined the term, recently made a similar concession.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/04...-islamophobia/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy97)
    Contrary to what you think, the mass-killings you talk about did not happen. There isn't a shred of factual evidence to prove it. Islam was spread by the pen and not by the sword. I know you'd like to think that, but what you would like to believe isn't necessarily the truth.

I'm not going to bother to even attempt to correct your false beliefs any more. Revel in your own ignorance and bigotry. What does it matter, I'm just a 'Muslamic Barbarian' anyway, eh?
    LMAO!!!! Are you for real?!

Have you even read your own holy book?! :rofl:

I don't have time right now to type up the entire history behind the rise of the Islamic empire and the abhorrent treatment of non-muslims who were conquered by it, but I'll share this particularly telling story with you.

One of the three Jewish tribes among the Quraysh were the Banu Qurayza tribe. This tribe had previously signed an agreement with Mohammad that they would help the muslims in war and wouldn't help the muslims' enemies. However, Mohammad (pbuh) repeatedly dishonored this tribe by slandering all Jews and encouraging violence against them. Naturally the Banu Quarayza got very pissed off. Things were getting increasingly worse for this tribe because of Mohammad's (pbuh) despicable actions. Eventually the tribe saw it's chance to fight back when the Pagan Quraysh tribes were gaining power and switched their allegiance.

Upon hearing of this Mohammad (pbuh) declared that he'd had a visit from the angel Gabriel, who told him to attack the Banu Quraysh. He then lead a 25-day siege on the Banu Qurayza stronghold which ended with the Banu Qurayza surrendering. Mohammad (pbuh) had the men and boys handcuffed and lead out into the bazaar of Medina where a large trench had been dug. He then had the men beheaded and thrown into the trench. Each of the boys were inspected for pubic hair and if they had any they met the same gruesome fate as the older men. Boys hit puberty at around 13, so this means that Mohammad (pbuh) had boys as young as 13 beheaded and thrown into a mass grave. The women and remaining children were all sold into slavery. Mohammad ordered the genocide of the Banu Qurayza.

This story is recorded in both the Qu'ran and Hadith. It's one of the things you people like to cover up.

ReputationRep:
    lol all you defending muslism societies, how about you go live in Syria,afghanistan,pakistan,iran or iraq ? Im glad there are people like Donald Trump who will definetely crackdown on illegal immigrants and the beautiful Visegrad 4
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    It is a real word you moron smh

Now dont ever quote me again you arrogant prick
    I will quote you as much as I like. I don't take orders from ignorant fools like yourself. Instead I listen to the voice of reason and logic.

https://lawyerssecularsociety.wordpr...n-absurd-term/

ReputationRep:
    In Islam, women are so highly respected that paradise lies under the feet of all mothers!
    So please come back once you find valid evidence that women have no rights in the 'muslim world.'
    By valid evidence i don't mean controversial images you got off google to gain yourself some comments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    That's certainly a perfectly valid question if islamophobes like yourself assumed that each and every one of these women were forced to wear these.
    "There is no compulsion in religion" is a fundamental verse of the Quran that is widely neglected by islamophobes and extremists

Oh and btw you can still find both covered and uncovered women in all "islamic" countries so the pictures of individual groups of women mean nothing. You can take pictures of both groups of women in any period of time and decide which one you want to use for your propaganda and how you wanna spin it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You made this thread with 100% knowledge that this will turn into the usual islam bashing thread. I genuinely don't see why you want to make TSR a medium for spreading hate.
    There is no compulsion in religion yet unbelievers will burn in jahannam for eternity.
    Also kids are indoctrinated with this idea since a young age. That sounds like compulsion to me...

ReputationRep:
    I will quote you as much as I like. I don't take orders from ignorant fools like yourself. Instead I listen to the voice of reason and logic.

http://crg.berkeley.edu/content/isla...g-islamophobia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadcat2)
    lol all you defending muslism societies, how about you go live in Syria,afghanistan,pakistan,iran or iraq ? Im glad there are people like Donald Trump who will definetely crackdown on illegal immigrants and the beautiful Visegrad 4
    In a free society, you do not curtail the rights of people, whose views you disagree with, by telling them to **** off.

To be perfectly fair and honest, that is simply a blog post, the words of an independent user whom the LSS does not endorse the views of.

As for the article itself, it seems to be full of fallacies and strawmen and not worthy of any detailed discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisahaha)
    In Islam, women are so highly respected that paradise lies under the feet of all mothers!
    So please come back once you find valid evidence that women have no rights in the 'muslim world.'
    By valid evidence i don't mean controversial images you got off google to gain yourself some comments
    wrong,only muslim women. They dont give a crap about 'infidels'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RegrettingAS)
    It actually says in the quran that women are worth the same as men. They are equal but have different roles in society, and can be seen in our bodies. Men are designed to work long rough hours, as opposed to women.
    Another interesting fact is that in the US suicide rates are higher than ever at around 7% and divorce at over 25%. On the other hand, in Islamic countries these are almost zero. Feel free to search and validate these facts online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm a little confused. Are we reading the same Quran?
    Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."
    Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"
    Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    I'm a little confused. Are we reading the same Quran?
    Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."
    Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"
    Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"
    You forgot the one about how women are mentally deficient. And yet hundreds of millions of muslim women agree with it!!! It reminds me of one of those sects committing suicide in the hundreds because they think an alien spaceship is gonna pick up their souls or something... brainwashing is one helluva drug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    You forgot the one about how women are mentally deficient. And yet hundreds of millions of muslim women agree with it!!! It reminds me of one of those sects committing suicide in the hundreds because they think an alien spaceship is gonna pick up their souls or something... brainwashing is one helluva drug.
    That was actually written in an hadith where Mo says "this is due to the deficiency in her intelligence". It'd be rude of me to quote a hadith in a Quran discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    That was actually written in an hadith where Mo says "this is due to the deficiency in her intelligence". It'd be rude of me to quote a hadith in a Quran discussion.
    Yes but it's still one of their top dudes who's accepted by the majority of muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    As for the article itself, it seems to be full of fallacies and strawmen and not worthy of any detailed discussion.
    :lol:
    You cannot be serious.

ReputationRep:
    bump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy97)
    Saudi Arabian cultural practices are not representative of all Muslims. There are 1.6 billion of us in the world and you chose to pick a single country of less than 30 million people to show everyone how 'backward' Muslims are.
    Yes an anti islamophobe poster has already corrected my post by pointing out that its on Saudi where women are forbidden to drive. The rest are worldwide Inshallah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadcat2)
    You're hilarious if you think that a country with a population thick enough to elect Donald Trump will prosper. And did you get stats on which countries Muslims are and aren't happy in?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.