Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamaalmoosa)
    Any mark-schemes yet?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Look in the thread next time.

ReputationRep:
    What was the centre and radius of the circle???

ReputationRep:
    4,3 and sq rt 45 for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamaalmoosa)
    Any mark-schemes yet?
    Unofficial Mark Scheme https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...c?pref=2&pli=1

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the surd question where you rationalise it

ReputationRep:
    does anyone remember what form it asked for line equations in? i think i put them in y=mx+c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student199919)
    Thank you. I was going on the right lines but I simplified -8k - -4k as -12k rather than -4k which is annoying
    That may well have been correct as for 5 and 2 to be answer, having the coefficient of K to be +/- 3 (which it would have been if you got -12K then divided by 4) is required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyp2206)
    does anyone remember what form it asked for line equations in? i think i put them in y=mx+c
    I don't think it matters as they didn't specify , I did y=mx+c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby21231)
    How many marks do you think I will get for the last question I got 18root27/12 which is equivalent to 27 but will I lose marks for not having it as a whole number? Thanks
    probably 7 out of 8? i think considering it's equivalent, you got the right answer so they might give between 7 or 8?

ReputationRep:
    the question 3 + root20 all over 3 +root5, wanted the answer in the form a +broot5. instead of putting -1/4 + 3/4 root 5,
    i put -1/4 + (3 root 5)/4. how many marks will they give? i think it was out of 4

ReputationRep:
    This is a mark scheme and questions with some worked solutions for todays paper.

Thanks to the people who helped me create this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

ReputationRep:
    the question 3 + root20 all over 3 +root5, wanted the answer in the form a +broot5. instead of putting -1/4 + 3/4 root 5,
    i put -1/4 + (3 root 5)/4. how many marks will they give? i think it was out of 4
    You'll lose 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrKillerX)
    Unofficial mark scheme with correct questions and answers-- Originated by Realforce, and credit to all helpers.https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    your mark scheme is for OCR MEI, this thread is OCR only

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help with quadratic substitution question - rushed through it and accidentally put let y=1/2x instead of y=1/4x.
    Solved the quadratic to get the values of y as 1/2 and 3 but then because of writing 1/2x i squared them to get 1/4 instead of 81 (I know - massive moment of stupidity!).
    Will i get any marks out of 5 for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slothgenius)
    100% agree. June 2015 was piss easy in comparison to this years.
    but its a cycle, next year people will be saying 'how easy the 2016 paper was why couldnt i have that'

ReputationRep:
    How many marks will I lose in q 2 for not putting it over 4?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for
    What does your answer to part i) show about the gradient of the curve at point A?

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was question 7 about point A and B?

ReputationRep:
    What do people think the grade boundaries will be ? Seen as it was a very hard paper

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! i followed all those steps but i got 2 surds as my answers rather than -2 and 5
    Hey, at least you will still get some marks for the method

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.