Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=theBranicAc;64605987]clearly you're not a good muslim[/QUOT

I'm sure a compassionate and merciful God [Ar-Rahman, Ah-Ramin] will not reject a good heart over a quibble over a bit of cloth.
    It's a pity some of His more judgemental followers don't meditate on those names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Science. How far back does your carbon dating go?
    eh? Carbon dating doesn't work on living creatures ... unless ... PC is a zombie!!?!??!?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    maybe he has a mind of a non-adult

ReputationRep:
    Science. How far back does your carbon dating go?
    Nay, age is just a number :moon:

Carbon dating can't be used on living beings because it's constantly naturally replenished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    eh? Carbon dating doesn't work on living creatures afaik... unless ... PC is zombie!!?!??!?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I definitely have the mental age of a non-adult, it's better than being a boring grown up

ReputationRep:
    eh? Carbon dating doesn't work on living creatures ... unless ... PC is a zombie!!?!??!?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Nay, age is just a number :moon:

Carbon dating can't be used on living beings because it's constantly naturally replenished.
    I agree with chemting. You're probably a mentally underdeveloped zombie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleBoobies)
    saudi arabia, the UAE, bahrain, yemen, iran, iraq, qatar, etc (and formerly afghanistan) but there is still immense pressure upon women to wear them in places like pakistan, syria, egypt, etc
    Excuse me sweetie
    I am an Egyptian living in Saudi Arabia and what are you are saying is completely wrong especially in Egypt .
    If you have no idea sweetie , no need to state them as facts and read more about them .

ReputationRep:
    Zombies would still be alive so carbon dating still wouldn't work :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Zombies would still be alive so carbon dating still wouldn't work :fyi:
    Only the brain is alive. Hence, why the body rots.

Source: TWD

ReputationRep:
    sorry doc, I think I need a second opinion

He may be a zombie, he's made out of C-13 molecules... C-12 is boring and too mainstream

also, all his H molecules are really deuterium

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saly_Elkady)
    Excuse me sweetie
    I am an Egyptian living in Saudi Arabia and what are you are saying is completely wrong especially in Egypt .
    If you have no idea sweetie , no need to state them as facts and read more about them .
    surely you're joking. you're probably resting this upon some kind of cryptic technicality about how you're technically allow to not wear the hijab in some specific area of the nation. that's not the same as it not being mandatory for the rest of the country though.

ReputationRep:
    If zombies can move then their bodies (muscles, nerves and bones) must be alive to allow this :yes:
    If so... rip off a bit off the dead meat and analyse that. Sorry but you can't go against facts from TWD .

ReputationRep:
    sorry doc, I think I need a second opinion

He may be a zombie, he's made out of C-13 molecules... C-12 is boring and too mainstream

also, all his H molecules are really deuterium
    We're full of C-13 because its natural abundance is 1.1% so you have slightly more than 1 C-13 atom for every 100 C-12 in the body

ReputationRep:
    If so... rip off a bit off the dead meat and analyse that. Sorry but you can't go against facts from TWD .
    If you rip off a bit of meat from the body then it will die, obviously. Also, the half life of C-14 is nearly 6,000 years so it is not an accurate method for something that has recently died.

ReputationRep:
    We're full of C-13 because its natural abundance is 1.1% so you have slightly more 1 C-13 atom for every 100 C-12 in the body
    Yes, but in your body its 98.9% C-13

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but in your body its 98.9% C-13
    :moon:

its 11 out of every 1000
    You can maths :lol:

ReputationRep:
    :moon:
    [spoiler]

You can maths :lol:
    Not really, I'm awful at it

you can orgo-chem ... that's far more interesting

ReputationRep:
    If you rip off a bit of meat from the body then it will die, obviously. Also, the half life of C-14 is nearly 6,000 years so it is not an accurate method for something that has recently died.
    Woah Woah... Have you never seen any zombie apocalyptic movie/tv show? Chop off it's arms and legs and the *******s will still be craving your throats!
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Woah Woah... Have you never seen any zombie apocalyptic movie/tv show? Chop off it's arms and legs and the *******s will still be craving your throats!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I was speaking about the piece of meat, that's what dies when you separate it from the body :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleBoobies)
    surely free will implies self-determinism. but if god already knows the outcome, then our actions are determined not by ourselves but by the fate of the universe which god has supposedly created, with a plan in mind. so either we *do* have free will and god *doesn't* have a divine plan or omniscience, or we don't, and he does. it wouldn't make sense otherwise. I'm not even trying to create a false-dichotomy; how can a god give us free will if he knows what we will do with it? if he has knowledge of future consequences, how is that "knowledge" if they may or may not happen via our own free will to determine these outcomes ourselves? it doesn't make sense to think that god is testing us if he is all knowing
    There are certain philosophical arguments claiming that the dilemma you're creating here is effectively a false one. A simple one is that there's a distinction between inherent omniscience and total omniscience, with inherent omniscience being that God can know anything that can be known that He chooses to know. Total omniscience is where you know everything that can be known, and as such can't choose to not know things. Some theologians will argue that God is the former, and chooses to not know the future so that human free will remains intact, for the sake of whatever test he's cooking up.

Omniscience can also be defined as knowing everything that is logically possible, and from then it can be argued that it's not logical to know future events, as they're not actual things in that they don't exist yet and you can only know of things that currently exist and have existed, or some such like.

ReputationRep:
    Take it off

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.