Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    I'm not sure I could be mates with people who wanted dictatorships. I'm sorry. Its democracy or we can't be friends.
    honestly im am so cnfused]

oh well bye bye x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    honestly im am so cnfused]

oh well bye bye x
    Its not very complicated. You have lots of people you can vote for Or if you don't like any of them you go and spoil your ballot (they are counted too).

I have no idea why that is confusing or why you can't spoil your ballot if you don't like any candidate.

The other option is a dictatorship.

In a general sense, anyone who wants the UK to be a dictatorship is the enemy of those that believe in democracy.

ReputationRep:
    Its not very complicated. You have lots of people you can vote for Or if you don't like any of them you go and spoil your ballot (they are counted too).

I have no idea why that is confusing or why you can't spoil your ballot if you don't like any candidate.

The other option is a dictatorship.

In a general sense, anyone who wants the UK to be a dictatorship is the enemy of those that believe in democracy.
    wtf... im not into all this political stuff, im more one to lock myself in my room and not come out until i am assured i will receive food for leaving my cave...im stil lagging behind in reality give me a while mate

ReputationRep:
    wtf... im not into all this political stuff, im more one to lock myself in my room and not come out until i am assured i will receive food for leaving my cave...im stil lagging behind in reality give me a while mate
    PS I guess it is complex because as a die hard democrat one should vote to leave the EU in the referendum and yet die hard democrats are actually voting YES to the EU even though that means they are voting for a dictatorship.

The EU is basically a dictatorship for large nations like UK, France, Germany and Italy because a vote in a large nation counts FAR FAR FAR less than a vote in a small nation.

This is because at the big table small nations often have the same say as a large nation.

Thus an IRISH vote can often count TEN TIMES MORE than a UK vote (not always but often) -

Even though I am passionately in favour of free movement of peoples (including refugees from Syria and Libya ) I will be voting NO to the EU.

Its democracy or death for me.

ReputationRep:
    PS I guess it is complex because as a die hard democrat one should vote to leave the EU in the referendum and yet die hard democrats are actually voting YES to the EU even though that means they are voting for a dictatorship.

The EU is basically a dictatorship for large nations like UK, France, Germany and Italy because a vote in a large nation counts FAR FAR FAR less than a vote in a small nation.

This is because at the big table small nations often have the same say as a large nation.

Thus an IRISH vote can often count TEN TIMES MORE than a UK vote (not always but often) -

Even though I am passionately in favour of free movement of peoples (including refugees from Syria and Libya ) I will be voting NO to the EU.

Its democracy or death for me.
    okayyy...good for you?... uhh...i understand but im 16, im not voting for anything for quite a while...cheers cya x

PS idk how my religion has anything to do with leaving or staying the EU

ReputationRep:
    okayyy...good for you?... uhh...i understand but im 16, im not voting for anything for quite a while...cheers cya x

PS idk how my religion has anything to do with leaving or staying the EU
    It doesn't - it was me giving you an example as to why you were right and I was wrong, democracy is complicated and complex.

I'm not sure what part of the UK you live in, but in Scotland you can vote for most things if you are 16 (Weird I know , but true).

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/registe...-lowered-to-16

I believe it would be great if 16 year olds could vote in the EU referendum. I believe you should demostrate against not having a say in this important vote that will affect your life more than anyone elses (eg 16 year olds will be here a lot longer than anyone else)

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't - it was me giving you an example as to why you were right and I was wrong, democracy is complicated and complex.

I'm not sure what part of the UK you live in, but in Scotland you can vote for most things if you are 16 (Weird I know , but true).

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/registe...-lowered-to-16
    oh okay, things are more clear, guess its the revision...

south west england is where im from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    Nevermind the media. Muhammad was proud of the violence he inflicted on others, and the first pillar of Islam requires Muslims to accept him as the messenger of Allah (as well as accepting Allah, an even more violent god).
    If this is what you believe, okay.

ReputationRep:
    You're not saying Nadiya Hussain winning the bake off was a con?

What are saying - that is almost a sin against the Great Beeb...

Say 10 hail Mary's and repent.

Nice writing with you.
    Cheers FredOrJohn
    I'm talking about the fact that a lot of the times they try to censor what people see and hold every little thing they can twist and show the entire word. That is what I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiransohail)
    I'm talking about the fact that a lot of the times they try to censor what people see and hold every little thing they can twist and show the entire word. That is what I'm talking about.
    Saudi Arabia has spent billions of building Islamic centres at most UK universities, supplying school text books, Why should anyone want that money? They are anti-democratic and anti-feminist.

In Pakistan people are killed for saying Mohammed was not nice (blasphemy laws).

In Bangledesh bloggers (that is people like me or you) are murdered if they say anti -Islam stuff.

I do not think it would be morally justifiable for UK people (including UK muslims and UK ex-muslims) to STOP criticising Islam until Islam in Pakistan, Bangledesh and Saudi Arabis gets its shiit together. For you to STOP criticising Islam as it is preached in these places (and in some mosques here) would be morally wrong.

Likewise it would be morally wrong to brush sex abuse by Catholic Priests under the carpet.
    It would also be morally wrong to ignore the Baptist Sex Murders (see ITV "The Secret").

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pakistanis recently used blasphemy law to convict 4 Muslims who took of a Sikhs turban and secondly the unfortunate event that led to ppl being murdered were not carried out by state just the local illeterates believing their feudal landlords

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saad69)
    Pakistanis recently used blasphemy law to convict 4 Muslims who took of a Sikhs turban and secondly the unfortunate event that led to ppl being murdered were not carried out by state just the local illeterates believing their feudal landlords

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Note: it is not the "local illerate" - if only it was.
    The SENIOR cleric at the biggest mosque in Glasgow..
    From BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-35893123
    "Imam Maulana Habib Ur Rehman of Glasgow Central Mosque used the messaging platform WhatsApp to show his support for Mumtaz Qadri.
    "

Imam Maulana Habib is supporting murder for people who are rude about mohammed. This is not some illerate country bumkin, this is the leader of the biggest mosque in Scotland.

You are in total denial.

ReputationRep:
    Saudi Arabia has spent billions of building Islamic centres at most UK universities, supplying school text books, Why should anyone want that money? They are anti-democratic and anti-feminist.

In Pakistan people are killed for saying Mohammed was not nice (blasphemy laws).

In Bangledesh bloggers (that is people like me or you) are murdered if they say anti -Islam stuff.

I do not think it would be morally justifiable for UK people (including UK muslims and UK ex-muslims) to STOP criticising Islam until Islam in Pakistan, Bangledesh and Saudi Arabis gets its shiit together. For you to STOP criticising Islam as it is preached in these places (and in some mosques here) would be morally wrong.

Likewise it would be morally wrong to brush sex abuse by Catholic Priests under the carpet.
    It would also be morally wrong to ignore the Baptist Sex Murders (see ITV "The Secret".
    I'm not saying that every single person who claims they are doing something as a Muslim or in the name of Islam is right. In fact, that's exactly what I'm trying to say (that they're not always right). There are people like extremists who claim they behead people in the name of Islam just because they don't believe in the Qur'an and Islam or like Malala Yousafzai, tried to get women's education and they try to kill them or eliminate them because they think it's right, so why is it that every time people hear the word terrorists and think Muslims, or why is it that when people think of Islam, they automatically think of terrorists. Does the action of certain individuals actually tell you the truth of a religion? It's supposed to. We're supposed to be good examples of our religion but we're not. If a Christian went around shooting several people and claiming he was doing it in the name of God or Christianity, would you think that all Christians were evil and believed in violence? The KKK believed that Blacks should be eliminated, so do all Whites believe in White Supremacy and blacks as inferior and unworthy of living? No. So why is this the case with Muslims? We literally are against terrorism and terrorists. They claim they are us but why would they be us if they are fighting us?

ReputationRep:
    You are also in denial who executed qadri? The state of Pakistan DAMN RIGHT so don't blame the whole nation for a rather small group of extremists you have extremists in your place too but they have been overpowered by the state same is going on in Pakistan the state is taking strict action against extremists ( Google operation zarb-e-azb for more info on the action against extremists )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are also in denial who executed qadri? The state of Pakistan DAMN RIGHT so don't blame the whole nation for a rather small group of extremists you have extremists in your place too but they have been overpowered by the state same is going on in Pakistan the state is taking strict action against extremists ( Google operation zarb-e-azb for more info on the action against extremists )

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Imam Maulana Habib Ur Rehman of Glasgow Central Mosque used the messaging platform WhatsApp to show his support for Mumtaz Qadri.
    "

The Imam from the largest Mosque in Glasgow supports the guy who murdered the anti-blasphemy politician.

Khan (the mayor of London) has not been threatened with death by Trump supporters, it is from the ranks of muslim supporters

I know you are finding it difficult but you have to let people criticise the entire moslem religion in the exact same way people criticise the entire christian religion or other religion.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my opinion, no military operations against "extremists" will come to any long term fruition unless there is significant madrasa reform in Pakistan.

ReputationRep:

It would also be morally wrong to ignore the Baptist Sex Murders (see ITV "The Secret".
    It would be much easier for Saudi Arabia to get its **** together if USA broke allies and stopped going after its cheap oil.

ReputationRep:
    Not really Saudis own a lot of us assets and claimed they would sell them off and destabilise the us economy if threatened

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There are people who have the wrong intentions (that want bad for others) and people who have the right (want good for others) in every country on the this planet where there are humans.......

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.