Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by queen-bee)
    is it permissible tho?
    what muslims are meant to do is like is like meet up with girl and her father/bro/guardian and they then ask each other questions to see if theyre suitable etc

It aint dating like how non muslims do it.

(Original post by Hydeman)
    So, what, you basically talk to your spouse for the first time on your wedding night?

I doubt anyone would respond, given my reputation as an 'Islamophobe.' Perhaps it's time for me to consult IslamQA.
    perhaps not
    random stuff online is not always truthful.

(Original post by Josb)
    I don't think that drinking tea under the supervision of relatives can be considered "dating".
    they get to talk without the supervision of relatives.

also texting/whatsapp lol.
    this is if it's arranged.

I mean if you end up marrying a guy you're already friends with... well then you've gotten to know him the conventional way.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    perhaps not
    random stuff online is not always truthful.
    It was tongue-in-cheek; champ_mc99 knows what that was in reference to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickierose21)
    No Christians and jews believe in GOD as that's why it they'll make it to heaven.

And it also says it is permissible to eat from people of the scripture. And it is permissible to marry people of the scripture. And btw islam is not just practiced by muslims. It's practiced by all three faiths as islam is simply submission to GOD basically monotheism...

Christians and Jews are not idolaters. Hindus are idolators. And we're not allowed to do a lot of things with hindus including marriage food etc. But they are vegetarians anyway so that in itself goes against our faith. As it's not permissible to forbid a food that is not made forbidden to us in the Quran.. But Jews and Christians are people of the scripture not Idolaters. And it is said they will make it to heaven if they are righteous. They are equal to Muslims. There are different roads rome but not all roads lead to rome. That's the belief when it comes to other faiths.

this explains further what islam is.
    http://www.quran-islam.org/introduction_(P1122).html

next time speak in English it seemed like you were quoting a hadith.

this explains the people of scripture. It includes the Jews and Christians.

http://www.quran-islam.org/main_topi...e_(P1189).html
    u do know that Christians worship jesus idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saeed9724)
    It is also encouarged in islam that if you commit a major sin i.e. pre marital sex it is best to keep that a secret and repent for your mistakes for God is the most merciful. This attitude of yours stinks.
    ur only forgiven if u dont repeat it and u have to mean it as well, ur not just forgiven like that than there is no point of judgement day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akeel1001)
    u do know that Christians worship jesus idiot
    And you practically worship Mo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    na in salah i say allahs name thank you

ReputationRep:
    You say Mo's name too, as if he's on the same level as Allah.

ReputationRep:
    Christians don't necessarily believe Jesus is God.
    Some may, a lot don't.
    They believe in the Trinity however.

Ya akeel, go study, mama and baba won't be happy about you procrastinating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Some may, a lot don't.

it is the same thing idiot

ReputationRep:
    na we dont u just made that up that means u dont even know a think about islam and gain knowledge and come back

we say prophets name at the end but not worshipping him we say along the lines

Oh Allah, send grace and honour on Muhammad and on the family and true followers of Muhammad just as you sent Grace and Honour on Ibrahim and on the family and true followers of Ibrahim. Surely, you are praiseworthy, the Great. Oh Allah, send your blessings on Muhammad and the true followers of Muhammad, just as you sent blessings on Ibrahim and his true followers. Surely, you are Most Praiseworthy, the Exalted.

we worship as we say from the start

Allaahu Akbar (Allah is the greatest!)

Glory be to You, O Allah, and all praises are due unto You, and blessed is Your name and high is Your majesty and none is worthy of worship but You.

so ur logic is flawed. muslims in salah do we say we woship u prophet mohammad? please give me ur version if u wanna win this debate please

No we don't lol, how uneducated.

(Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Some may, a lot don't.

Correct me if I'm wrong but
    The trinity exists in that if one of the three eg Jesus was removed there would be no god.

No if a Muslim said the prophets name on the same level of Allah that takes you out of the fold of Islam because it's shirk.

We don't say the prophet is "part" of God in any way, he's gods beloved.

Also you can't pray to any prophet even in duah.

ReputationRep:
    na we dont u just made that up that means u dont even know a think about islam and gain knowledge and come back

so ur logic is flawed. muslims in salah do we say we woship u prophet mohammad? please give me ur version if u wanna win this debate please
    Learn to write.

(Original post by Josb)
    Learn to write.
    PRSOM. :sneakydevil:

ReputationRep:
    No we don't lol, how uneducated.

we say prophets name at the end but not worshipping him we say along the lines

Oh Allah, send grace and honour on Muhammad and on the family and true followers of Muhammad just as you sent Grace and Honour on Ibrahim and on the family and true followers of Ibrahim. Surely, you are praiseworthy, the Great. Oh Allah, send your blessings on Muhammad and the true followers of Muhammad, just as you sent blessings on Ibrahim and his true followers. Surely, you are Most Praiseworthy, the Exalted.

we worship as we say from the start

Allaahu Akbar (Allah is the greatest!)

Glory be to You, O Allah, and all praises are due unto You, and blessed is Your name and high is Your majesty and none is worthy of worship but You.

No if a Muslim said the prophets name on the same level of Allah that takes you out of the fold of Islam because it's shirk.

We don't say the prophet is "part" of God in any way, he's gods beloved.

Also you can't pray to any prophet even in duah.
    The point being made was that if all Christians 'worship' Jesus then Muslims are no different as they place Mo on a pedestal as if he is superior to everyone else. If you did not, then you wouldn't feel the need to mention him in all of your prayers. But you do. Mo is everywhere just like Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    The point being made was that if all Christians 'worship' Jesus then Muslims are no different as they place Mo on a pedestal as if he is superior to everyone else. If you did not, then you wouldn't feel the need to mention him in all of your prayers. But you do. Mo is everywhere just like Jesus.
    You guys done arguing about a very obvious and sharp point?

(Original post by pinkrox22310)
    Muslim girls can't date. Its a religious thing let me explain it to you we believe that sex should be left till after marriage and that love and affection should be between the guy that has promised to marry you.
    Its less of a hassle for example you get pregnant with your boyfriend and he leaves it causes issues and we just try to avoid that.

Now yes, Many Muslim girls date but this is the 21st century they kinda do what they want but its still not right in Islam.
    BTW, Okay we are not allowed to date ANY GUY no matter if he's muslim or not its forbidden
    not only Muslims girls, Muslim boys as well

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.