Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the sketch the curve question, who got y=8 and then got an upside down 'U' shape ?

ReputationRep:
    I recently made a new thread with an updated mark scheme if you lot could add to it, it will be finished soon

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4095491

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    For the sketch the curve question, who got y=8 and then got an upside down 'U' shape ?
    I did

ReputationRep:
    Reckon i have 58-60 depending on boundaries, is this enough for a B anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    Yeah you should've gotten that shape as the equation was -x^2 and I can't remember the equation but I remember that it was 8-the rest so the y-intercept should've been y=8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    That should be a B. Normally an A would be around the 63-65+ mark so you should have a strong B .

ReputationRep:
    Question that's really making me anxious

(8) marks total for the intigration between 1 and -2, including the overall area. I got the method correct however I added wrong to get 107/4 rather than 81/4. If I had the correct method how would this affect me out of the 5 marks?

Also the next 3 marks I used the right method and found the area of the triangle.. Would I get the full 3 marks for using my answer to the previous 5 marks or would I still drop even more marks?
    Please be honest

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by df97)
    Think I got k<-3/2 and k>6
    can anyone remember the actual quadratic we had to factorise for that question as defo got -3/2 but cant remember the other number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Could be - probably borderline...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laur a)
    can anyone remember the actual quadratic we had to factorise for that question as defo got -3/2 but cant remember the other number
    (2x-3)(x+6)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittyKat97x)
    (3root5)^2 is 45 right? My mind went so blank 😂
    Yer because its (3)^2 x (root5)^2
    They try and trick people into expanding it as if it was (3+root5)^2

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for the radius? I got square root of 34.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarlius)
    Question that's really making me anxious

(8) marks total for the intigration between 1 and -2, including the overall area. I got the method correct however I added wrong to get 107/4 rather than 81/4. If I had the correct method how would this affect me out of the 5 marks?

Also the next 3 marks I used the right method and found the area of the triangle.. Would I get the full 3 marks for using my answer to the previous 5 marks or would I still drop even more marks?
    Please be honest

Thanks x
    Hmm, minus one or two for an addition error. If you got that the triangle = 9 I expect you get an ECF for the area, so just one or two less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyrevise)
    What did you get for the radius? I got the square root of 34.
    No, sorry it was √65.

You can do this by substituting the values for A into (x-5)^2 + (y-3)^2 = k or with Pythagoras.

See the image below.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Wait I'm confused why is everyone getting inequalities for the value of k? It said the line was a tangent to the curve therefore the discriminant would be equal to 0. Therefore you just work out k by factorising. I don't know who's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtjtim)
    No, sorry it was √65.

You can do this by substituting the values for A into (x-5)^2 + (y-3)^2 = k or with Pythagoras.

See the image below.
    Ok thank you. Seems obvious now

ReputationRep:
    No, sorry it was √65.

See the image below.
    (X-5)^2 - 25 + (Y+3)^2 -9 = radius

(x-5)^2 + (y+3)^2 -34 = radius

(x-5)^2 + (y+3)^2 = 34

Radius = ROOOOOOOT 34 BRUV

ReputationRep:
    I got the wrong answer for the area for the shaded region as I intergrated the y=-32x-40 instead of doing the triangle thing, will I lose all the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyrevise)
    Wait I'm confused why is everyone getting inequalities for the value of k? It said the line was a tangent to the curve therefore the discriminant would be equal to 0. Therefore you just work out k by factorising. I don't know who's right.
    I think you're getting confused with the last question? One was just factorising (I think it was 20 and 4), the other was inequalities (k>6 and -3/2>k).

ReputationRep:
    (3√5)^2 + √5 over 7-3√5
    it was 7+....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.