The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 2 - 25th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alkaline.
honestly I think I GOT LIKE 55/75.....
**** my entire life.

i think I got near perfect on c1 (As expected) but *if* I get near perfect on stats do you still think overall I can get an A?

55 would be around 70 ums plus 100 ums from C1 is 170 ums
240-170=70

It's possible with a low B, just make sure you get at least A in stats and no reason why you shouldn't get A overall
I got like 52.. marks. and just clinched a B in core 1.. i think.. kinda feel low as hell at the minute.. i am in A2 as well so this is resits, i cant muster up the confidence for C3 and C4 at the minute.. :frown:
Original post by rubyobrien
Anyone get -1648 as the coefficient of x^10?

It rings a bell! Got around that
Original post by tsr1807
I thought the transformation question was a stretch with scale factor 25 damn

Yeahhh me too....
Original post by SunDun111
I got like 52.. marks. and just clinched a B in core 1.. i think.. kinda feel low as hell at the minute.. i am in A2 as well so this is resits, i cant muster up the confidence for C3 and C4 at the minute.. :frown:

Please don't worry I resat Core 2 today, and I found it equally as awful. Don't just rely on the unofficial mark schemes because we can't be sure how many marks are method etc. Don't give up!😊 I feel exactly the same.
Original post by Marijavore
1b is -2 mate

sorry who are you again?
Original post by bethey180
Please don't worry I resat Core 2 today, and I found it equally as awful. Don't just rely on the unofficial mark schemes because we can't be sure how many marks are method etc. Don't give up!😊 I feel exactly the same.

its just so bloody frustrating, i gave it everything i revised well over 2 months before the exam and did every question in the book, yet im prone to so many daft mistakes.
Original post by SunDun111
its just so bloody frustrating, i gave it everything i revised well over 2 months before the exam and did every question in the book, yet im prone to so many daft mistakes.

I feel you
Challenging exam but very doable
Original post by MotorboatMyGoat
55 would be around 70 ums plus 100 ums from C1 is 170 ums
240-170=70

It's possible with a low B, just make sure you get at least A in stats and no reason why you shouldn't get A overall

How about 66 in C1 and around 61-63 in C2? Is an A still likely?
Original post by tajtsracc

Hope so, I got around 63 in C1 and probably 66 in this one.
Original post by tajtsracc

Yeah definitely, just one more A in your other module and that's an A overall.
Original post by MotorboatMyGoat
Yeah definitely, just one more A in your other module and that's an A overall.

I hope you're right lol Don't really want to have to resit next year. Guess it depends on the grade boundaries since I'm borderline A/B on both papers and I'd hate it if I were a mark or two off an A for both.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jackpriceburns
9 a) was 3^(m/2 -6n) :tongue:

Do you know what the question was? I feel like I got m/2 -3n and I'm not sure how
Original post by CirclesAreRound
Perimeter was 13.8 to 3.s.f

Note premature rounding may have skewed accuracy

r=√(19.9/0.586) = 5.82743892

Side 1→ 9 5.82743892 = 3.17256108
Side 2 8 5.82743892 = 2.17256108
Arc Length = = 3.414879207
Unaffected length of 5

Perimeter = [Side 1] + [Side 2] + [Arc Length] + [Unaffected Length]

Perimeter = 13.76000137

To 3 s.f = 13.8

How many marks would I get for working out the perimeter of the sector instead of the shaded region? Such a stupid mistake:frown:
Reply 275
yeah I put pi too
10 for effort don't put urself down!!
Original post by Alfie Oliver
Did anyone else get the binomial expansion answer as something like -1000 something it was like -1280 idk tho something around there?

Think the answer was -1648
Original post by BenAtkinson
Updated - Unofficial Mark Scheme.

Made a few errors so here it is:

1. b) a=-2
2. b) x=-0.861
c) reflection in y-axis
3. a) 3x^-1/2 - 1
b) y=6
c) y + 2x = 13
d) k = 5.5
4. b) d = -2, a = 28
c) Sum to 21 - sum to 3. Can't remember exact.
5. b) area = 19.9
c) perimeter = 13.8 (something like that)
6. a) 65.6
b) i) translation (0,5)
ii) stretch in X-direction 1/3 sf
7. b) -1648
8. b) can't remember! Tan(X) = 1 and tan(X) =-5/4
c) lowest = 2, when theta = pi
9. a) c^(m/2 -6n)
b) X = 5/2

Posted from TSR Mobile

For 4)c) I believe it was just the sum formula by using n=18 (21-4+1) and since you know the first value "a" and the difference "d" you can just plug it into the formula
S18=18/2 times 2a...? Could be wrong but going with it
Original post by lastminuterush
How many marks would I get for working out the perimeter of the sector instead of the shaded region? Such a stupid mistake:frown:

I'm sorry for my generic reply but it really does depend on what you worked out and did or did not do.

For that specific 6 mark questions I expect the marks to be divided into:

M4
B1
A1

Thereby divided into:

½r^2θ = ½absinC ½r^2θ r^2(θ) = ½absinC –M1

r= √(½absinC/θ) {No loss of accuracy i.e. no participation in premature rounding} M1

Note μ , δ and σ represent a candidate's answer
9 r = μ
8 r = δ

For the above B1

= σ M1

Perimeter = μ + δ + σ + 5 M1

Perimeter to 3 significant figures A1

That's how I believe the marks will be split, of course they are my interpretation of the distribution of marks [Which I'm pretty confident about but of course not entirely sure]

You can judge from above how many marks you may have gained/lost. But please, please, please take it with a pinch of salt.

You have one more Maths exam left and you should not let yourself be downhearted about what may have happened today. Continue to revise, smash that applied module and results day may not be as bad as you may think. Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending