Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    does goldman hire on a rolling basis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econibpe)
    does goldman hire on a rolling basis?
    I believe they are this year, yes. Although I'm doubtful they'll give out any first round interviews before September.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any experiences with Dartmouth Partners? What are their 10 minute maths test and hour long interview processes like for the private equity/hedge fund schemes? Do you remember what you were asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewtoIB123)
    Has anyone had any experiences with Dartmouth Partners? What are their 10 minute maths test and hour long interview processes like for the private equity/hedge fund schemes? Do you remember what you were asked?
    Sorry I do not know the answer to either of your questions, but I find this interesting and just want to clarify - are you going through a recruiter to get an internship? If yes, which recruiters are good for IBD internships in London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_sp12)
    Sorry I do not know the answer to either of your questions, but I find this interesting and just want to clarify - are you going through a recruiter to get an internship? If yes, which recruiters are good for IBD internships in London?
    Dartmouth + freshminds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Dartmouth + freshminds

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. I assume it is mainly boutique?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I assume it is mainly boutique?
    Yeah, elite boutiques mainly and the odd buyside (PE/HF/VC) summer intern position

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Yeah, elite boutiques mainly and the odd buyside (PE/HF/VC) summer intern position

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Great, thanks!
    As PrincePieMan said, I don't think either of them would be much use for Bulge Bracket IBD positions. They're mainly buy-side focused.

ReputationRep:
    Is open university a target uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, no.
    I've never even heard of it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say it's right up there with LSE

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys recommend applying to GS now or waiting till September and being better prepared for it? How much would waiting for a month affect my chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)
    Do you guys recommend applying to GS now or waiting till September and being better prepared for it? How much would waiting for a month affect my chances?

End of August to very early Sept is a good window

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)
    I'm waiting. I believe they have opened it earlier to give candidates a longer period to prepare / apply rather than rushing it. I'm very doubtful they're going to give out interviews before the end of August at the earliest.

ReputationRep:
    I just submitted my application for GS. Honestly I can't find any reasons to wait. In late August/early September "everyone" has opened their application process, hence it seems smart to do them as fast as possible, eliminating the risk of having to submit 20+ applications in 2 weeks... But that's just my opinion. I don't think it really matters that much if you apply now or in early September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingSweden)
    I just submitted my application for GS. Honestly I can't find any reasons to wait. In late August/early September "everyone" has opened their application process, hence it seems smart to do them as fast as possible, eliminating the risk of having to submit 20+ applications in 2 weeks... But that's just my opinion. I don't think it really matters that much if you apply now or in early September.
    Yeah, I was going to qualify what I said with: if you don't have much planned and aren't going to add anything new to your CV, you may as well apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    I'm waiting. I believe they have opened it earlier to give candidates a longer period to prepare / apply rather than rushing it. I'm very doubtful they're going to give out interviews before the end of August at the earliest.
    Yeah, also I think people who are really confident and have been waiting eagerly would apply the earliest. So good/bad application ratio would be really high right now but would keep falling as the deadline approaches, making it easier to stand out. But then, fewer and fewer seats would be left as deadline approaches, so I don't know. I know I'm overthinking this

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not I'm afraid. Ignore PrincePieChump, a known sneering loser on these forums. :lol:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.