Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SalazarSlytherin)
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julesaquilina)
    I mentioned about the area being pi r^2 but then i crossed it outtttt, and i spoke about weighing the cylinder on a balance and multiplying by 9.81 for the force
    Couldnt you you use a newton meter? To measure the weight of the cylinder

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How are you supposed to get the density of the cylinder? I got really confused, not knowing which mass to use where, and not knowing the volume

ReputationRep:
    Fell free to contribute to the unofficial markscheme.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

ReputationRep:
    I did exactly the same as you and got 6.75, and had no idea why it didnt match any of the answers, so ended up putting 12mW fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Possibly, i also spoke about the area of the table but i think i shouldnt have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I considered it, but thought it was a bit cheeky considering the diagram in the next question :P

ReputationRep:
    How was it the momentum time graph? Fairly sure it was the accerleration time graph, since only acceleration could be zero out of the four if the ball was moving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelash)
    How are you supposed to get the density of the cylinder? I got really confused, not knowing which mass to use where, and not knowing the volume
    I used the weight of the cylinder/9.81=mass of the cyclinder

then I took the difference between the two newton meter readings = the upthrust on the cylider = Apgh

deduced h from that. Used H and A to find the volume

Mass/Volume = density.

Anyone else do it like this? answer I got was around 750

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeh

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sddsfsdafs;65109861]How was it the momentum time graph? Fairly sure it was the accerleration time graph, since only acceleration could be zero out of the four if the ball was moving.[/QUOTIf it was momentum the momentum would not decrease at all so it must be acceperation as F=ma so they are identicall and directly proportional

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to do an unofficial mark scheme?

Also what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viktorh)

then I took the difference between the two newton meter readings = the upthrust on the cylider = Apgh

Mass/Volume = density.

I did the first 2 steps what you said and half of the 3rd step, do you think I can get a mark or 2?

ReputationRep:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

APOLIGIES Can edit the unoffical mark scheme now.

ReputationRep:
    On the whole, how did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viktorh)

Mass/Volume = density.

ah yeah makes sense. Exam stress got to me

ReputationRep:
    i made a error whilst working out the velocity of the atom. Like i forgot to put negative velocity because it changed direction. I believe it was 4 marks how many would i loose considering everything else was consistent?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it was momentum time graph because the gradient was Ft, which is change in momentum(impulse), so a momentum time graph would have the same gradient.

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the drift velocity of the electrons I got some crazy answer of 10^7 but couldn't see where I went wrong?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.