Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylanstickland)
    What did everyone put for the animal indicator? I put lichen and that it determines level of sulphur dioxide in the air but apparently a lichen is a fungus and not an animal... Would I still get either of the marks?
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    for the making the mosquitoes genetically modified:

The useful gene is cut out using enzymes and then inserted into the male mosquito at an early stage of development. The new gene will continue to develop as the mosquito grows??
    Um basically yes I don't think you need the last sentence. I wrote a bit at the end how the gene will be expressed if dominant which I didn't need eithrt

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lets start predicting for c1 guyss comeon

ReputationRep:
    Someone make a proper unofficial thread :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M451)
    0.67% I'm pretty sure
    me being an idiot multiplied it by 100 again!

ReputationRep:
    For the one about the boys and girls drinking alcohol, it specifically said to compare the type of alcoholic drink but people are saying they compared how much boys drank compared to girls? Did anyone just say that wine is the least consumed drink, beer,cider and larger were the most, and the others had a similar average?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usernametobe)
    Make sure you're up to date on circle theorems

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the making the mosquitoes genetically modified:

The useful gene is cut out using enzymes and then inserted into the male mosquito at an early stage of development. The new gene will continue to develop as the mosquito grows??
    That's what I put! The removal of the useful gene is gene splicing right?

ReputationRep:
    do not trust anyone on here all their b1 predictions were wrong

ReputationRep:
    I think it was about variation and natural selection. Are you talking about the 4 mark question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obnox)
    I said that the dark shells were used for camouflage from predators
    Yeah I said that too

ReputationRep:
    For the one about the boys and girls drinking alcohol, it specifically said to compare the type of alcoholic drink but people are saying they compared how much boys drank compared to girls? Did anyone just say that wine is the least consumed drink, beer,cider and larger were the most, and the others had a similar average?
    I'm relatively sure it mentioned boys and girls in the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliej2802)
    Anyone else get 0.67%???
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about taste as it had said "type"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeeb_00)
    Um basically yes I don't think you need the last sentence. I wrote a bit at the end how the gene will be expressed if dominant which I didn't need eithrt

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is no dominant gene, it's dominant allele. I'm afraid you might lose mark for talking about dominant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Examslol)
    I think it was about variation and natural selection. Are you talking about the 4 mark question?
    What question was on about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i did both
    Talked about how girls were more common in drinking alchol overall and then said how beer,cider and larger were the most used

ReputationRep:
    All I know is that if we get the same style of exams like this for our Chem and Phy, where they don't even mention any main topics and give stupidly worded questions. We are f**ked

ReputationRep:
    nothing on the spec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAJI_15)
    Yeah. I think the answer was just 6% since it would have made more sense when we looked at the two numbers of people that had malaria and those that died
    2X10^6/3X10^8 X100 is 0.67%

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.