Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arisole)
    Physics: forgot to convert units for 2 different questions...
    on the mark scheme it may allow if its wrote as a decimal, i made the same mistake, i wrote 0.34 instead of 340 and i knew i was meant to do it but i never :/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    well this isn't my mistake or choice, whatever you want to call it, but this boy in my geography told my teacher he didnt want to go to the exam that day because it was his birthday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _mk)
    on the mark scheme it may allow if its wrote as a decimal, i made the same mistake, i wrote 0.34 instead of 340 and i knew i was meant to do it but i never :/
    I hope so lol, it's so frustrating because I literally realised just after I handed the paper in -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Who is Steve Jobs?
    If you got the name wrong, but said the business, they will give you 2 marks for both answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    on my french mock the question asked ''why was the baby in the article injured?'' and i saw ''soeur'' and ''balcon'' and i didnt understand any more so i said the sister pushed it off the balcony. still got an A though HA
    Lol! In one of my french last papers there was a question about guide dogs. It asked for things that the dog could do, and one of the acceptable answers was 'bring the phone to the owner'. The amount of people who put 'answer the phone' was actually quite something!

ReputationRep:
    I once said that the highest common factor of 48 and 42 is 7..

ReputationRep:
    In geography last year I left a six marker to come back to at the end and forgot all about it, even though I had 5 minutes when I could have done it. So I ended up getting an A, and I was only a couple of raw marks off an A*...

ReputationRep:
    In my GCSE further maths test I pretty much differerniated to many times and it was horrible got a C. Sad times

ReputationRep:
    What do we call the science of classifying all living things?

Racism.

ReputationRep:
    in my maths exam a few days ago I had like 2 minutes to answer a 5 mark question so i started panicking

Time was up by the time i put pen on paper so i had to duck down and estimate the answer I estimated writing 50 or 55 so i ended up writing 50

when i went home the answer was 55....fml
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Talking to a stupid boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milliemerlin)
    In geography last year I left a six marker to come back to at the end and forgot all about it, even though I had 5 minutes when I could have done it. So I ended up getting an A, and I was only a couple of raw marks off an A*...
    Something similar happened to me. I missed a question in my history exam thinking I still had time at the end. Ended up completely forgetting about it up until the last two minutes where I wrote a line. I got a mark for that line but I was one mark off an A*! If I had answered that question I would have gotten a much better grade overall. It's incredibly pisstaking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths exam last week...130+30 is now 180

ReputationRep:
    Start of the year Geography mock exam, I guessed the answer to 'why does a river erode?'
    The fish don't have enough food so they eat the river banks. The more starved fish, the more the river erodes. I got named and shamed!

ReputationRep:
    Not my GCSE exam, but in my AS geography exam, I wrote tsunamis caused earthquakes -_-

ReputationRep:
    I have done some mistakes for example couldn't believe fluoroacetate would stop the TCA cycle by merely inhibiting aconitase. Therefore I thought harder than necessary ending up with a wrong answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTown)
    Start of the year Geography mock exam, I guessed the answer to 'why does a river erode?'
    The fish don't have enough food so they eat the river banks. The more starved fish, the more the river erodes. I got named and shamed!
    Omg that's hilarious!!😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    Did all the working in a computing exam correctly for a stupid, simple binary question.

Accidentally missed off one of the 0s in the answer box.

Examiner was not generous.

Cost me the A*.
    Wow, what a **** that examiner was!

ReputationRep:
    Forgetting to write about Anthony Flew in regards to religious language in A2 philosophy. I realised whilst doing the ethics paper......Not a fun time to be alive haha.

in my GCSE Spanish exam it said "write your answers in ENGLISH" in bold aswell and i wrote them all in Spanish ;-; lost 8 marks lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.