Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=toms4242;64954109]
    (Original post by Daniaaburass)

Carbon monoxide would be incorrect as it is a gas, and therefore not visible on the bottom of the beaker. However if you have referred to incomplete/partial combustion in your explanation then you will probably get a mark.
    Oh
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srmed)
    Was the two conditions for cracking: high temperature and hot catalyst

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would I get the marks for 60 degrees and nickel catalyst?

-doesn't matter that's hydrogenation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rawfearplasma)
    For Q2 was the answer not just copper?
    No, it was testing knowledge on the lime cycle but using a different metal. When calcium carbonate is thermally decomposed it forms calcium oxide and carbon dioxide so it's the same but with copper instead of calcium

ReputationRep:
    In the first question it was: name the sub-atomic particles in 'X' (which only referred to the nucleus of the atom).
    Therefore it would be proton (+1) and neutron (0).

ReputationRep:
    Man. To be honest I underestimated both Biology and Chemistry unit 1 papers.
    Luckily (I think ..) based on the unofficial mark scheme I got around 39-42 in biology, so let's just say I got an average of 40 marks.
    However with chemistry?! I got around 32-36 marks, I did terribly bad, that's an average of 34 marks .. I'm predicted A for both sciences, and both my coursework are A*s. I wanna get As for both but I'd love an A*, I'm trying my hardest to get at least high As/ low A*s in both units 2&3.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollieT3)
    Would I get the marks for 60 degrees and nickel catalyst?
    That's for hydrogenation of oils not cracking

ReputationRep:
    What is an A* likely to be

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy... Does anyone know what grade boundaries would be ?
    And is it still possible to get an a* if I got a B for the Chem coursework ??

ReputationRep:
    What a beautiful paper

ReputationRep:
    Well this was better that b1

ReputationRep:
    Do they deduct marks for incorrect or irrelevant information? For example the last question I talked about the nickel catalyst at 60 degrees with hydrogen, but I also went off on a tangent about partially hydrogenated oils being unhealthy? In instances like these, would I get minus marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahahah191)
    last year it was 50, and i thought this paper was easier. however i do think it would be cruel for any higher than this, so i predict 50

ReputationRep:
    for the 5 marker i did the explain bit only because i didnt read the question properly, could you have said partial hydrogenation and stuff and get marks? this mark sheme doesn't give alternatives. I didn't say how hydrogenation works but i mentioned loads of benefits, how many marks would i get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahahah191)
    Ngl I reckon it will be a 50/52+ for an a* maybe a 42+ for an a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tevya19)
    Heyyy... Does anyone know what grade boundaries would be ?
    And is it still possible to get an a* if I got a B for the Chem coursework ??
    Hey,
    I'm not an expert but I think you could get an A* if you get A*s for all your units, but really high though.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esmeeclaire)
    Do they deduct marks for incorrect or irrelevant information? For example the last question I talked about the nickel catalyst at 60 degrees with hydrogen, but I also went off on a tangent about partially hydrogenated oils being unhealthy? In instances like these, would I get minus marks?
    You wouldnt get minus marks but it's asking for benefits of the hydrogenated oil and if you said it was unhealthy that is a disadvantage. If you stated the right conditions and reaction with hydrogen you will probably get 2 or 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigail_lions)
    I can't remember being asked to draw the electronic structure on the first question help!!!
    I accidentally skipped it out . I think it was only one mark though

ReputationRep:
    For the question about making the experiment more accurate, would having the spirit burner in a container inside the conical flask so that the water was surrounding the spirit burner, reducing the amount of heat is lost to the surrounding award any marks at all?

ReputationRep:
    In the textbook the example given is copper sulfide ? Im confused

ReputationRep:
    who else found this hard?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.