Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    guys i forgot to tick the boxes for the sections i done!! does anyone know what will happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollyql_27)
    Guys how did you answer the 'Design a field experiment.' question?? I kind of used the same method as Yarmey did?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did as well, basically use a questionnaire and photo line up after a person steals a phone and the researcher approaches the participants. Use standardised questions. Operationalise with number of correct answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenfoot)
    guys i forgot to tick the boxes for the sections i done!! does anyone know what will happen?
    It doesn't matter, as long as they can see you've written on the first page and only filled in 2 sections, it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i don't think they will mark that section i also forgot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkofaneyee)
    When you're describing Genie, what points did you guys included?? i feel like i know it but i missed out points

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Genie
    Only had a few wooden toys
    callace formed as she was strapped to potty chair
    Hit by her father for trying to talk
    Brother fed her baby food
    Strapped to sleeping bag at night
    Found aged 13 when her mother escaped and took her to social services
    Iq was about 40 when found, stunted walk, merely made noises and scared of adults - extremely malnourished
    Underwent vigorous cognitive, physiological and social testing e.g. Iq tests
    She was fostered by a psychologist
    Showed some signs of reversibility - developed little words but could never structure a coherent sentence but showed signs of developing an attachment with psychologist
    Condition regressed when put back in foster care

Hopefully that gets me 6/6 for A01

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to do that as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychemma)
    I treated the criminal 12 marker like 2 six mark questions? Not sure if that's right
    (Original post by Hann11)
    Same i did 2 different explanations but didn't explicitly make comparisons for the 12 marker. Was that right?
    (Original post by Julieplec)
    Yeah I did:
    Describe + evaluate SLT
    describe + evaluate SFP

you didn't really have to evaluate but I had 15 minutes left so thought why not haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ??? I'm 100% sure it said describe how SLT would explain it, then compare this explanation to one other, not describe or evaluate

(Original post by psychemma)
    Oh I did 6 marks on describing social learning theory as an explanation for the stealing cars thing then 6 marks comparing SLT & SFP, I'm sure what you did is fine!!
    (Original post by peterwg33)
    I interpreted the criminal 12 marker to state that you're meant to describe how SLT explains the car thieving behaviour and then just generically compare SLT to another theory - no evaluation or anything like that. I'm worried I did it wrong now lol
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileystringer1)
    ??? I'm 100% sure it said describe how SLT would explain it, then compare this explanation to one other, not describe or evaluate

Same
    I know I'm saying I did describe both of them but i included evaluation because I had time, I'm not going to lose marks for including more information lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm saying I did describe both of them but i included evaluation because I had time, I'm not going to lose marks for including more information lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How come you described SFP?

ReputationRep:
    My 12 marker was all over the place, I described both SLT and Personality Theory in relation to Nicole and her "luxury sports cars" (I dunno why but that question made me laugh), then made comparison points (similarities and differences) AND then evaluated both briefly

I really panicked hahah so I just put everything in there to be safe. would that matter?

ReputationRep:
    How come you described SFP?
    Because it said compare social learning theory with one other explanation of criminal behaviour

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyPlatypus)
    My 12 marker was all over the place, I described both SLT and Personality Theory in relation to Nicole and her "luxury sports cars" (I dunno why but that question made me laugh), then made comparison points (similarities and differences) AND then evaluated both briefly

I really panicked hahah so I just put everything in there to be safe. would that matter?
    Nope you described both so you'd get the marks for that and you won't lose marks for including more information

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because it said compare social learning theory with one other explanation of criminal behaviour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But it says compare, not "now describe another one"
    Im confused

ReputationRep:
    Im confused
    It was something like 'describe Nicole's behaviour using social learning theory compared to another explanation of criminal behaviour'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im confused
    It was a really badly worded question, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm sure loads of people across the country have interpreted it differently

ReputationRep:
    The first 6 marks was discribe SLT in relation to Nicole stealing cars. This includes, what slt is, modelling process, vicarious reinforcement, role of reinforcement from role models.

Then the other 6 marks was comparing SLT to atleast one other explanation. I put Self-fulfilling prophecy, and explained what it was and gave a research example. Followed by biological predisposing to criminal behaviour through differences in the brain and used raine et Al as research example.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    It was something like 'describe Nicole's behaviour using social learning theory compared to another explanation of criminal behaviour'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was more like 'describe why Nicole might steal a car using social learning and compare this social learning theory with another explanation of criminal behaviour'

I don't think they wanted you to describe how SFP would explain this behaviour tbh but idk

ReputationRep:
    they used my name on the criminal 12 marker :ahee::teehee::teehee:

im way too excited for that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. In the answer made sure that it was referenced to Nicole. Even the other explanations.

ReputationRep:
    i completely forgot to cross the boxes?!!???!?! my teacher didn't inform us of that, and i didn't even realise they existed until reading this! does anyone know what will happen??!?!? freaking out!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.