Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Because its the last year doing this syllabus do you guys think they will mark it lightly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelly432)
    Because its the last year doing this syllabus do you guys think they will mark it lightly?
    What do you mean

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukey0071)
    What do you mean
    Because next year they have a different syalbus and they don't have alphabets such as: As and Bs, they have 1-9. So our year is the last year to do this syllabus. So I'm not sure if they will mark our papers lightly or harshly.

ReputationRep:
    I think they should do that as they always did( marking it correctly and fairly) but I am more concerned about the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Because next year they have a different syalbus and they don't have alphabets such as: As and Bs, they have 1-9. So our year is the last year to do this syllabus.
    So..... This means that they could be nice to have low grade boundaries as easy exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by densab11)
    I think they should do that as they always did( marking it correctly and fairly) but I am more concerned about the grade boundaries
    yeah true.

ReputationRep:
    I am getting off. Good night all

ReputationRep:
    So..... This means that they could be nice to have low grade boundaries as easy exams
    hope the grade boundaries are low.

ReputationRep:
    hope the grade boundaries are low.
    I think it will

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if 93 to 96 will scrape a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kareem213)
    Does anyone know if 93 to 96 will scrape a B
    If you are lucky

ReputationRep:
    Would 98-101 get me a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelabtatpast)
    Would 98-101 get me a B
    Yes it would

ReputationRep:
    Yes it would
    I have just noticed a trend in these grade boundaries since 2010. Every 3 years it goes up. After the rd year starts going down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GKT)
    I have just noticed a trend in these grade boundaries since 2010. Every 3 years it goes up. After the rd year starts going down.
    What's rd?

ReputationRep:
    What's rd?
    Its 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GKT)
    Its 3rd.
    This year they will probably try to make everyone pass as the next yr(yr10) are doing a different syllabus therefore the grade boundaries can go low. Also our yr are not that smart i think, but im not sure.

ReputationRep:
    This year they will probably try to make everyone pass as the next yr(yr10) are doing a different syllabus therefore the grade boundaries can go low. Also our yr are not that smart i think, but im not sure.
    I think so, I mean the GCSEs will be harder and uses different grade,
    To resit the exams if anyone have failed maths or English, take them about 6 weeks for them to revise and resit on the exams, they will say wtf because the topics will be different so as the paper as well.
    So I think Edexcel will be nice and put the grade boundaries low as they can because I am amazed how easy most of the questions they are asking, some at the end are hard but most students with C keep saying it's easy because most of the topics are C grade questions in our exams.
    I think 100 percent, they will put the grade boundaries low.

ReputationRep:
    I think so, I mean the GCSEs will be harder and uses different grade,
    To resit the exams if anyone have failed maths or English, take them about 6 weeks for them to revise and resit on the exams, they will say wtf because the topics will be different so as the paper as well.
    So I think Edexcel will be nice and put the grade boundaries low as they can because I am amazed how easy most of the questions they are asking, some at the end are hard but most students with C keep saying it's easy because most of the topics are C grade questions in our exams.
    I think 100 percent, they will put the grade boundaries low.
    But if everyone found it easy wouldn't they increase the grade boundaries.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.