Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Arg It's so close.

I'm really worried about how far I will have failed my target grades by.

ReputationRep:
    When do they send your results to your school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenFillet2.0)
    Today is the 1st of August - by which point, all scripts for GCSE have (/should) have been marked and results handed in for moderation to Ofqual.

To think that in some office somewhere, on some computer somewhere, in some file somewhere; there are a series of numbers that I would really like to know, a series of numbers which would dispel so much anxiety, a series of numbers that I have to wait another 24 days to find out.
    It's not that deep lmao
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by sahil19)
    When do they send your results to your school?
    Usually a day before results are released to candidates.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, the grade boundaries come out the day before results day ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Wait, the grade boundaries come out the day before results day ?
    Yes, GCSE grade boundaries can be viewed on the exam boards website at 12:00AM on the 24th. Some boards release their boundaries at 8:30AM on the 24th though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really quite scared. Anyone else know they've flopped on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    I'm really quite scared. Anyone else know they've flopped on this?
    I think we all think we've done worse than we actually have, I bet we'll all by pleasantly surprised on the 25th! Hopefully anyway aha!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here take the AQA Physics Unit 2 and 3 paper? It was soooooo hard imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    Did anyone here take the AQA Physics Unit 2 and 3 paper? It was soooooo hard imo
    lol yeah I did P2, easily the hardest exam out of them all.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah I did P2, easily the hardest exam out of them all.
    AQA? I hate them so bad for the ridiculous science papers given this year. Made me hate the fact I did science with AQA in 2016 rather than 2015

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    AQA? I hate them so bad for the ridiculous science papers given this year. Made me hate the fact I did science with AQA in 2016 rather than 2015
    The grade boundaries should be like 34/60 for an A on those physics papers. Ridiculous paper.

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries should be like 34/60 for an A on those physics papers. Ridiculous paper.
    yes grade boundaries for that paper should be very low because literally everybody found P2 really hard. Especially in comparison to last year P2 which I felt was the easiest paper they had given

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicting 36 or 37 for the A* grade, ridiculously hard. What did you guys think of the P3 paper?

ReputationRep:
    http://gcseanswers.co.uk/physics2 a look at the last 3 years bounds for P2.

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicting 36 or 37 for the A* grade, ridiculously hard. What did you guys think of the P3 paper?
    As much as I'd love that, this is AQA. They wouldn't put 57% for an A*, although let's hope.

ReputationRep:
    23 days to go.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I'd love that, this is AQA. They wouldn't put 57% for an A*, although let's hope.
    I remember they lowered the Biology Unit 3 A* boundary to 36 in June 2013, that paper wasn't even that hard!

ReputationRep:
    I remember they lowered the Biology Unit 3 A* boundary to 36 in June 2013, that paper wasn't even that hard!
    If it's 36 for an A* I'll pay for everyone's drinks for their results day celebration

ReputationRep:
    22 days till GB are released...23 days till Results Day....All papers have been marked...statistical analysis happening and also GB setting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.