Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hope you find these sources really useful!!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pptx Unit 3C Revision Notes.pptx (157.1 KB, 184 views)
  2. File Type: pptx Cue Card Unit 3C.pptx (173.5 KB, 126 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaaC)
    They had an impact in 1992 with Ross Perot who won 18.9% of the vote but clinton used co-optation and essentially stole his ideas on balancing the budget and by the end of Clinton's presidency he successfully balanced the economy

Impact in the 2000 election as Nader won 100,000 votes in Floria and Bush beat Nader by 537 votes in Florida, Nader was more to the left of the spectrum, thus if Nader had not run they most likely would have voted for Gore who would have won Florida and possibly the election as he could have gained 29 ECV's in Florida

Governor wise Jesse the body ventura won elections in Minnesota as a third party and Lincoln Chaffee of Rhode Island (2011) was the only third party governor, you could also mention Bernie as an independent and has the highest individual approval rate in America for a Senator- 73%
    Thank you Melissa and Emily

ReputationRep:
    Please let me know if u have any questions/issues, just state them below and I will try all my best to help you out!! I have got unlimited resources and I am more than happy to share with anyone else!! I like helping people!!

ReputationRep:
    would you happen to have points and examples for pros and cons for affirmative action? thanks

also examples and points for pressure group success ?

ReputationRep:
    here are some additional notes: these are some essay plans...it is not exhaustive I know but it was really really useful for me and I hope the same for you too!
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: docx 1. Election essay plan.docx (18.1 KB, 171 views)
  4. File Type: docx 2. Party essay plans.docx (20.8 KB, 157 views)
  5. File Type: docx 3. Pressure groups essay plans.docx (18.3 KB, 122 views)
  6. File Type: docx 4. Racial Essay plans.docx (19.8 KB, 113 views)

ReputationRep:
    How influential is the left in the Democrats? (15)

+ The congressional progressive caucus has over 50+ congress members including Pelosi and Sanders
    + Influence of the left has been seen in the 2015 primaries with Sanders winning over 20 states.

- Obama has appointed more moderate Dem's in his cabinet such as Clinton, Gates and Geithner who aren't so liberal.
    - Far left candidate Sanders has lost to Clinton
    - Obama extended the Bush tax cuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEgirl13)
    would you happen to have points and examples for pros and cons for affirmative action? thanks

also examples and points for pressure group success ?
    Hi, I have attached two things.... hope it is what you were looking for!
    Attached Images

Attached Files
  7. File Type: doc 3.4 - 5. Can affirmative action be justified.doc (203.5 KB, 82 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arthussein04)
    Hi, I have attached two things.... hope it is what you were looking for!
    thank you so much. I appreciate it so much. Would you happen to have essay plans for 4c?

good luck

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much. I appreciate it so much. Would you happen to have essay plans for 4c?

good luck
    No worries!

Yep! Please have a look at the attachments!

Good luck to you too for tomorrow!
    Attached Files
  8. File Type: pptx Unit 4C summary.pptx (161.8 KB, 139 views)
  9. File Type: docx 1.Constitution.docx.docx (38.9 KB, 78 views)
  10. File Type: docx 2. Congress.docx (20.2 KB, 121 views)
  11. File Type: pptx Cue Card Unit 4C.pptx (135.8 KB, 117 views)

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much!

the exam is in the afternoon right? just checking

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much!

the exam is in the afternoon right? just checking
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    I know that this is a *tad* late but could somebody please tell me which topics are in each unit? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Really good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    DACA has not become active and is currently in the Supreme Court going to be voted on
    Could you talk about DAPA because he still issued the order himself, it's the supreme court that is essentially failing on immigration reform then not his administration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XiuXiu)
    I know that this is a *tad* late but could somebody please tell me which topics are in each unit? Thanks
    3C:

- Elections and voting
    - Political parties
    - Pressure groups
    - Race

4C:

- Constitution
    - Congress
    - Presidency
    - Supreme Court

ReputationRep:
    Can any body give me some questions they're predicting to come up?

ReputationRep:
    What could you write about "what are iron triangles, assess their significance" I know what an iron triangle is and that they're significant because they ignore the general public's wishes and enhance elitism but I don't know what to say for the third paragraph?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaaC)
    What could you write about "what are iron triangles, assess their significance" I know what an iron triangle is and that they're significant because they ignore the general public's wishes and enhance elitism but I don't know what to say for the third paragraph?
    Hey! I have written these notes like almost three days ago!

Good luck with your exam today!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arthussein04)
    Hey! I have written these notes like almost three days ago!

Good luck with your exam today!
    Thank you so much!!!!! good luck!!!!

ReputationRep:
    good luck guys!!!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.