Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wave Function)
    Here's what it says on the paper:

"Use the information about compounds P and Q to identify compounds A and B. Explain your answer with reference to the functional groups in P and Q."
    And can I ask how you got the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wave function)
    here's what it says on the paper:

"use the information about compounds p and q to identify compounds a and b. Explain your answer with reference to the functional groups in p and q."
    please post the paper!!!

ReputationRep:
    Please

ReputationRep:

"Use the information about compounds P and Q to identify compounds A and B. Explain your answer with reference to the functional groups in P and Q."
    Cool. I was almost certain it asked for A and B

ReputationRep:
    Is the only answer u can write for thr method question is time how long it takes to form white ppt wud you get 0 marks for sayin add dilute nh3 and time how long it takes for each to dissolve?

ReputationRep:
    A and B are alcohols. I've got the paper right in front of me and they can literally only be a primary alcohol (B) and a secondary alcohol (A)
    Could you possibly Send me a photos of the paper?

ReputationRep:
    can i write primary alcohol and secondary alcohol instead of but-1-ol and but-2-ol??? and what did people get for the calculations?

ReputationRep:
    How can they have the audacity to confuse us like that??? Not ok! They should be testing our knowledge not spending time writing questions that people may misinterpret due to time limit and stress

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A and B are alcohols. I've got the paper right in front of me and they can literally only be a primary alcohol (B) and a secondary alcohol (A)
    Could you PM me the paper please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simple Harmonic)
    Agreed. A and B were the alcohols, not the carbonyl compounds.
    I somehow replied to the wrong person there oops

ReputationRep:
    Can you PM me the paper please please please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiPablo)
    Eh it's only one mark, wouldn't dwell on it too much
    True. My issue is the one markers anyway, they all end up adding up. There's still A2 anyway so we should all be fine. I love unit 4

ReputationRep:
    How can people say this paper was easy? I'm sorry, in comparison to other past papers this paper was definitely more difficult because the questions tested your knowledge much more and also I found a lot of questions were poorly worded.

AQA is starting to really annoy me this year because this paper was so different to the others, and the A2 EMPA paper was a f**king joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    True. My issue is the one markers anyway, they all end up adding up. There's still A2 anyway so we should all be fine. I love unit 4

Omg me too!!

ReputationRep:

Please can you either post the paper or make an unofficial mark scheme for it if you have it?

ReputationRep:
    Okay it was definitely the alcohols that we had to identify (A and B). I finished early and went through the paper to double check everything and initially I had written the aldehyde and ketone but the question definitely wanted the alcohols! Thank god i double checked!

ReputationRep:
    Ive lost like 35 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My a levels are such a joke...

Chem 2 was horrible, Empa was horrible ... Bye bye uni offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsan_ijaz)
    Yeah it was the one which talked about distilling and other one requiring reflux and h2so4

One of em was aldehyde other was carboxylic acid

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh nice thats what i put , did you mention about hydrogen bonding for that bit?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Wasn't that good of a paper but not that bad imo. There was nothing there which was unexpected. I personally found the way they tried making the questions hard to interpret pretty annoying like test our knowledge not reading skills under time pressure... I really don't understand timed exams with maths and science either you know your stuff or you don't. As for the paper I made some silly mistakes and is very to do so on unit 2. I am worried about about how I said tertiary carbocation when it was secondary... How many marks will I lose because after that I talked about stability with secondary when it should be secondary with primary... The question about reactivity of Mg and Sr or something like that why is something higher... I talked about the other one and why it was lower lol would I get still get the marks? Because if the other is smaller in ionisation energy the other must be higher lol?

Also the question about fermentation and the use of ethene it asked for advantages and disadvantages of fermentation however again it was badly worded IDK why they do that they also did it with the table one and how we had to name the alcohols not just say primary or secondary... Anyways my next point is if you did advantages and disadvantages of ethene would you get 0 marks I didnt do this however some did and they are kinda opposites in the sense one is renewable one isn't, one is a batch process isn't etc... With conditions for the question I wrote high temp 300 degrees which is right him pressure which is right but I wrote 7 atm instead of 70 ... and got the right catalyst but don't remember if I wrote hydration or not... How would I have done?

There was also a question on isomers drawing pen-1-ene and 2 other isomers what did you guys write for that?

I think the metal extraction questions were quite nice but I made some silly mistakes....

The calculation were ok and again made some silly mistakes will get 2/3 for shwoing forumla and working outs?

I got elimination and electrophilic addition with the right mechanisms and i cant remember the last question but it was really nice can someone remember it?

After writing this I think I have done quite badly

EDIT: It was aldehyde and carobxylic acid for some question was about to write ketone for carboxylic acid luckily I didn't and I then talked about hydrogen bonding I also messed question 3 up ffs on the free radical subsitution I didnt got one wrong propagation step when that was so easy... ticking boxes what did u tick?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.