Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audrey_lh)
    So you're basically saying that it's just the fact that incest is in the family that makes it wrong.
    Well I could also say that the fact that homosexuality is between two people of the same sex makes it wrong- both arguments are pretty much the same.
    Okay, for a start, no. I'm not saying that. The list you commented on originally was given to show where the boundaries lie and the differences between the two because people are saying they are the same and they simply aren't.

Again. My comments are not about whether it is right or wrong.

And the arguments are not the same. Family dynamics in one, your belief about the nature of the relationship in the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    Genetics accounts for around 40% of the chance of a person being homosexual by itself. Consider a homosexual parent as an environmental factor, and the percentage chance will climb even higher, hence, the counter-productivity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You clearly do not understand the way the factors work. Being queer is not hereditary.

ReputationRep:
    Genetics accounts for around 40% of the chance of a person being homosexual by itself. Consider a homosexual parent as an environmental factor, and the percentage chance will climb even higher, hence, the counter-productivity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I doubt homosexuality is hereditary nor genetic... but there has been research into the latter although I am not sure enough of the results to give an opinion or any statistical evidence on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    You clearly do not understand the way the factors work. Being queer is not hereditary.
    Oh no, you're a biological illiterate. Homosexuality is very much a neurological condition, as the mentality for it disagrees with the rest of the body, since homosexuals can't reproduce with each other. Considering this, I suppose you think psychosis, ADHD etc are not hereditary? Further proof:
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...s-deal-with-it

http://www.natureworldnews.com/artic...t-evidence.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-accuracy.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I doubt homosexuality is hereditary nor genetic
    They're the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, you're a biological illiterate. Homosexuality is very much a neurological condition, as the mentality for it disagrees with the rest of the body, since homosexuals can't reproduce with each other. Considering this, I suppose you think psychosis, ADHD etc are not hereditary? Further proof:
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...s-deal-with-it

http://www.natureworldnews.com/artic...t-evidence.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-accuracy.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What a load of *******s - you're basically saying my sexuality is a mental disorder.

ReputationRep:
    What a load of *******s - you're basically saying my sexuality is a mental disorder.
    In the same way having blue eyes is a physical disorder - a mutation.

It's worth saying that I don't agree with the above, and continue to believe the 'gay uncle' evolution theory, which I'm sure we've talked about on here before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grand High Witch)
    I can't think of a good one, and yet it is banned throughout the world and there are people in the West who think it should be banned in Western countries.
    Maybe it just looks weird and unnatural and makes people uncomfortable?

I'm sorry but when I see two guys holding hands in public or worse, kissing, it just gives me the creeps like I'm at a freak show...

To me, this looks right:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And this looks so, so wrong:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    A homosexual species wouldn't survive and would die out. So thinking about this analytically, it can be argued that a homosexual mind isn't in synch with the reproductive aspect of the body.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)

I'm sorry but when I see two guys holding hands in public or worse, kissing, it just gives me the creeps like I'm at a freak show...

To me, this looks right:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Then grow the **** up.

ReputationRep:

To me, this looks right:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    With all sincerity, if it bothers you that much you may wish to seek therapy. Nobody is born freaked out by people holding hands.

ReputationRep:

To me, this looks right:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How is what you find weird and uncomfortable a good reason for banning something?

Also, I find it a bit odd that you experience such severe emotions merely at the sight of seeing two men embracing. That's what is "weird" and "so wrong".

ReputationRep:
    A homosexual species wouldn't survive and would die out. So thinking about this analytically, it can be argued that a homosexual mind isn't in synch with the reproductive aspect of the body.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you heard of the 'gay uncle' theory? If not, I'll explain briefly.

The idea is that it's beneficial for a species if a small but constant amount of the population are gay. Because of this, they will not reproduce, and thus will be able to spend more time looking after the younger ones, ensuring their survival and the survival of the whole species.

ReputationRep:

To me, this looks right:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Though I'm not homophobic I think I'd agree that it certainly does not look natural.

ReputationRep:
    Then grow the **** up.
    I'm 22 and I'll always be creeped out by gays. It's got nothing to do with maturity it's just who I am. I'm not saying I wanna hurt the gays but I just don't want anything to do with them at all

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 and I'll always be creeped out by gays. It's got nothing to do with maturity it's just who I am. I'm not saying I wanna hurt the gays but I just don't want anything to do with them at all
    You do realise lesbians qualify as homosexuals and I bet you'd love everything to do with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grand High Witch)
    How is what you find weird and uncomfortable a good reason for banning something?

Also, I find it a bit odd that you experience such severe emotions merely at the sight of seeing two men embracing. That's what is "weird" and "so wrong".
    It's not me alone who finds it weird it's entire nations of people, that's why its banned everywhere

and I don't care if you find it odd because I know loads of people that also get creeped out by gays, its a normal reaction from my point of view

ReputationRep:
    I hope you have gay children. You'll understand the complete irrationality of your mindset and understand just how unreasonable you are.

Now go on jacking off to lesbians because you're a hypocrite. Adieu.

Though I'm not homophobic I think I'd agree that it certainly does not look natural.
    This makes you homophobic.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise lesbians qualify as homosexuals and I bet you'd love everything to do with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yea no, they creep me out as well. If anything I dislike them even more because they're supposed to be women but dress, act and style their hair like men

ReputationRep:
    It's not me alone who finds it weird it's entire nations of people, that's why its banned everywhere
    Homosexuality is banned is very few countries. It's legal in far less than it's banned.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.