Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How did Paper 2 IGCSE Chemistry go?
    95-100%
    19.66%
    90-95%
    24.79%
    80-89%
    23.08%
    70-79%
    17.95%
    60-69%
    7.69%
    50-59%
    1.71%
    40-49%
    1.71%
    30-39%
    0%
    20-29%
    1.71%
    <20%
    1.71%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alomak)
    I think cracking alkanes always gives at least one alkene, not necessarily always ethene.
    maybe? im not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abodee1)
    2 marks* one for the right reactants and products , and one for the correct balancing.
    Which paper was it?

ReputationRep:
    For the Iron (2) and iron (3) question I put the colour of the precipitate bt not the word precipitate. Will I still get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    For the Iron questions? I put just the colours and didn't write the word precipitate.. Will i still get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    If i dont balance the equation do i loose all of the 1 mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canwave28)
    If i dont balance the equation do i loose all of the 1 mark?
    I think so seeing as it is only 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma654321)
    For the Iron questions? I put just the colours and didn't write the word precipitate.. Will i still get the mark?
    I'm not 100% sure but in the question they did not mention precipitate, so you had to mention it yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't the question about the octadecane give c10h20 and c8h18

ReputationRep:
    so you think I will lose both marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hsevras)
    I'm not 100% sure but in the question they did not mention precipitate, so you had to mention it yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you think I will lose both marks?

ReputationRep:
    So you think I will lose both marks?
    it asked for the observation, so you might, but they could still give you 1 or 2 marks if they know thats what you mean

ReputationRep:
    For the iron question: i put the colours correctly bt didnt put word precipitate. Will i get mark with like benefit of the doubt or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metellaest)
    Will I lose the marks for the colours of the Fe2+/3+ ions if I just said the colours, without saying precipitate? Gah what a silly thing to do. Oh well - only two marks.
    I did the same thing!! I hope we get the marks. Benefit of the doubt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rcmack)
    it asked for the observation, so you might, but they could still give you 1 or 2 marks if they know thats what you mean
    Do yoI think its more likely that i will lose the marks??

ReputationRep:
    For the iron question: i put the colours correctly bt didnt put word precipitate. Will i get mark with like benefit of the doubt or something?
    If you'd suggested that the entire solution goes green then you'd get no marks but I think the key word here is the colour so its anyones call.

ReputationRep:
    Do yoI think its more likely that i will lose the marks??
    since 'brown/orange' could refer to a flame test, i think you could loose 1 mark, but you shouldnt penalise you for the same mistake twice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rcmack)
    since 'brown/orange' could refer to a flame test, i think you could loose 1 mark, but you shouldnt penalise you for the same mistake twice
    i said redish-brownish precipitate instead of brown-orange, do you think i would get a mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    If you'd suggested that the entire solution goes green then you'd get no marks but I think the key word here is the colour so its anyones call.
    I didn't mention solution atall just put colour, and like you said colour is key word. So maybe lose one mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melisss22)
    i said redish-brownish precipitate instead of brown-orange, do you think i would get a mark?
    theyll give you the mark for brown precipitate, but ignore the red, so you should get the mark!

ReputationRep:
    What mark do you think is good to get in this paper?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.