tan A: 4, -3
    tan B : 3 , -3
    wasn't tanb just 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abscissa)
    wasn't tanb just 3?
    Yeah just 3 because it was a cubic root which only come out with a positive

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember what question 3 was as I got completely different answers to everyone else and want to try and figure out where I messed up??

ReputationRep:
    did you have to give the coordinates to 3dp or was 3sf sufficient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfie88)
    Can anyone remember what question 3 was as I got completely different answers to everyone else and want to try and figure out where I messed up??
    It was the exponential decay question. The answers on the markscheme are correct.

ReputationRep:
    what was the question for 2i?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samm 0)
    what was the question for 2i?
    Integrating those two things

ReputationRep:
    I meant what did the actual question say...
    It was something like when t=0, m=... when t=? m=?....

(Original post by SGHD26716)
    It was the exponential decay question. The answers on the markscheme are correct.

ReputationRep:
    For question 3ii you had to find the time taken for M to reach 50g to the nearest integer.
    I got the time taken for M=50g to be t=31.06 (something or other-basically just over 31).
    So surely integer t should be t=32, because at t=31, M hasn't actually reached 50g yet?
    Or do they just want the closest value to t?? I found it difficult to understand what they were asking.

Let me know what you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RmAthS)
    For question 3ii you had to find the time taken for M to reach 50g to the nearest integer.
    I got the time taken for M=50g to be t=31.06 (something or other-basically just over 31).
    So surely integer t should be t=32, because at t=31, M hasn't actually reached 50g yet?
    Or do they just want the closest value to t?? I found it difficult to understand what they were asking.

Let me know what you think
    I think they said nearest integer value

ReputationRep:
    I think they said nearest integer value
    but surely it had to be t=32 otherwise M wouldn't have been 50g?
    more like 49.__g

ReputationRep:
    but surely it had to be t=32 otherwise M wouldn't have been 50g?
    more like 49.__g
    Even if that's the case, it will only lose one mark.

How did you find the paper? I thought is was quite good, (hopefully 100 UMS). My exams have finished

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baileyprice1234)
    Yeah, how do you do q6?
    I can't remember the exact question, but you had the two functions which met a certain value of x and also had the same gradient at this value of x. You put them equal to each other and sub in the value of x. Differentiate them both and sub in the value of x as well and you have simultaneous equations which both have a and b. You can then solve simultaneously to get a=6 and b=5.

ReputationRep:
    Even if that's the case, it will only lose one mark.

How did you find the paper? I thought is was quite good, (hopefully 100 UMS). My exams have finished
    Very true. I thought the paper was fairly average maybe slightly trickier than usual for people who aren't comfortable with fiddly trig identities, but I found it good too What do you think boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Plugging pi/6 into a calculator gives 2, not 1, it was 0.6something

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, i got 0.659, not pi/6 aswell, i got cos2theta = 0.25. everyone getting pi/6 is stressing me out !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbread23)
    Hi, i got 0.659, not pi/6 aswell, i got cos2theta = 0.25. everyone getting pi/6 is stressing me out !
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466521659.052329.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  129.1 KB no need to worry, you were correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very true. I thought the paper was fairly average maybe slightly trickier than usual for people who aren't comfortable with fiddly trig identities, but I found it good too What do you think boundaries will be?
    Just below average I would say. 56 an A.
    I guess you're doing C4. How is that compared to C3? I'm doing it next year so is there trig stuff in there as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466521659.052329.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  129.1 KB no need to worry, you were correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank You!, also for the last one, i might be wrong with 8sin^3theta? i dont see how people got just 8sintheta?

ReputationRep:
    Just below average I would say. 56 an A.
    I guess you're doing C4. How is that compared to C3? I'm doing it next year so is there trig stuff in there as well?
    In vectors and possible integration I think? Not nearly as much as in c3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbread23)
    Thank You!, also for the last one, i might be wrong with 8sin^3theta? i dont see how people got just 8sintheta?
    I got 32 sin theta Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466522041.497756.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  116.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.